View Full Version : Will Bangladesh win the 4 th ODI

shujan
January 26, 2005, 06:03 AM

roaring_tiger
January 26, 2005, 06:13 AM
Inshallah, we all hope so,.....:fanflag:

Zephaniah
January 26, 2005, 06:29 AM
I voted for 'yes', given the situation that we pick up our best Xi and the players know whats at stake.

My team:

1.Nafis Iqbal
2.Rajin Saleh
3.Md. Rafique
4.Aftab Ahmed
5.Habibul Bashar
6.Khaled Mashud
7.Al- Shahrier Rokon
8.Manjarul Islam
9.Mashrafee Mortuza
10. Chacha
11.Tapash Baisya/ Nazmul Hossain

A). Yes, I know you don't see Ash in my team, but it's only for 2 ODIs. I think he needs this treatment once in a while to get real and get his act together. He'll be back in next series, I hope.

B) Middle order begs to instill some depth. To solve the jigsaw, if one of the openers go early then Rafique comes at 3 as pinch hitter followed by Aftab, so we get Bashar at 5 and Pilot at 6. Al shahrier comes at 7 to play his natural game!

C) With rafique's coming in bowling looks alright. Sorry to disappoint but Enamul has to make way for Rafique.

Finally...
This is a seriously depleted Zim side, with all honesty.

Win the match, Damn it!

shujan
January 26, 2005, 06:37 AM
If Bangladesh win 4 th ODI it will be the first time Bangladesh win back to back game.

PoorFan
January 26, 2005, 07:01 AM
I voted for yes because it's about we must win not about will we win.
I like Zephaniah's team but only one change ( Nazmul in place of Rana ).

1.Nafis Iqbal
2.Rajin Saleh
3.Md. Rafique
4.Aftab Ahmed
5.Habibul Bashar
6.Khaled Mashud
7.Al- Shahrier Rokon
8.Mashrafee Mortuza
9. Chacha
10.Tapash Baisya
11.Nazmul Hossain

AsifEminem
January 26, 2005, 07:13 AM
YES!!! if we bat first, then for sure.

SHABBA!!

Navarene
January 26, 2005, 07:16 AM
Bangladesh can win not only the 4th but also the 5th ODI if, and only if they win the toss (and elect to bat first).

reverse_swing
January 26, 2005, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Navarene
Bangladesh can win not only the 4th but also the 5th ODI if, and only if they win the toss (and elect to bat first).

spot on.:)

Lutfulkhan
January 26, 2005, 07:59 AM

Its doesnt matter even if we lose the toss, my boys are back 4 good. They have come back from a dip in their performance and now they are invincible again.:fanflag::flag:

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 08:42 AM
Our performance in 3rd ODI was not better than 1st or 2nd ODI by any means.

So I don't think we have a chance at all unless we win the toss.

Ahmed_B
January 26, 2005, 08:57 AM
SF.. bowlingwise BD did real well today... much better than the first 2 ODI's. U should really appriciate that.

Had BD bowled like they did in the first 2 ODI's... the ZIM's could hav made the match much much closer.. even might have won it though they were chasing a relatively big total on this ground.

But the Picture of BD batting was all the same today ... as the first 2 ODI's.. they managed to score 245 only because they din't hav the pressure of chasing!

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
SF.. bowlingwise BD did real well today... much better than the first 2 ODI's. U should really appriciate that.
Bowlingwise, the situation was different than other 2 matches. In first 2 matches BD didn't bowl bad, but Zimbo batsmen scored more because they were batting without pressure of chasing.

banglafan
January 26, 2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Lutfulkhan

Its doesnt matter even if we lose the toss, my boys are back 4 good. They have come back from a dip in their performance and now they are invincible again.:fanflag::flag:

invincible??:P When was that a reality?:exclamation:

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 6:01 PM GMT, by banglafan.

Ahmed_B
January 26, 2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Bowlingwise, the situation was different than other 2 matches. In first 2 matches BD didn't bowl bad, but Zimbo batsmen scored more because they were batting without pressure of chasing.
Unfortunately... u r totally not interested to giv today's BD bowling any extra point... I do completely fail to understand your reason though. The logic u just wrote there is pathetic.

Anyway.. no further comments.

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 01:25 PM
My point is, BD bowlers still have to prove that they can do better in slog overs when bowling first.

ZaKi
January 26, 2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Our performance in 3rd ODI was not better than 1st or 2nd ODI by any means.

So I don't think we have a chance at all unless we win the toss.

yeah right :cool:

bdmoderator
January 26, 2005, 02:27 PM
I don't knoiw what will happen. But I voted for 'YES.'

loyalfan
January 26, 2005, 04:13 PM
we will win if we win the toss and bat first!!

Faisal
January 26, 2005, 04:15 PM
if bd bat first ya 90% possibility...... if zim bat first then 30% possibility~~

Pagla_Baba
January 26, 2005, 09:02 PM
If we bat first there is a good chance. It seems like we can defend totals better and our batsmen can score more when batting first. Obviously if the score is low then things might be diffrent for both team.

shujan
January 27, 2005, 02:34 AM
our probability is higher to win the next 2 toss then Zimbabwe as they already got 2 out of 5.

billah
January 27, 2005, 02:43 AM
We WILL win, regardless of the toss.:up:

Sadrul
January 27, 2005, 07:40 AM
Rokon should be given a chance