PDA

View Full Version : Do you "hate" Australia?

Samin
January 21, 2005, 01:26 AM
I wanted to know the answer to this because many people say they "hate" Australia, but acknowledge and marvel at their talent.

As I am from Australia (born and brought up), I have nationalistic pride in them as a team and feel pround that we are no. 1, but I do find it boring that they dominate so much and that matches they play in are invariably not competitive or entertaining at times.

After Bangladesh's recent success, I am finding great enjoyment following the BD team, as many matches (in particular the current series with Zimbo) are competitive, which is something we in Oz are desperately craving...

AGC
January 21, 2005, 01:31 AM
I love to watch the Aussies play. Watching the WI-Aus match right now.

gladiator
January 21, 2005, 01:32 AM
i think hate cannot be used here.
they are absolutely the best team out there by far and that is what makes it unexciting to watch. Cus without competition, it gets boring. Every now and then, when a strong team is against them, ppl have their hopes that maybe this time result would be different but when its the same ppl get pissed.

Ofcourse its not their fault that they are good, and everybody knows it in their heart. So ppl dont hat the aussie team but get pissed at them from time to time.

Hasib
January 21, 2005, 05:48 AM
lol... this "hate" is called jealousy (or in some cases boredom)

bdmoderator
January 21, 2005, 06:54 AM
No I don't hate Australia. They have own style. I like Australia and also Australian people and players. I only hate from Australia is John Howard. I don't like him.

akabir77
January 21, 2005, 08:48 AM
This is the differnece... When i was watching pointing and gong batting in the tsunami game i was up and excited to see the aggressive battings (including laras) but as soon as the asian started their chase .... i fell a sleep.... anyway Aussis rules there now what WI was in the viv and clives ara and they will come down soon...... but that doesn't mean we hate them... but if some week team is playing(which is every one lese) normall they get our support (Only if its england then we support Aus :lol:)...

here we is me and my friends and the people i know....

will2008
January 21, 2005, 10:08 AM
i hate Australia because they allways win. But when the play England we wil hit you for six!!!!!!!

Because we have flintoff and we will win it for England

akabir77
January 21, 2005, 10:15 AM
will2008 dream on of wining as you have been doing so, for long long time.....:down:

Edited on, January 21, 2005, 3:16 PM GMT, by akabir77.

AsifTheManRahman
January 21, 2005, 11:24 AM
no

AsifTheManRahman
January 21, 2005, 11:24 AM
but it gets quite boring when they play. you know who's gonna win.

Ameer
January 21, 2005, 01:22 PM
I don't hate Australia but I hate how whenever it seems they might finally get beaten something has to happen... umpires and weather collaborate. Just like yesterday when West Indies had them by their tiny balls.

bourny3
January 21, 2005, 07:38 PM
I dont hate Australia but i am following BD matches more closely than Australia matches because BD are on there way up. And Australia are just too good.

fab
January 21, 2005, 08:34 PM
I don't hate Australia, just don't like the attitude of some players.

Tehsin
January 21, 2005, 11:16 PM
I like Australia, don't support them all the way but I absolutely have no respect (you could say - Hate) for Warne.

cricketfan
January 22, 2005, 03:25 AM
One can like or dislike Australia if one choses to let his/her bias cloud his/her judgement. From an objective point of view, I feel privileged to have witnessed them and lived in a time which is bound to be remembered as the era of the "Invincible Aussies-mark II" in cricket.

Darkwarrior
January 23, 2005, 06:59 AM
People are just jealous of the aussies as they almost look invincible

Ahmed_B
January 23, 2005, 12:31 PM
First of all.. I will take it that by saying 'Australia' u don't mean the 'Nation-Australia' but rather the 'Cricket-Team-Australia' .. coz this is surely a cricket forum.

Samin.. probably u r looking in the 'wrong place' for Aus-haters :)

There r some stubborn Aus-haters in the cricket-world... but u can find them very easily if u look at the 'Western' part of the world! :)

BD is probably one of the best places to look for Aus-Fans (supporting Aus after BD ofcourse..) rather than haters... n Aus has almost always been supportive to our cricket in many ways. Other than some faces of Aus side... Aussi cricket is appriciated highly here.

Personally I am highly greatful to the encouragement that Steve Waugh had given to BD team n its players!

:flag:

And as for Nation-Australia... well.. we may find some other place to discuss that.. :)