PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Rules Help

crazyisland
January 24, 2005, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know the answers for the following rules questions:

1. Is a bolwer allowed to bowl with his cap / hat on?

2. If the batsman has objection with the bowler bowling with the cap on - does the bowlers must take the cap off?

I know bowling wearing sunglasses is permitted and batsmen can't object to that. But I have seen (in local matches) batsmen object to bowler's wearing caps and the umpire asked the bowler to take the cap off.

Any reference to your answer would be great.

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 7:48 PM GMT, by crazyisland.

AsifTheManRahman
January 24, 2005, 02:42 PM
i think it's allowed. i've watched viv richards bowl with a cap on in a masters cup comprtition. however, the rules at that competition used to be relaxed.

mahbubH
January 25, 2005, 01:06 AM
Australian off spinner Greg Mathews (spell?) always bowls with a cap on! (in test and ODI matches).

Darkwarrior
January 25, 2005, 06:20 AM
i have seen chris harris bowl with his cap on

Mr-khan
January 25, 2005, 06:41 AM
I have seen Mark wagh.

ialbd
January 25, 2005, 03:15 PM
Yea I have seen lot of people bowling with their cap/hat on, but as far as I know the batsman gets the preference, i.e the bowler has to take the cap off if the batsman finds that distracting.

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 8:16 PM GMT, by ialbd.
________
Bmw Headquarters History (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_Headquarters)

akabir77
January 25, 2005, 03:53 PM
I know some yrs ago when mark wagh ask ambrose to take off his hand watch as it was reflecting in his eyes he got very angry and i think he single handedly destroyed aussis in the test match.... so even if batsman have the power one has to be wise to see when is benift to use it :D