PDA

View Full Version : Need info about Farhad Reza

arafath79
January 25, 2005, 09:02 AM
Farhad Reza of Young Pegasus is the most wicket takers in the green delta premier cricket league match. How tall is he ?? Does he has got good pace with the ball???? Can any one upload his pictures?? I am surprised to see Tareque Aziz is the second most wicket takers as a third class bowler!!!! How many wickets Sharif has got????

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 3:31 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: Title

Ahmed_B
January 25, 2005, 09:16 AM
:duh:
maaaan!.. u r so excited!
u wasted 4 '!'s on premier league wicket taker... lol

I thought he has broken some world record or something! ;)

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by arafath79
I am surprised to see Tareque Aziz is the second most wicket takers as a third class bowler!!!!

that explains how much we gotta work on our domestic cricket

fwullah
January 25, 2005, 09:59 AM
Talking about Tareq Aziz, I was thinking of including Tareq Aziz in place of Mashrafee yesterday (when I was in a terribly bad mood after the match).

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
Talking about Tareq Aziz, I was thinking of including Tareq Aziz in place of Mashrafee yesterday (when I was in a terribly bad mood after the match).

are u ok now?

Fazal
January 25, 2005, 10:15 AM
The name 'Farhad Reza' sound appealing to me.

'Tarek Aziz' ? Yikes....Reminds me of the ex-foreign minister of Iraq! Not attractive at all.

So 'Tarek Aziz' was the 2nd highest taker in domestic league and still people hate him? If you ask them, they will say "weak domestic league'.

Now the question is then what prevented Sharif, Shafaq, Jubair, and the so called our first hand fast bowler to capture more wickets? Is it when they bowl the league suddenly change from weak to strong temporarily?

Oh.... Now I get it.... just one thinkgto say to poor 'Tarek Aziz' and 'Rokon'.. you guys better give up playing cricket, there is no hope for you guys!

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 3:34 PM GMT, by Fazal.

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2005, 10:18 AM
doing well in domestic cricket in bangladesh never proves anything - at least that's what i believe. to be in the side, a player has to perform well as a member of the U-19 and A teams on a consistent basis, be it sharif or rokon or talha or jahirul or samedul or whoever

Spitfire_x86
January 25, 2005, 10:26 AM
Anybody still remembers Faisal Hossain? He did well in the domestic cricket, got chance in the national team and failed miserably in all international matches.

Fazal
January 25, 2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
doing well in domestic cricket in bangladesh never proves anything - at least that's what i believe. to be in the side, a player has to perform well as a member of the U-19 and A teams on a consistent basis, be it sharif or rokon or talha or jahirul or samedul or whoever

manlam.

Then how people get a chance to team-a and national team without outstanding performance in domestic league? If we think domestic league is soo worthless and it doesn't and shouldn't count for anything (just bypass the domestic league performance) then why do we need the domestic league at all? Thats the real question. Eliminating the 'domestic league' will atleast ease the pressure from the selectors and they can justfy any player's inclusion based on technique and potential only.

So we (some of us), the troublemaker fans, will have less chance to question selector's selection. And Alok, Hannan, Aftab, Ash, Javed can continue serving the nation without any fear of being sacked!

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 3:32 PM GMT, by Fazal.

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Fazal

manlam.

Then how people get a chance to team-a and national team without outstanding performance in domestic league? If we think domestic league is soo worthless and it doesn't and shouldn't count for anything (just bypass the domestic league performance) then why do we need the domestic league at all? Thats the real question. Eliminating the 'domestic league' will atleast ease the pressure from the selectors and they can justfy any player's inclusion based on technique and potential only.

So we (some of us), the troublemaker fans, will have less chance to question selector's selection. And Alok, Hannan, Aftab, Ash, Javed can continue serving the nation without any fear of being sacked!

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 3:32 PM GMT, by Fazal.

domestic league is important because doing well in the domestic league should ensure a place in the U-19 and A teams: not the national team though.

"Then how people get a chance to team-a and national team without outstanding performance in domestic league?"

--well, like i said, it's not enough to get into the national team, but should be enough to get into the U-19 and A teams.

Mueid
January 25, 2005, 10:38 AM
lol...tomoros match can make it worse instead of alleviating fwallah's bad modd.

Mueid
January 25, 2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Anybody still remembers Faisal Hossain? He did well in the domestic cricket, got chance in the national team and failed miserably in all international matches.
i was also thinking of this guy.. where is he gone? did we lose him foreva? wasnt a wise decision to include him in the national team so soon. so many people from this forum wanted him in the team and i was also sadly one of them. guess that guy lost his confidence now and we lost another great batsman to be

Sam
January 25, 2005, 10:43 AM
Tareq might have improved his performance. Let's look forward for the National League.

Fazal
January 25, 2005, 10:44 AM

"Then how people get a chance to team-a and national team without outstanding performance in domestic league?"

--well, like i said, it's not enough to get into the national team, but should be enough to get into the U-19 and A teams.

Then the next question is how Alok and Shanto(?? the bowler from DOHS), gets a chance to National team without playing in U-19 and A? And Shanto(??) was not even the top two wicket taker in the league!

The other question is except for few exclusive players (who already established themselves in the team like Bashar, Rafique, Pilot, etc) what is the result of the rest of the team members in the domestic league? Shouldn't the result of the domestic league be used as a indicator of their current form? To me, the national team is not the place to baby-sit gifted & talented, its a place for people who can produce.

Spitfire_x86
January 25, 2005, 10:47 AM
I think losing Opi is the greatest loss for BD cricket so far. IMO, he's still the best batsman BD ever produed.

One of my friends told me that he smokes "ganja" nowdays. Is it really true? I'm curious to know exactly what happened to him.

Fazal
January 25, 2005, 10:50 AM
"ganja" is less harmful than Alcohol, 'Biri', Hukka and some cigerettes.

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 3:53 PM GMT, by Fazal.

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Fazal

Then the next question is how Alok and Shanto(?? the bowler from DOHS), gets a chance to National team without playing in U-19 and A? And Shanto(??) was not even the top two wicket taker in the league!

The other question is except for few exclusive players (who already established themselves in the team like Bashar, Rafique, Pilot, etc) what is the result of the rest of the team members in the domestic league? Shouldn't the result of the domestic league be used as a indicator of their current form? To me, the national team is not the place to baby-sit gifted & talented, its a place for people who can produce.

the inclusions of alok and shanto were big mistakes on the part of the selectors.

the answer to most of your questions lies in the results we are producing in the international arena. the selection process was and is faulty, and will remain so unless our selectors use their brain a bit more. players were selected on the basis of domestic league performances in the past, and although that yielded a couple of gems like bashar, rafique, etc., it also resulted in the loss of similar or even better talents due to the lack of proper nurturing of those talents. we have made mistakes in the past, and have paid for them. we cannot afford to continue making the same mistakes. the trend of including players in the national team based on performances in a weak domestic competition should stop at some point. an extraordinary performance in the dhaka league should only result in a ticket to the A team - which will not only ensure we don't lose our talents forever, but also enable us to avoid some blushes in the international arena.

domestic cricket and selection process are the criteria which will, for a long time to come, cause countries like bangladesh and pakistan to perform inconsistently and lose a lot of their talents, and enable countries like australia to field a B side and still rule the cricketing world.

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2005, 11:03 AM
btw cricinfo has nothing on farhad reza - looks like he started playing very recently.

jeesh
January 25, 2005, 11:42 AM
Not just Faisal Hossain! Remember Md Moniruzzaman. The guy was amongst the runs for several seasons. But at the international stage he was a waste of time. Jamal Babu is another example. All this really proves a cricketer's route to the main team is via Under 19's and A Team. At this stage the selectors wont really choose the other means.

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2005, 11:44 AM
Sajjad Hossain: Raquibul's son

mahbubH
January 25, 2005, 11:46 AM
btw cricinfo has nothing on farhad reza - looks like he started playing very recently.

Cricinfo has info only those who played international cricket or the national league. This may be really a new .... I know he plays for Young Pegasus and scored some runs too! Don't know whether he is a pacer or spinner, is a chucker or not?

mahbubH
January 25, 2005, 11:47 AM

Sajid Hassan is Raqibul's son. There are few Sajjad Hossains ... one of them is Shipon who plays for BD in ODI against Zimbo when Mohinder Amarnath was coach.

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 4:48 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

sadi
January 25, 2005, 01:16 PM
sajid hassan plays in ny cricket league now...i played with him last yr....i dunno whether he lost his touch or this is how he plays...but didnt look like a great player even though he managed to score some runs...

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2005, 01:19 PM
sajid hassan....my bad :embaressed:

akabir77
January 25, 2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Mueid
wasnt a wise decision to include him in the national team so soon. so many people from this forum wanted him in the team and i was also sadly one of them. guess that guy lost his confidence now and we lost another great batsman to be

So SOON!!!! he was 32 or something when he played his 1st ODI... He had poor footwork. And this time as the pitch was green we don't hear from him at all...

Pagla_Baba
January 26, 2005, 06:46 AM
hey wheres the TALK on FARHAD REZA???????????????!!!!

bdboy
January 26, 2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd

Sajid Hassan is Raqibul's son. There are few Sajjad Hossains ... one of them is Shipon who plays for BD in ODI against Zimbo when Mohinder Amarnath was coach.

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 4:48 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

Not Sajjad Hossain Shipon......... it was Sajjad Ahamed Shipon

mahbubH
January 26, 2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by bdboy
[Not Sajjad Hossain Shipon......... it was Sajjad Ahamed Shipon

You are right!