PDA

View Full Version : play 7 batsmen in 3rd odi

Sorry
January 25, 2005, 02:46 PM
Everyone knows that bd's weakest link is batting. but there has been so much criticism on our bowlers for the last odi's. even the captain has blamed bowlers for losing 2nd odi. how stupid is he? there is no need to say that if you playing at the highest level, you should be able to chase any total uder 250 to win a match. too much tinkering in the team will not help the cause at all as 11 players will never perform well at the same day. there will always be few failures. considering our batting strength we should play 7 batsmen.
my team would be:
1. rajin
2. nafis
3. bashar
4. ash
5. aftab
6. kapali
7.masud
8.mahmud
9.mashrafe
10. tapash
11.enam
teams like australia and india play 7 batsmen. what right do we have to play 6 then?

paco
January 25, 2005, 02:49 PM
I completely agree with this team. Nazmul can't bat, Rana is too slow of a batsman for ODIs and Mushfiq is worthless.

Blah
January 25, 2005, 03:05 PM
where did the captain blame the bowlers for loosing the 2nd ODI? Any referance you can provide?

Sorry
January 25, 2005, 03:09 PM
bangladesher khela

Sorry
January 25, 2005, 03:11 PM
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/

Blah
January 25, 2005, 03:12 PM
According to daily star he blamed the batsmen.
I dont get it.

Obviously he doesnt have any reason to blame the bowlers.
In both the ODIs the score was perfectly gettable, and the batsmen had the ability to chase it. If anyone is to be blamed, than it's the batsmen for their miserable showing.

The bowler did fine on a dead wicket.

Blah

bangalee
January 25, 2005, 03:25 PM
:bravo:

Keep up the blaming game.. CAPTAIN shaheb.

cracky
January 25, 2005, 03:42 PM
I DON'T agree with you at all.
Come on, even if you play 11 batsman for Banlgadesh, it will be same result. Bangladesh's batsman are worthless. All of them are overrated. No one even have the capacity to make a single century in ODI.

I would say take 8 bowlers in the team. Not only they will take wickets quickly, but also they will score more than the batsman. My recommended team is:

Nafis
Rajin
Pailot
Rafiq
Mashrafee
Enamul
Manjarul
Shujon
Tapash
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul

Believe me, these bowlers will score more than our so called batsman. :D

Fazal
January 25, 2005, 03:46 PM
Either way a recipe for suicide.

Now the argument is which one is less painful.

Mueid
January 25, 2005, 03:51 PM
he shud be blaming himself and i m sure he is doing just that inside his mind

Sorry
January 25, 2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by cracky
I DON'T agree with you at all.
Come on, even if you play 11 batsman for Banlgadesh, it will be same result. Bangladesh's batsman are worthless. All of them are overrated. No one even have the capacity to make a single century in ODI.

I would say take 8 bowlers in the team. Not only they will take wickets quickly, but also they will score more than the batsman. My recommended team is:

Nafis
Rajin
Pailot
Rafiq
Mashrafee
Enamul
Manjarul
Shujon
Tapash
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul

Believe me, these bowlers will score more than our so called batsman. :D

I understand your frustration but this is not the sensible things to do. remember we beat them in test with this batting line up. the boys are simply lacking mental toughness. I honestly believe bd would have won both odi's if they could bat first. they have serious problems with chasing. I wouldn't trust our batsmen to chase even 180

cracky
January 25, 2005, 05:42 PM
ya, banglar_dorbesh , I guess you are right. Lets hope BCB brings a psychiatrist to develop the menta fitness for the batsman. I know they are talented but we need many more innings like ashraful against India in test. That type of dominating innings changes the attitude of the whole team.

Edited on, January 25, 2005, 10:43 PM GMT, by cracky.

sham1980
January 25, 2005, 05:59 PM
I am clueless on how we can win : I think we need 11 players who will give the best and know what is expected of them .... we need players who will give it thier best who will be brave enough to stay at the wicket rather than take the cheap way out of all gunz blazing and getting out.

My team would be

1. Nafis
2. Rajin
3. Mashrafe
4. Bashar
5. Ashraful
6. Aftab
7. Alok
8. Masud
9. Mahmud
10. Tapash
11. Enamul

crazy i know but we aint winning by playing sensibly

Bat-PadTogether
January 25, 2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Mueid
he shud be blaming himself and i m sure he is doing just that inside his mind
rightly Mueid!Bashar sucks when he talks rubbish in the media.This man is not matured yet.His captaincy sucks too, as his fielding.How could we loose against the Zims who lost 17 ODI before they beat us twice in a row.Just pity!!:down::down::down::down::down::down::down::d own::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::dow n:
I really dont know how we can win?Somebody fails totaly which causes us the match.We were 130/2 at on stage in the 2nd ODI.In the last 10 overs we gave away some 90 runs.Dont we have any bowler who can check the runs and finally dropping easy sitters(catches).

cisco-guy
January 25, 2005, 09:37 PM
Our big mouth skipper boasted at one point after winning the test series that it would be a clean sweep for BD in the ODIs. Now he is blaming the batsmen. He needs to keep his mouth shut! I am sick of it. He was terrible with his own batting and he was the one who slowed down the whole game. This is an ODI match and you gotta score boundaries. Our run rate was pathetic!!! Bashar was not able to make a boundary for two hours in the game!!!

kalimdor
January 25, 2005, 10:21 PM
why captain blamed the bowler because zim scored 71 or 79 from last 6 overs. BD bowlers were very economic throughout the game except for the last 10 overs and there they gave so many runs and failed to pick up wicket.