PDA

View Full Version : Leave them out of Nat'l squad for now

howzatt!
January 25, 2005, 11:47 AM
in forums and chatrooms, speically when BD does bad, ppl start screaming how selectors should pick young talents like shafaq al jabr, nafees ahmed, shahadat hossain, shamsur rahman in nat'l team. they sure are our future. I hope they'll rock the cricketing world in years to come, but i honestly don't think its time for them to play in nat'l squad yet. they have talents, but their talents need to nurtured and they need to be made matured enough before giving them a chance in nat'l squad. otherwise their talents will just go down the drain and they'll disappoint us like aftab or ashraful. and then the same ppl that want to see them in the nat'l squad now and say how they are much better than our current players will be the ones cursing them and the selectors. in a thread about nafis iqbal someone mentioned nafis iqbal is one of the most systematically prepared players of our team and thats a reason he is learning so fast and adopting to the world class cricket. i toally agree with him. that is the main reason. nazmul and aftab eneted nat'l squad at the same time as nafis, but now ppl don't want them in the team, yet they were said to have extraordinay talents too. aftab and nazmul have talents too, its just that they didn't get as good training as nafis and are not as matured as nafis. i thinks players like shamsur rahman, nafees ahmed, shahadat rajib, shafaq... should play in BD A team for a couple of years before making an entry to the nat'l squad, that way when they do get to play for nat'l squad they will only increase our hope, make us praise them and will definately perform well and on a consistent basis. leave them in A team for now.

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2005, 11:48 AM
agreed.

sadi
January 25, 2005, 01:22 PM
right to the point. Just want to add something to that. We have to give them sometime to mature and at the sametime, should stick to the bunch we have right now. forexample, aftab, alok or nazmul. Since they are already in the scene, they should be kept in the team.

ZunaidH
January 25, 2005, 03:46 PM
Disagree with the premise that talent should be nurtured in the backyard. For heaven's sake these are not plants that need a greenhouse to grow. For humans, real talent shows when thrown into the deep end of the pool. I have seen plenty of examples of that in any means and forms of life in terms of creativity and professionalism.

In short, your assumptions are woven with fallacy. Nothin personal though "howzatt"

Bat-PadTogether
January 25, 2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by howzatt!
in forums and chatrooms, speically when BD does bad, ppl start screaming how selectors should pick young talents like shafaq al jabr, nafees ahmed, shahadat hossain, shamsur rahman in nat'l team. they sure are our future. I hope they'll rock the cricketing world in years to come, but i honestly don't think its time for them to play in nat'l squad yet. they have talents, but their talents need to nurtured and they need to be made matured enough before giving them a chance in nat'l squad. otherwise their talents will just go down the drain and they'll disappoint us like aftab or ashraful. and then the same ppl that want to see them in the nat'l squad now and say how they are much better than our current players will be the ones cursing them and the selectors. in a thread about nafis iqbal someone mentioned nafis iqbal is one of the most systematically prepared players of our team and thats a reason he is learning so fast and adopting to the world class cricket. i toally agree with him. that is the main reason. nazmul and aftab eneted nat'l squad at the same time as nafis, but now ppl don't want them in the team, yet they were said to have extraordinay talents too. aftab and nazmul have talents too, its just that they didn't get as good training as nafis and are not as matured as nafis. i thinks players like shamsur rahman, nafees ahmed, shahadat rajib, shafaq... should play in BD A team for a couple of years before making an entry to the nat'l squad, that way when they do get to play for nat'l squad they will only increase our hope, make us praise them and will definately perform well and on a consistent basis. leave them in A team for now.
I totaly agree with you.Nicely written.Good thoughts!!:up::up: