PDA

View Full Version : Only Rafiq (the superman) can save us

pagol-chagol
January 24, 2005, 08:21 AM
Any doubts about who is the engine of this team?

Here comes the superman!

I would also bring Rokon back for this series. Its time.

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 1:21 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 1:23 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

PoorFan
January 24, 2005, 08:32 AM
It's BD team itself making us loser, Our tail will not save or win us everytime!
Why not! try on Rokon in place of Rana or Alok. He deserve a chance like Alok and Rana.

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 08:42 AM
Rafique couldn't save us in this match. He rarely can stop flow of runs when bowling at slog overs. And in batting, I'm 99.99999999999999% sure that today he would get out near boundary rope while trying to hit a six.

Bowling is not the reason for our defeat. 251 and 237 was very chaseable target, with or without Rafique.

Why not! try on Rokon in place of Rana or Alok. He deserve a chance like Alok and Rana.
Rokon is a proven loser. Tushar/Alok recently proved themselves loser. Manja Rana was always a loser like Mushfique.

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 1:42 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

pagol-chagol
January 24, 2005, 08:53 AM
Rafiq would have take early wickets which would have cripled them and got them out before 50 overs. No slogging at the end.

Also, before getting caught at the boundary you just mentioned he would have scored a lot of boundaries. For referance, look at the test scorecards.

Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Rafique couldn't save us in this match. He rarely can stop flow of runs when bowling at slog overs. And in batting, I'm 99.99999999999999% sure that today he would get out near boundary rope while trying to hit a six.

Bowling is not the reason for our defeat. 251 and 237 was very chaseable target, with or without Rafique.

Rokon is a proven loser. Tushar/Alok recently proved themselves loser. Manja Rana was always a loser like Mushfique.

Cricket46
January 24, 2005, 09:12 AM
I know everyone here is depressed after two successive losses in ODIs. In the first one we may not have played our strongest suit, but what about the second one! Except for Rafiq, this was about the best that we had. Rafiq can be injured once in a while. So what went wrong? First, like many have said, we are not much better that the current Zimbabwe team as far as ODI goes. If we are slightly better in potential they offset that with a professional display. I still think we can go ahead and win the next three, but it is also possible that we might lose all three. All that I am saying is that there is not much difference in the two teams. Somehow we are not clicking as a team. Some have said that the toss plays an important part. May be it does, but that cannot be an excuse. There was nothing extraordinary in the pitch or the bowling.

One problem that seems to have been resolved is that we are getting a fairly decent start. No more 50 for 4 stuff. A new problem is that we are getting terribly bogged down in the middle 10-15 overs. In this second ODI while Bashar and Nafis were going on we had a good chance of winning. Suddenly both of them are out and Ashraful and Rana find it very hard to maintain the pace. Something is wrong with Ashraful. I cannot say that he is not trying, but he has never quite performed after that innings of 158* against India in the test. The fact that Aftab is a also not amongst runs is not helping our cause.

We will be better off when Rafiq returns, but cricket is a team game. We should be able to beat Zimbabwe with or without Rafiq. If not, then we are simply not good enough. I hope that the selectors do not bring in a not-so-fit Rafiq for the 3rd ODI. Remember that Rafiq is also under tremendous personal stress with all his shops burnt and what not. I hope we play the same XI for the 3rd ODI and then see what happens.

nasifkhan
January 24, 2005, 09:27 AM
Even if BD fields 22 players ...BD will lose....

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Rafiq would have take early wickets which would have cripled them and got them out before 50 overs. No slogging at the end.

Also, before getting caught at the boundary you just mentioned he would have scored a lot of boundaries. For referance, look at the test scorecards.
I think Enamul did the wicket taking job very well. It wouldn't be so easy for Rafique to get Taylor, Taibu, Chigumbura cheaply, they already proved that they are better than other Zimbo batsmen.

And for batting, this is not Test. He could leave or defend good balls in Test. And unlike Test, in ODI he would find 5 fielders near boundary right from the start of his innings. And Ashraful's irresponsible batting would force him to go after every ball, since required run rate would become higher than 6 per over.

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 2:44 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

Ahmed_B
January 24, 2005, 09:51 AM
Learn to win without Rafiq.. when there is still time!
Coz...someday he will have to retire... and we will have to liv without the Superman!

arafath79
January 24, 2005, 09:53 AM
There is no guaranty that Bd will win if Rafique plays........!!!!:rolleyes:

arafath79
January 24, 2005, 09:54 AM
The main point is lossing the toss!!!! Bd will win if they bat first.:fanflag:

reverse_swing
January 24, 2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by arafath79

spot on.

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 09:57 AM
If toss is the only deciding factor of the match, then both captains should just toss 5 times instead of playing 5 matches and save us from trouble of watching the games. :down:

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 2:57 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

jewel05
January 24, 2005, 10:48 AM

jewel05
January 24, 2005, 10:49 AM

RAFIQUE IS

amin
January 24, 2005, 10:49 AM
If toss is the only deciding factor of the match, then both captains should just toss 5 times instead of playing 5 matches and save us from trouble of watching the games. :down:

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 2:57 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
good logic:lol

jewel05
January 24, 2005, 10:50 AM
RAFIQUE IS

AsifTheManRahman
January 24, 2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by jewel05
RAFIQUE IS

what do you mean? :umm: