PDA

View Full Version : about RANA

cracky
January 26, 2005, 05:18 AM
This player is always underrated. How many times he needs to prove himself. Each time he plays good, he needs to wait on the sideline. Once he was given opportunity to open the innings, and he made 66 runs(against West Indies?). And then after he was never given that opportunity again..

Where are the rana haters now? All fled?

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 05:22 AM
Rana sux. He's no better than Mushfiq.

He took few wickets today because Zimbo batsmen were under pressure.

cracky
January 26, 2005, 05:26 AM
Spitfire_x86 believe me, you suck more than "Shanto".

If rana was given opportunity like other players, he would have been one of the most consistant BD player.

Everyone please through some spit on Spitfire_x86.

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 10:29 AM GMT, by cracky.

Mueid
January 26, 2005, 05:31 AM
rana does well once in a while. no consistency at all with either the bat or the ball. if he keeps getting wicks regularly then he can be considered as 'good' cricketer.

cracky
January 26, 2005, 05:34 AM
ok, then tell me other than rafiq, who else is consistent in bangladesh?

Originally posted by Mueid
rana does well once in a while. no consistency at all with either the bat or the ball. if he keeps getting wicks regularly then he can be considered as 'good' cricketer.

mahbubH
January 26, 2005, 05:48 AM
I also don't think Rana is good enough to be in the BD team!! I know he bowled well today but he is very average player. We can close the loss by these type of players but win ...... ?

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 11:01 AM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

cracky
January 26, 2005, 05:51 AM
as I told, he was never given enough chance, like all other BD players.

Shish Ahmed
January 26, 2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Rana sux. He's no better than Mushfiq.

He took few wickets today because Zimbo batsmen were under pressure.

Stop talking C**$.

Do not compare Rana with Mushfiq, Rana is a much better ODI player than Babu!!!

Bat-PadTogether
January 26, 2005, 06:12 AM
Iam very Proud of Rana today.Watched the match live so now i have a better idea of him:flag:He speaks much better English than Bashar!

Pagla_Baba
January 26, 2005, 06:13 AM
Rana is a good player indeed. But the problem is... his batting is slow:(
even when he scored 66 agnst WI he took a lot of deliveries. And no 6 is not actually a good position for him. He did well with the ball though which is good.
His batting is not at its peak yet. According to daily janakantha-- he was having trouble facing off spn from dav whatmore who seldom bowls.:duh::rolleyes:....
He needs to work on that.

shujan
January 26, 2005, 06:17 AM
Rana will be around. He will get more chances after today.

Shish Ahmed
January 26, 2005, 06:19 AM
Opening the batting could suit Rana i guess. Rajin has proofed it has worked for him in ODI's.

They are similar players as they start off slow..

ZunaidH
January 26, 2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by cracky
ok, then tell me other than rafiq, who else is consistent in bangladesh?

Originally posted by Mueid

Cracky;

What you are saying is called logical fallacy. Rana at his best is average, so far. However, with the right amount of desire he might move mountains.

Shish Ahmed
January 26, 2005, 06:43 AM
Rana has limitations basically he is not a cricketer who is blessed with natural talent.

But he does have courage and has to make do with what he has and does do it to a standard where it can be noticed now.

Maybe when BD cricket improves and they are more consistent then we can say Rana is average. At the moment Rana should be given a few more chances to show what he can do.

fwullah
January 26, 2005, 06:46 AM
Whether the point of Rana being an average, or not average player - doesn't count on this series. What is more important is to see as much as enthusiasm as we've seen from Rana from him as well as the rest of the players.

mahbubH
January 26, 2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Bat&PadTogether
IHe speaks much better English than Bashar!

Thats nice.

Fazal
January 26, 2005, 07:12 AM
Edited on, January 26, 2005, 12:15 PM GMT, by Fazal.

ialbd
January 26, 2005, 07:21 AM
The thing is not about underrated or overrated, thats our Bangladesh team (that I am proud of).

Ajke Ranar proshongsha shobkhane (undoubtedly he lead BD to victory today). Last night in Paltalk ppl were cursing Ashraful like anything, but jodi next ODI te ekta half century mare taile amra abar proshongshay fire jabo.

I guess all the players in the BD team except may be 2-3 players are inconsistent throughout.But I dont care, as long as someone shines everytime and my Bangladesh wins....I am more than happy.
________
Lincoln mk9 specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Lincoln_MK9)

Pundit
January 26, 2005, 07:28 AM
I like Rana, but not for any specific reason - maybe just because he appears to be a fighter !

I hope he does not suffer the same fate as Durjoy.

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by SHISH AHMED
Stop talking C**$.

Musfiq had his moments like Rana in ODI long ago, but that couldn't make him good enough to perform regularly.

Both are not good enough with bat to be considered as a replacement of batsman. He's a better bowler compared to Mushfiq, but when Rafique comes back, I see no place for Rana in the ODI team. Rafique is better than Rana with both bat and ball.

And he can't replace anybody in the test team. It's only matter of time when he will be permanently out of both Test and ODI team.

akabir77
January 26, 2005, 08:34 AM
I am just wondering why cracky wants to seal Rana's place in the team after one match.... Wait let him perform and if he is good then its good for bd...

Also he is an utility player and plyr like these used as needed that doen't mean he has to play every match nor dropped means he is a bad plyr. Like in football some time if the coach wants to ply one stricker then plyr like romario has to seat that doesn't he is bad its just that ..... u know what. so in ranas case don't think he didn't got chance cause he was good enough but his need (an extra spin utility plyr) was not needed in those games....

cheer up lads we complain if we lose and we complain even if we win????

Ahmed_B
January 26, 2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by akabir77
Wait let him perform and if he is good then its good for bd...
True...
It's not at all necessary to jump off right now and immediately decide out whether Rana is Excellent or Worthless!

Right now.. he played fantastic and got the team a very needed win.. and he deserves congratulations for that! Lets just do that and enjoy the win for now.

He is a player with limitiations but a good fighthing spirit... no doubt.

I would rather criticize the management/coach/captain for sending him to bat at no.6 replacing Pilot... which, in both ODI's created some problem for BD. Coz in pressure situations like that, Rana falls behind the pace of the game. So when selectors play Rana.. they should try to work out a better place for him to bat... where he doesn't have to score too fast maybe..

Anyway... it's good to see we have a determined player Rana in our range... his service may very often be needed.

Shish Ahmed
January 26, 2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
[quote]Originally posted by SHISH AHMED
Stop talking C**$.

Musfiq had his moments like Rana in ODI long ago, but that couldn't make him good enough to perform regularly.

What moments has mushfiq had ???? he has done nothing compared to what rana has done so far.

Shish Ahmed
January 26, 2005, 10:57 AM
Spitfire,

I think rana will make you eat your words!!! So you can stop talkin trash.

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 11:03 AM
Last year Mushfiq got 4 wickets in test against England, had few ~40 scores, but now he's the most undesirable player for national team in any form of game, especially for Test.

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2005, 11:09 AM
just because mushfique has become the most undesirable player in the team doesn't mean that everyone else with limited capapbilities will end up with the same fate. that's just poor judgement.

Shish Ahmed
January 26, 2005, 11:13 AM
We are talking about ODI's here.

Never said rana is suited for Tests.

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2005, 11:15 AM
well, mushfique's a liability in odi's as well, isn't he?

Shish Ahmed
January 26, 2005, 11:17 AM

Sorry Asif,

this was in reply to spitfire's comments

mahbubH
January 26, 2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
well, mushfique's a liability in odi's as well, isn't he?
Liability in ODIs... really?? I think captain does not need to hide him while fielding and can bowl descent 10 overs as a 3rd seamer.

shaoun
January 26, 2005, 11:56 AM
rana is still young he has a long time to learn. he showed a glimps with the ball today and he showed he can bat too. i mean his odi and test batting average is good. he has time on his side hopefully he learns and this performance will inspire him to do so. i think they made the right decision making him the man of the match.

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2005, 12:03 PM

Sorry Asif,

this was in reply to spitfire's comments

yeah i got that after posting :)

akabir77
January 26, 2005, 12:19 PM
I think Musfiq will do good in england with his slow midium pace bowling.... :-/

roaring tigerz
January 26, 2005, 12:25 PM
all you guys are pathetic...just for one moment forget all the squabbles and lets savor the victory...its not everyday that we get to enjoy such moments. do we?

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by roaring tigerz
all you guys are pathetic...just for one moment forget all the squabbles and lets savor the victory...its not everyday that we get to enjoy such moments. do we?

exactly. why bash the guy who got us the win?

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2005, 12:27 PM
and why bash the captain because his captaincy wasn't bad enough to make us lose?

offcutter
January 26, 2005, 12:35 PM
So many times before we've seen our players become content after one good performance and wither away rapidly. Wether Rana is overrated or not is not the point. The hunger to do better, the desire to build on current success is the only way our (or any) cricketers can get us to the promiseland. Steve Waugh started out as a medium pacer and not an extradordinary one and many experts questioned his talent, now look at his record. He did it by shere grit and determination.

A lot of times I feel our players set themselves goals that are too low, they need to raise the bar a little here and not become content with just one good performance. This applies to the TEAM and individual players.

And the ability to speak English should not be any precondition at all as 'bat&padtogether' suggests. In the 60s, 70s and early 80s almost all Pakistani player spoke excellent English. And although there were individual talent, Pakistan as a team was never really first rate. Things changed after that and 9 out of 10 Pakistani players after that era spoke very little to no English yet they became world beaters. Our own Rafique is another example. We can all be proud of him no matter what language he's comfortable in.