PDA

View Full Version : 2nd ODI: 6 Sixes: What is wrong with Mashrafee?

fwullah
January 25, 2005, 03:17 AM
I haven't seen the 2nd ODI on TV much (went home on Eid vacation) but wasn't Mashrafee hit for a six off his last over (50th over of the match)?

Also, among those 6 sixes, how many were scored against which bowlers? I hope Mashrafee was not hit for a six twice?

It is possible to get smashed for a few sixes off the bowling of spinners in those last 10 overs, so that's why I'm asking how many of those 6s were hit off pacers?

I'm also disappointed that Mashrafee hasn't yet learnt to bowl in the slog overs, rather, he's more intent on his batting.

I'm also disappointed in the team as nobody had seemed to teach Mashrafee as to what to bowl and not to bowl in the slog overs.

If you had seen the test series, you'd know that Rafique had helped Enamul Junior in taking all those wickets - just by guiding him, or talking him through after each over or each 2nd or 3rd over.

Ahmed_B
January 25, 2005, 05:01 AM
Unfortunately... we do not have any senior Pace bowlers in the team who r genuin fast bowlers who can guide our young ones like Masree/Tapash/Nazmul/A.Kabir/Shahadat/T.Aziz or anyone about how to handle pressure situations..

Chacha is senior.. but he is a medium pacer... understandably not capable of guiding faster bowlers..

Our pacers perform and learn all by themselves.. and from that point..Tapash is the best learner IMO.. he has matured up very well with time..

Masree will also... I hope.
Besides... BCB should also start thinking about getting a reknowned Fast-bowling-coach.

mahbubH
January 25, 2005, 05:45 AM
Unfortunately... we do not have any senior Pace bowlers in the team who r genuin fast bowlers who can guide our young ones like Masree/Tapash/Nazmul/A.Kabir/Shahadat/T.Aziz or anyone about how to handle pressure situations..

Chacha is senior.. but he is a medium pacer... understandably not capable of guiding faster bowlers..

So the problem is lack of genuine experinced fast bolwer who could guide our inexperinced Mashrafee (15 tests, 16 ODIs), Taposh (20 tests, 45 ODIs) etc. I am not big fan of this theory. Look at this Zimbabwe team ... they have something (not experience) that we do not have. WIsh I know what is that ? I am sure they want to win more than us!! And Taibu is more intellegent "cricket-wise" than our heros!! I always feel our cricketers lack common cricket sense .... e.g. when we need 6 per over they try to clear the rope!

fwullah
January 25, 2005, 10:33 AM
Both Sujon and especially Tapash are very experienced.

Mashrafee (15 tests, 16 ODIs), Taposh (20 tests, 45 ODIs)

If Sujon is not there because of not being a genuine fast bowler (which I disagree - not on the fact that he's a genuine fast bowler, but on the fact that a player doesn't need to be a genuine fast bowler to guide youngsters); Tapash is always there - with vast amount of experience under his belt.

Then why isn't Tapash going to Mashrafee and sharing his experience? Mashrafee after all, has played only 16, compared to Tapash's 45!

I may be wrong as I couldn't watch the 2nd match, can anyone answer me who have watched both the games continuously on TV?

Spitfire_x86
January 25, 2005, 10:35 AM
Bowling in the slog overs were always a big problem for all BD bowlers. Seems that our team management overlooked this problem and now paying the price for it dearly.