PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan player accused of rape

crickwizard
January 21, 2005, 06:43 PM
Guess who is this player?
http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/JAN/163014_AUSPAK2004-05_21JAN2005.html

rafiq
January 21, 2005, 09:41 PM
yikes!

this should be moved to international cricket.

and do you know who it is or are you asking us to guess? making a wild guess would be in real bad taste!

Tehsin
January 21, 2005, 11:18 PM
Let's not discuss it at all. There was another thread opened and the discussion was going nowhere and 'everywhere' - if you know what I mean.

Thanks for understanding.

fab
January 22, 2005, 07:39 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but just wanted to show how LOW the media can get. In a story about this case, they put a picture of Shoaib Akhtar with the caption "Shoaib Akhtar will play no further part in this Pakistani campaign.". Yet in the actual article, there is no mention of his name. So are we supposed to put 1 and 1 together to make 50? I know the Australian media hate Shoaib Akhtar, but this is a truly despicable act by SMH (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Cricket/Why-visitors-werent-told-about-rape-allegation/2005/01/22/1106334268261.html)

AGC
January 22, 2005, 10:11 PM
Unbelievable. Wonder why they wrote that! Big picture of him as well. I agree fab.. unacceptable act.

Pundit
January 23, 2005, 12:50 AM
Any word on whether she was an Anglo or a Pakistani ?

Would that make any difference - in some quarters ?

Its just amazing, I am trying to get a fix on the 11 players, but 2-3 keep on changing from game to game and 4-5 from series to series.

The Pakistanis don't even have as many core players as we do nowadays. Disgusting, considering how much I enjoyed rooting this team in the 80 - 90s.

DJ Sahastra
January 23, 2005, 09:27 PM
Pakistani players enjoying a night-flick in Australia or UK is no big deal. One of my Australian friend has shared a few drinks with a very famous Pakistani cricketing legend whose name i cannot mention. I have seen Pakistani players at a night-club in Mumbai (and yes, it is the same city where Shiv-Sena has a dominant presence).

I do not believe that it was rape-thing. It could've been that some full/half-drunk female-admirer would've wandered into the players room and had consenting sex. And when she woke up in the morning, she would've been filled with guilt and felt that she was taken advantage of because she was drunk. Happens all the time. I have faced numerous girls in dance-clubs asking to take them to "your home".

I don't know why this should make a splash.

Tintin
January 24, 2005, 07:47 AM
To add to what fab posted, this is the preliminary report from the PCB official site :

http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Pakistan/Articles/2/2161.html

Check the name just below the heading :cool:

fab
January 24, 2005, 09:05 AM
And in another article: http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Pakistan/Articles/2/2164.html

Media Release - 22 January 2005

In view of some speculative reports regarding the reasons for Shoaib Akhtar's return to Pakistan, PCB wishes to clarify that the decision to recall him was taken in order for him to achieve full fitness in readiness for the India tour. His recall has no connection whatsoever with the uncorroborated and sensationalist reports relating to an incident in Melbourne.

Media Department PCB

:yawn:

AGC
January 24, 2005, 09:07 AM
Hmm... weird...

AsifTheManRahman
January 24, 2005, 09:13 AM
hehe...i posted this way before u did :)

Fazal
January 25, 2005, 02:17 PM
The Accuser is Bapi Sen.

Is she Bangali?

gladiator
January 25, 2005, 07:44 PM
that sounds like a hindu name

cisco-guy
January 25, 2005, 08:08 PM
I don't understand why you folks are not taking this one seriously. Does it matter whether the girl is a Hindu, Moslem, Jewish, Cristian or whatever? If Shoib Akhter is responsible then he needs to be dealt with. At this point, the verdict has not been given.

Fazal
January 25, 2005, 09:59 PM
Relax! No one officially accused anyone and no one is officially accused ofyet.

Ameer
January 25, 2005, 11:06 PM
I don't know why Shoaib Akhtar is being brought up. It's pretty shameful to start blaming someone over something that probably is fabricated to begin with.

gladiator
January 26, 2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by cisco-guy
I don't understand why you folks are not taking this one seriously. Does it matter whether the girl is a Hindu, Moslem, Jewish, Cristian or whatever? If Shoib Akhter is responsible then he needs to be dealt with. At this point, the verdict has not been given.

First of all we dont know such thing happed.
If it did, it wasnt a rape anyway, it was 2 ppl who had sex.
And for all we know, this could be a plot to demoralise the visiting team as always happens in australia.
And anyways it has already been declared asa hoax.
So ppl shud quit pointing at shoaib akhtar.

OH and BTW it wasnt a rape case from the beggining. Woolmer has said that first they said rape, then they backed down to sexual harrasment and now they are saying forget about it. PCB is going to file a case against them soon.

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 2:40 PM GMT, by gladiator.

chinaman
January 26, 2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by tehsin
Let's not discuss it at all. There was another thread opened and the discussion was going nowhere and 'everywhere' - if you know what I mean.

Thanks for understanding.

Since some of you decided not to respect the above request, I'll make one last request not to continue the discussion of the thread any further. Thank you very much for your co-operation.

tiger_man
February 4, 2005, 02:38 AM
cant discuss anything exciting in this website.....no one is swearing here or fighting so wats the big fuss???