PDA

View Full Version : What should be the 3rd ODI playing XI?

Kazi Maruf
January 24, 2005, 10:44 PM
After loosing first consecutive 2 ODIs, BD would better bring some new blood in the squad who will be in less pressure. BD should consider to reorganize the squad for the remaining 3 ODIs. I believe Rafiq is now able to play again after having a rest of few days and he should be called if physical (although we know he is mentally disturbed now with his market business) condition permits. Otherwise, Chacha/Rana will be in his place.

I think it would be nice if we call Tushar and Rokon in the middle orders where we are mostly missing. Both of them showed great performance with their 100s against Zimbabwe in the preparation tour match. They may have a psychological win over the Zimbabweans for their tons like that of Enamul in bowling.

So the best squad for 3rd ODI:

1. Rajin
2. Nafis
3. Bashar
4. Ashraful
5. Tushar
6. Rokon
7. Masud
8. Rafiq
9. Mashrafee
10. Taposh
11. Enamul

We would have a long batting with some pinch hitter at the tail through 8-10. We have pace with genuine Mashrafee & Taposh, spin with Rafiq & Enamul and remaining 10 overs to be shared among Rajin, Ashraf & Tushar.

If we bat first, we should follow the above order unless we have huge wickets in hand at the 3rd quoter of the innings so that we can call the pinch hitter earlier for increasing RR.

If we bat later with a heavy RR load, we should give our pinch hitter to bat in advance so that they can utilize their capabilities to reduce the RRR. If they come in their original order when the team is already in trouble, we have seen that they can not perform as per expectation in pressure and I would say it is natural.

12. Aftab - for his fielding

shaheen
January 24, 2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Kazi Maruf
After loosing first consecutive 2 ODIs, BD would better bring some new blood in the squad who will be in less pressure. BD should consider to reorganize the squad for the remaining 3 ODIs. I believe Rafiq is now able to play again after having a rest of few days and he should be called if physical (although we know he is mentally disturbed now with his market business) condition permits. Otherwise, Chacha/Rana will be in his place.

I think it would be nice if we call Tushar and Rokon in the middle orders where we are mostly missing. Both of them showed great performance with their 100s against Zimbabwe in the preparation tour match. They may have a psychological win over the Zimbabweans for their tons like that of Enamul in bowling.

So the best squad for 3rd ODI:

1. Rajin
2. Nafis
3. Bashar
4. Ashraful
5. Tushar
6. Rokon
7. Masud
8. Rafiq
9. Mashrafee
10. Taposh
11. Enamul

We would have a long batting with some pinch hitter at the tail through 8-10. We have pace with genuine Mashrafee & Taposh, spin with Rafiq & Enamul and remaining 10 overs to be shared among Rajin, Ashraf & Tushar.

If we bat first, we should follow the above order unless we have huge wickets in hand at the 3rd quoter of the innings so that we can call the pinch hitter earlier for increasing RR.

If we bat later with a heavy RR load, we should give our pinch hitter to bat in advance so that they can utilize their capabilities to reduce the RRR. If they come in their original order when the team is already in trouble, we have seen that they can not perform as per expectation in pressure and I would say it is natural.

12. Aftab - for his fielding

I totally agree with this Team Combo

Only one thing i need to consider who will be the 5th bowler?
Can Rajin and Ash Handle to bowl all 10 overs?
If the pitch does not give anything to the spinners. If that is the case then Chacha can be a good optin in place of Tushar. I know lot of ppl may disagree with me about chacha but one thing I can not disagree that Chacha's experience really means a lot to the team. he is always good when break through needed. So bring chacha only when necessary but not at the slog overs. But if management think that pitch will favour spinners then Maruf's combo is the best available combo now. I beleive it will a 3-2 series win in BD's favour.

amin
January 24, 2005, 11:00 PM
good, not a bad idea.

bourny3
January 25, 2005, 12:05 AM
1. Nafis
2. Rajin
3. Rafique
4. Ash
5. Bashar
6. Aftab
7. Mashud
8. Rana
9. Mashrafe
10.Tapash
11. Nazmul

shaheen
January 25, 2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by bourny3
1. Nafis
2. Rajin
3. Rafique
4. Ash
5. Bashar
6. Aftab
7. Mashud
8. Rana
9. Mashrafe
10.Tapash
11. Nazmul

Why drop Enamul Jnr and include Rana here?? Do u think Rana bowls better then Enamul? We do not need Nazmul where Masri and Taposh are on. And on the otherhand Afatb may also bowl medium pace. So I think Take Enamul Jnr in Place of Rana and Take Chacha in place of Nazmul. Both Rafique and Enamul can control the run flood and chacha can get some wkts and at arround 20+ runs.