PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh break a jinx


rimjumana
January 21, 2005, 07:49 AM
I think we are on the right track.

but still need to work harder ...........

source: http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/JAN/163010_COL-STATS_21JAN2005.html

Ameer
January 21, 2005, 01:45 PM
It hardly broke the jinx... beat a first string Zimbabwe team first.

yaseer
January 21, 2005, 01:54 PM
1st or 2nd string is not our headache. we have given their nation (zimbabwe) a kick on their back. i dont bother which team they have send. the fact is that we are the winner against zimbabwe and no.9 of the world now

Ehsan
January 21, 2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Ameer
It hardly broke the jinx... beat a first string Zimbabwe team first.

Have already beaten the so called "first string" Zimb. team in their own backyard. And for Zimb. this team will be their "first string" team for years to come now.

Ahmed_B
January 21, 2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Ameer
It hardly broke the jinx... beat a first string Zimbabwe team first.
still having some sort of Hallucination or something?
The ZIMs that 'was'.. is gone!.. the ZIMs that 'is' will stay for long future.. this is the 'First String' ZIM team at the moment.. and your 'Good Old Days' ZIM team ain't gonna be back!

Now learn to live with that!

yaseer
January 21, 2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Ameer
It hardly broke the jinx... beat a first string Zimbabwe team first.

desher je kono achievement ke choto korar jonno loker obhab amader dese kokhonoi hoi na..........amra kobe amader desh ke uchute bhabte sikhbo??? hai re Ameer saheb..............

little_master
January 21, 2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Ameer
It hardly broke the jinx... beat a first string Zimbabwe team first.

A critizism is always a good thing to evaluate things from many point of view. But how can you critisize our first ever test series!
come on show your love for your country!:fanflag:

AsifTheManRahman
January 21, 2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by yaseer
Originally posted by Ameer
It hardly broke the jinx... beat a first string Zimbabwe team first.

desher je kono achievement ke choto korar jonno loker obhab amader dese kokhonoi hoi na..........amra kobe amader desh ke uchute bhabte sikhbo??? hai re Ameer saheb..............

oi beta pakistani, bangladeshi na

Edited on, January 21, 2005, 8:35 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

aftitabi
January 21, 2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by yaseer
the fact is that we are the winner against zimbabwe and no.9 of the world now

And that makes you proud?:duh:

CTazim
January 21, 2005, 06:54 PM
It seems we suffer from some inferiority complex or low self-esteem. It seems that whenever BD achieves something it is because the bars had been lowered. Please people learn to believe in BD's ability for a change.

"Amrao Pari".. We have to be engrain "Amrao Pari" attitude in our soul. The opponents will always try to undermine our ability and muck with our psyche. The BD followers need not belong in that group. So, as a BD fan i say "EITHER YOU ARE WITH US! OR YOU ARE AGAINST US!!" :)

Otherwise as fans we will not go much further.

FEI, Heath Streak, Andy Flower et al. were there when we beat ZM in Zimbabwe. So, take a deep breath and do some research, unless the users are foes in guys of friends :). Read pompous's article that he wrote along with our Indian Friend Sreeram Iyer(Tintin).

Secondly, I will move on before saying that we need to look at the body language of not giving up until the end from our players in our last 22 run loss. It is very positive. I repeat again, had Shujon stayed without being unfortunately run out we had a shot. Then we also had a shot towards the end had Nazmul not panicked about giving a dot ball to the first ball of the 49th over. we still had 11 balls after that and the way Taposh was playing may be things could have been different.

I believe in the players and I think that they have evolved so that from nowon when they will get in the field, wthey will go wiith the determination that they can beat any of the other 9 nations and they will not give up until the last ball had been bowled or the last wicket is in hand. I also say it with conviction that it is not an "AKASH KUSHUM" thought process. :)

Finally, there is still a lot of cricket left in the ODI series against ZM and let us hope for the best and for a 4-1 result as Atahar Bhai stated. This one is for Atahar Bhai.. I really want Arun Lal and Ravi Shashtri to eat their words. Although, I think Ravi Shastri stated that to bring balance to the commentary and provide support for the underdog. With respect to Arun Lal, the jury is still out ;).







:mad:

Ameer
January 22, 2005, 04:06 PM
I'm not taking anything away from the series win... it was a good one. I'm just saying you can hardly say the "jinx" as this rimjumana calls it is over. Still a way to go.

PoorFan
January 22, 2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by CTazim
It seems we suffer from some inferiority complex or low self-esteem. It seems that whenever BD achieves something it is because the bars had been lowered. Please people learn to believe in BD's ability for a change.

"Amrao Pari".. We have to be engrain "Amrao Pari" attitude in our soul. The opponents will always try to undermine our ability and muck with our psyche. The BD followers need not belong in that group. So, as a BD fan i say "EITHER YOU ARE WITH US! OR YOU ARE AGAINST US!!" :)

Otherwise as fans we will not go much further.

FEI, Heath Streak, Andy Flower et al. were there when we beat ZM in Zimbabwe. So, take a deep breath and do some research, unless the users are foes in guys of friends :). Read pompous's article that he wrote along with our Indian Friend Sreeram Iyer(Tintin).

Secondly, I will move on before saying that we need to look at the body language of not giving up until the end from our players in our last 22 run loss. It is very positive. I repeat again, had Shujon stayed without being unfortunately run out we had a shot. Then we also had a shot towards the end had Nazmul not panicked about giving a dot ball to the first ball of the 49th over. we still had 11 balls after that and the way Taposh was playing may be things could have been different.

I believe in the players and I think that they have evolved so that from nowon when they will get in the field, wthey will go wiith the determination that they can beat any of the other 9 nations and they will not give up until the last ball had been bowled or the last wicket is in hand. I also say it with conviction that it is not an "AKASH KUSHUM" thought process. :)

Finally, there is still a lot of cricket left in the ODI series against ZM and let us hope for the best and for a 4-1 result as Atahar Bhai stated. This one is for Atahar Bhai.. I really want Arun Lal and Ravi Shashtri to eat their words. Although, I think Ravi Shastri stated that to bring balance to the commentary and provide support for the underdog. With respect to Arun Lal, the jury is still out ;).
:mad:

Yes, That's the believe we need, not the arrogance and complacency to opponent.
We have 4 match ahead to win the series, and it will come for sure if we concentrate and focused on it.
Once we have done it, people like Arun Lal and Ravi Shashtri will change their attitude sooner than later.
We have to bring the result in our favor first, people's attitude will change automatically.