PDA

View Full Version : Cricinfo complaint seems to have worked

DJ Sahastra
January 24, 2005, 01:57 AM
I had complained to Cricinfo and had suggested that ONLY BD writers/columnist write articles about BD and non-BD people keep off to respect the sensibilities of the BD fans.

Seems the complaint has worked. Rabeed Imam has been writing the bulletin.

Maybe there is no other BD writer and that could explain the missing commetary. Not sure if that's good, but feels lot better than being accused of anti-BD stance.

bdmoderator
January 24, 2005, 05:02 AM
Thanks DJ Sahastra for your complain to CricInfo.com

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 06:34 AM
n00000000000000000, what have you done!!!!! :E

We need a quality Deelip Premanchandan style bashing once in a while, otherwise our players can't perform.

cricketfan
January 24, 2005, 08:07 AM
Looks like cricinfo writers were following what laathiwala always recommends for BD players ( laathi mara dorkar). Without the fear of laathi from cricinfo, BD batsmen are not performing against the Zimbabwe in ODIs.:embaressed:

AsifTheManRahman
January 24, 2005, 09:41 AM
yeah i'd love to see them bash us now

arafath79
January 24, 2005, 09:43 AM
Well done DJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :great:

arafath79
January 24, 2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by cricketfan
Looks like cricinfo writers were following what laathiwala always recommends for BD players ( laathi mara dorkar). Without the fear of laathi from cricinfo, BD batsmen are not performing against the Zimbabwe in ODIs.:embaressed:

Bd playerra j goru khaoa khaiche tate r perform korba ki???!!!! Khaia kul paitachena shalara!!!! :E

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 09:50 AM
Amar mone hoy, 1st match ta harsilo goru kinar chintay......ar 2nd match ta harlo goru khaia hozom na hoai.

AsifTheManRahman
January 24, 2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Amar mone hoy, 1st match ta harsilo goru kinar chintay......ar 2nd match ta harlo goru khaia hozom na hoai.

hmm...thiki bolsen...r 2nd odi jodi goru khaya hojom na howar karonei haira thake, taile shudhu 2nd ta na...3rd...4th...5th...6th....100th odi o harbo...karon bangladeshe eid er gosto ek bochoreo shesh hoy na

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
hmm...thiki bolsen...r 2nd odi jodi goru khaya hojom na howar karonei haira thake, taile shudhu 2nd ta na...3rd...4th...5th...6th....100th odi o harbo...karon bangladeshe eid er gosto ek bochoreo shesh hoy na
LOL :lol:

All of them probably bought big bulls, since they had good ammount of money after winning the test series, and everybody has good big freezers in their home to store beef till next Eid.

akabir77
January 24, 2005, 01:13 PM
I heard some local MP Hijacked Rafiqs Goru too, Cause it was smarter then him ....:pig:

al
January 24, 2005, 01:17 PM
ball by ball commentary is missing. this is not good. no matter how tilted thier reporting is, but they were providing a service to the cricket lovers in general. i hope, ball by ball score and commnetary is back

Fazal
January 24, 2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
I had complained to Cricinfo and had suggested that ONLY BD writers/columnist write articles about BD and non-BD people keep off to respect the sensibilities of the BD fans.

Seems the complaint has worked. Rabeed Imam has been writing the bulletin.

Maybe there is no other BD writer and that could explain the missing commetary. Not sure if that's good, but feels lot better than being accused of anti-BD stance.

So you are the one with the 'magic' touch.
Now can you do your magic with the BD team also?

Pleeeaaaasssee !!

DotBall
January 24, 2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by al
ball by ball commentary is missing. this is not good. no matter how tilted thier reporting is, but they were providing a service to the cricket lovers in general. i hope, ball by ball score and commnetary is back

Well said.

I hope this is not the unwanted result from the REQUEST to cricinfo.
We need criticism (good and bad) as long as it is not a lie. Just because we (the fan) are sensetive doesn't mean no one but bangladeshi writer can write about BD cricket.
Frankly I would be quite surprised if cricinfo is really going to change things just with 1 complaint.
:down:

DJ Sahastra
January 24, 2005, 03:02 PM
I think they are trying to get some Bangla Guy for the commentary.

Or maybe they were just short of staff yesterday.

Obviously, Rabeed Imam is too professional a journalist to give a running commentary.