PDA

View Full Version : A well deserved LESSON!

Ahmed_B
January 20, 2005, 12:59 PM
Great Lesson for the TEAM as a whole!!:cool:
They played with total ignorance and they paid for it!

:duh:Bowlers were totally careless to keep tight line/lengths.. they thought they could take wickets in every ball.. no matter how they bowl!
:duh:Fielders throwed the balls everywhere except right on stumps!
:duh:And the Batsmen??.. well they played as if they were SUPERMEN.. and they could blast away the ZIMs in only 30 overs time (Top/Mid order) !!!

They probably needed the bitter lesson... glad that it came early!! :up:

bangalee
January 20, 2005, 01:02 PM
can agree any more... a slap on the face. Hope fully they will learn from this

abu_akif
January 20, 2005, 03:15 PM
Our players should learn how to put 'tape' on their mouth.. They talk big like politicinas and now they got punsihed.. I hope they will learn it.. ASH should know how to keep mouth shut especially, he talked to big and see!! he needed 75 balls to score 41.. 'agaisnt the weakest bowling side that he has ever played'...

Fazal
January 20, 2005, 03:54 PM
"A well deserved LESSON!"

No doubt about that.

Now the real questions is do they ususally learn from their mistakes?

And, will they learn any thing from today's lesson?

I guess .... very little at best.

reyme
January 20, 2005, 04:18 PM
After a win everything will be alright :)

paco
January 20, 2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by reyme
After a win everything will be alright :)

I think the opposite is true - every time they win or do well, they seem to forget the basics, and start thinking they're supermen. Look at what happened I1 of T2, and look at what happened today after the test series win.

It seems like all the players, and the selectors are suffering from big time complacency.

This is why we should never play lesser teams like Scotland and Namibia right before major tournaments (e.g. World Cup), because our batters think they can blast every ball out of the park just because they did it with Namibia or UAE

Flip Master Mick
January 20, 2005, 06:13 PM
crickethorizon... couldn't agree with you more... our players need to be brought back to the ground after the series win... our CHASHA lineage doesn't aid in developing our cricketing character...

Fazal
January 24, 2005, 11:19 AM
A well deserved LESSON TWO !!!!

When does the lesson session ends? After the series?

rafiq
January 24, 2005, 11:42 AM
Hey I thought the feeling on this board was that "a draw is better than a win" - aka second Test. So what happened? Aren't we happy to get relatively close to Zimbabwe on two occasions? Why do we need to win?

jeesh
January 24, 2005, 11:53 AM
The problem with the Bangladeshi Cricket Team is they dont learn! They repeat their mistakes. I felt todays defeat was the result of a mixture of poor bowling in the death, poor shot selection and poor captaincy. But the thing with two evenly balanced and inexperienced teams like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh is the team batting first always has an advantage. So it will be kind of decided in the toss.

CTazim
January 24, 2005, 12:06 PM
All I can say is that I've learnt my lesson:mad:. The two losses had made me open my mouth and insert my foot in it.

:down:

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by rafiq
Hey I thought the feeling on this board was that "a draw is better than a win" - aka second Test. So what happened? Aren't we happy to get relatively close to Zimbabwe on two occasions? Why do we need to win?
Now those negetive minded people should invent a draw for ODI. I was one of the very few people who were not satisfied with the negetive attitude of our team in the last day.

If we lost the last test after trying to win, then it would've been much better for us in the end.

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by jeesh
The problem with the Bangladeshi Cricket Team is they dont learn! They repeat their mistakes. I felt todays defeat was the result of a mixture of poor bowling in the death, poor shot selection and poor captaincy. But the thing with two evenly balanced and inexperienced teams like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh is the team batting first always has an advantage. So it will be kind of decided in the toss.
Everything doesn't need to be 100% correct for a team to win a match. I don't see any reason to blame captaincy today. We always have been poor bowling side at the death of innings. 237 was a very chaseable total, and after scoring 130/4 in 30 overs, the match was still very open for us.

The main problem of our batting is, we can't pace an innings (personal or team total) correctly.

DJ Sahastra
January 24, 2005, 12:13 PM
"Pagla babar mazar er pani pora_o"

I like this the best.

(I assume it means "Someone should offer water on the mazaar of the Paglar Baba")

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra

I like this the best.

(I assume it means "Someone should offer water on the mazaar of the Paglar Baba")
Close, but it's a bit different :)

The complete sentece, which I posted in another thread meant "even the holy water of Pagla Baba's mazar won't improve our condition"

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 5:29 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

rafiq
January 24, 2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra

I like this the best.

:) yes - but it has to be holy water! Bring pagla baba to bowl at the death next time as well!

bangalee
January 24, 2005, 12:35 PM
A lesson is for those who wants to improve or learn... how about BD team...we have played our 103 ODIs and look at our record, specially last 2 ODIs against Zim... who is going to say that we have learnt from our mistakes from the 1st ODI.. this is shameless, careless, casual and pathetic act by BD players, specially Ashraful (the whole Zim series), Aftab, Pilot and Bashar.

pagol-chagol
January 24, 2005, 12:38 PM
Nice thread.

Do you think Bangladeshi people are more complacent than most others? My unscientific observation would point that way.

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by bangaleespecially Ashraful (the whole Zim series), Aftab, Pilot and Bashar.
Bashar played very well in the first test and did good in the 2 ODIs. Why still complain about him?

al
January 24, 2005, 12:55 PM
lesson for how long. i hope they realizes soon and take the series 3-2. still there is a chance.

rafiq
January 24, 2005, 12:55 PM
I don't think you can go from a cricket loss to ZImbabwe to making sweeping judgements on Bangladeshi people!

But to the question "are BD people more complacent than most others" - I don't know if anyone can give you an exhaustive reply because surely there are others with the same traits. But things we do which can be issues - being a little too risk-adverse; preferring to follow rather than lead; settling for whatever is written in the "kopal".

al
January 24, 2005, 12:57 PM
over excitement and over confidence after test series win basically trapped them