PDA

View Full Version : Rana

paco
January 26, 2005, 12:24 AM
I've noticed a reluctance by the team to change their batting order. Why bring in rana when you're in a relatively good position with only about 15 overs to go ? why not mahmud or masri ?

Rana is about as suited for the one day game as Mike Tyson is for ballet !!

Jottoshob :mad:

Sham
January 26, 2005, 12:32 AM
Personally, I'd never take Rana in the national side to begin with. Neither his batting, nor his bowling is good enough, but he gets in because he does a bit of both. At the end of the day, he is a mediocre cricketer at best.

But to make him bat at 6 in the national team is just downright retarded. Someone tell me what is going on with our team management!

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 12:33 AM
Manja Rana is also useless for test. He's another useless player like Mushfiq.

Sham
January 26, 2005, 12:33 AM
Rana just got out for 6 in 18 balls! Great stuff!

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 12:36 AM
Mushfiq and Rana shares one common thing: Dav loves both of them

Fazal
January 26, 2005, 07:15 AM
Ha Ha Ha .... Too early opened the 'Rana Bashing' Thread.

Apparently he was the M.O.M.

:P

Navarene
January 26, 2005, 07:20 AM
I always had faith on Rana and apparently picked him in my fantasy team:)

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
Ha Ha Ha .... Too early opened the 'Rana Bashing' Thread.

Apparently he was the M.O.M.

:P
That was WRONG selecion for M.O.M

Only Rajin should've got M.O.M. award. Without his rapid 77, BD couldn't get 244. And if BD scored ~200. Then Rana's bowling figures would look like his 2nd ODI's figures. He got 4 wickets, 2 of them at a stage, when Zimbabwe couldn't win without a miracle.

Fazal
January 26, 2005, 09:56 AM
Rajin's knock of 77 was instumental setting up the BD total. So does Rana's performace with the ball to capture the win for BD. Both displayed M.O.M. type of performance (one with the bat the other with the ball). One's performance does not reduce other's contibution to the team's winning.

But the fact remains, <b>"The Rana Bashers started Rana bashing too early". </b>

Just face it. It's time to admit it and move on.... :D

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2005, 10:57 AM
well why do so many ppl care whether he's a mediocre cricketer with relatively limited capabilities when his records are among the best in the side? khamaka complain korata amader obbhash howe gese...

bdboy
January 26, 2005, 10:57 AM
ai ta ammder charittrik boyshisto...........
anyway......... basher rra akon mone hoi lojjito.........
plz kao kichu bolben na...........