PDA

View Full Version : Zimbabwe rebel players negotiating for comeback.

Ahmed_B
January 22, 2005, 12:55 PM
:umm:Some significant players who declined from ZIM team are thinking of coming back.. namely: Heath Streak, Stuart Carlisle, Trevor Gripper, Craig Wishart, Ray Price, Andy Blignaut and Neil Ferreira

BBC Reports (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4197467.stm)

Spitfire_x86
January 22, 2005, 01:37 PM
Bad news for us.

Sham
January 22, 2005, 01:58 PM
They should all come back. Its better for world cricket when world class players like Streak play rather than when they don't because of politics.

As for us, Zimbabwe with the rebels in the side is still weaker than any other side in Test cricket, so after beating this Zimb side, our next target ought to be to beat a full strength Zimbabwe. The gulf between the current Zimb side and the rest of the Test sides is huge and that doesn't really help us much in the long-run. It was important this time because we needed to give our confidence a boost. But our next target ought to be to compete with the better sides and having a full strength Zimbs is good, gives us another rung on the ladder to climb before moving on to the big boys.

shujan
January 23, 2005, 02:31 AM
I think it is good for cricket. If they come back all the tier talk will stop.

bourny3
January 23, 2005, 02:54 AM
Good news we beat them to get our first win. Now we can get confidence and beat there first team.

Hasib
January 23, 2005, 05:16 AM
one point is only last year we beat their full strenght team, so we are capable of overcoming this as well.

Darkwarrior
January 23, 2005, 07:25 AM
Zimbabwe will no doubt be stronger now . and i think bangladesh will be more tested

amra_korbo_joy
January 23, 2005, 12:19 PM
We are forgetting that we are much better team by commming back of Mortoza
and strong man Enamul.
If World Class batsman Ashraful is consistent then we can win more tests.

Ahmed_B
January 23, 2005, 12:41 PM
Good thing is that ... since our last series with the previous ZIM team.. BD team has grown in maturity, experience, team spirit and probably more importantly the Tigers have had a taste of Real Blood i. e. considerable wins & fighting performances!! ;)

No doubt with the senior players coming back.. ZIM will become tougher teams.. but this is not the same old BD team anymore.. they r lil bit more 'Grown-ups'... so it would really be a test for the future old-look ZIM team as well.. whenever they play vs. BD..

I am optimistic. :)

Dhakablues
January 23, 2005, 01:04 PM
Dude,, we beat India in recent times lost to this Zim side for 22 runs and Bashars inexpererience for time by not allowing the fast bowlers to bowl their quota,,, not to mention key players absense. Full side Zim is better for us as then we can truely say that we beat Zim,,, not the 'weakend' Zim U23 team. Like Pepsi says

" one down, nine more to go,, dare to dream?

Orpheus
January 23, 2005, 03:34 PM
Like Pepsi says

" one down, nine more to go,, dare to dream?

Shouldn't that be 8 more to go..... ?

dancin in the rain
January 23, 2005, 03:59 PM
Thats a good news. I would love to see the zim in full strength. I do believe that Bangladesh is capable to win against their full strength team. So it would be nice to see all of them back in action!!!!

dancin in the rain