PDA

View Full Version : Should we play Rokon in rest of the ODI series?

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 12:36 PM
I think he's had enough chance.

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 5:41 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

pagol-chagol
January 24, 2005, 12:47 PM
Based on our players' performances against Zim he deserves it as much as anyone.

Don't forget he was the highest desi run scorer in Bangladeshi Cricket League and his team was also the champion (no small feat for a rookie team with no infrastructure).

He has done everything possible and deserves a recall.

Zim players have seen his power and are intimidated by him. After what has happened we need that mental edge for the next game.

Spitfire_x86
January 24, 2005, 12:53 PM
He shares the common problem of all BD batsmen. He can't play well paced innings.

His wild adventurous style batting is often suitable against weak bowling attacks of premier league. Sometimes he can get away in practice matches.

He showed us too many times that he's a proven failure in the big shows.

yaseer
January 24, 2005, 12:54 PM
we need rokon in place of aftab

bdmoderator
January 24, 2005, 12:56 PM
He could be replaced by Aftab.

Fazal
January 24, 2005, 02:35 PM
:up:

What we have to loose if we fail? Just add another defeat in the already filled-up bucket.
But atleast we will be consistent and fair with our selection process.

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 7:56 PM GMT, by Fazal.

reyme
January 24, 2005, 05:54 PM
Might or might not work. But at least he will have an opportunity to justify his century against ZIM in the practice match.

Personally I think he will do better than Aftab. Aftab is great, just not clicking against ZIM.

amin
January 24, 2005, 06:14 PM
second top scorer in cricket league, top scorer among bangladeshi batsmen, perform and save bangladesh from adjectly the same team of gimbabwe, what else he needs to show, what he did before did same all other batsmen in bangladesh, he creates recently strong demand for a place in bangladesh team for shake of bangladesh.

shapnil
January 24, 2005, 08:52 PM
rokon should be recalled, he is the top scorer of our league.

bourny3
January 24, 2005, 11:55 PM
The only player that he can replace is aftab. But aftab will lose confidence if this happens.

PoorFan
January 25, 2005, 12:10 AM
He fairly deserves a recall.
If the team not lose 2-0 against Zimbabwe then there was no need of call him back.
Since our middle order fails very cheap, we need a pinch hitter like Rokon.
Besides Alok, Rana got a chance, why not him?
Atleast he has done his part well to get a recall.
I shall prefer Rokon in place of Rana, not in place of Aftab.

cricketfan
January 25, 2005, 12:42 AM
Is he better than the players who are in the team.Who knows, his performance once he finds a place in the ODI team may turn out to be no better than that of the others.

rafiq
January 25, 2005, 12:50 AM
I think we should play Spitfire_x86!!:wow:

Spitfire_x86
January 25, 2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by rafiq
yeah, like Rokon I will be able to make no contribution to the team

Flip Master Mick
January 25, 2005, 01:59 AM
we should try anything at this moment... allowing rokon a spot doesn't necessarily mean his place becomes permanent. During a home series the home team can and should try out all their options especially in the ODIs. We the fans here have this fear that if we allow a player in then he becomes permanent resulting in him becoming complacent and so on and so forth. If Rokon is to come in on wednesday i am sure his comeback will be a one off opportuninty. Only if he performance will he be used again for the 4th ODI. You catch my drift?

akabir77
January 25, 2005, 08:39 AM
i didn't get this "Fans here have this fear"

What fear? if he scores and make runs who cares which plyr it is? Every fan will love it and back it up but the question is how we select a plyr for a game... and scoring in 1/2 warmup match is good enough or not????

By the way tthe way aftab is playing i don't see any problem now giving him a chance in next 2 games(game 3 and 4).....I am confident that he will score more than 11 (as he will do good when bd has no point of winning after todays game ...)

ranar
January 25, 2005, 09:29 AM
no more hanki panki, I just want to see rokon in the team, because at the moment he is the best batsman that can possiblly save us from zimbabwe. we don't but zimbabwe know what rokon can do to them.

Fazal
January 25, 2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Originally posted by rafiq
yeah, like Rokon I will be able to make no contribution to the team

As if the others are making any significant contribution. Without giving a chance we started predicting that Rokon will make no contribution. Hmmm... a future 'fortune teller'.

Kesto Betai Chor... Rokon is our 'kesto'.

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 2:53 PM GMT, by Fazal.

oracle
January 25, 2005, 09:58 AM
at least one ODI game should be given to him. I would say the last match when a win or loss would be inconsequential.

mahbubH
January 25, 2005, 10:00 AM
We fan are not short of ideas :lol: Few weeks back we were making noise for Alok and now Rokon ... a continuous process ... :lol:

Spitfire_x86
January 25, 2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
Kesto Betai Chor... Rokon is our 'kesto'.
I can safely say that Rokon didn't become "kesto" overnight, and only he's responsible for becoming "kesto"

Spitfire_x86
January 25, 2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
We fan are not short of ideas :lol: Few weeks back we were making noise for Alok and now Rokon ... a continuous process ... :lol:
Our selectors have even more ideas, don't forget the "Shanto" thing :lol:

Sam
January 25, 2005, 12:04 PM
I think he deserves a call at least for one match first and if successful for the rest. He can replace Aftab for the first match. He deserves because he did well against Zim in practice match and at the same time he is the top Bangladeshi run-getter in the GDP League.

Pagla_Baba
January 26, 2005, 09:42 PM
I think the current combination is doin good. I mean the combination of the 13 members. Rokon might be back but I wud go for Tushar. He didn't have enough chance like rokon did