PDA

View Full Version : Rajin should've got M.O.M. award

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 08:15 AM
Only Rajin should've got M.O.M. award. Without his rapid 77, BD couldn't get 244. And if BD scored ~200. Then Rana's bowling figures would look like his 2nd ODI's figures. He got 4 wickets, 2 of them at a stage, when Zimbabwe couldn't win without a miracle.

mahbubH
January 26, 2005, 08:24 AM
these two performances are very close ... Rana deserved the MOM and his wickets were vital. If there is nothing to evaluate Rana's performance just look at Enam's.

I did not want Rana in my team but I congratulate him for his great bowling. And still I don't think Rana should be in the team .... don't come back with another MOM.. Rana ... bashing you is very popular in this forum!

Pundit
January 26, 2005, 09:30 AM
Fans are desperate for success. Players like Mahmud, Rana, Durjoy are "sorta" (sort of) type of players---> compared to Australians, very average all-rounders.

So they never always do well both with bowling and batting in any given day. This leaves them vulnerable to added criticism. Like for example, subconciously, we seldom expect Rafique to bat well.

On top of that, our bowlers in reality are doing pretty good.

cricket_pagol
January 26, 2005, 09:38 AM
I agree with Spitfire... Rajin should have got the MOM because without his fluent 77 the bowlers would not have a total to bowl at. I doubt if rana would have got 4 wickets if the BD total was 200.

Rana is still a bits and pieces player... i guess he is OK in ODI's. It would be interesting to see who gets dropped when rafique comes back.

Anyways, we are back in the series... i hope we win the toss in dhaka.

fwullah
January 26, 2005, 09:45 AM
If we can win another match, and Rajin gives the same starts, then Rajin could be the Man of the Series.

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
these two performances are very close ... Rana deserved the MOM and his wickets were vital. If there is nothing to evaluate Rana's performance just look at Enam's.

I did not want Rana in my team but I congratulate him for his great bowling. And still I don't think Rana should be in the team .... don't come back with another MOM.. Rana ... bashing you is very popular in this forum!

we did the same thing to mahmud remember?

Fazal
January 26, 2005, 10:06 AM
Who cares who wins MOM. They both deserves a :clap: or may be couple of :clap::clap:

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 3:06 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Pundit
January 26, 2005, 10:25 AM
Lets not be so harsh always. Rajin will play more games certainly compared to Rana.

Rajin not getting MOM : He should be mad and try to do better next time.
Rana getting MOM : Will inspire him to make the best of his limited abilities.

Not sure whether these typical human traits apply to Bangalis though.

Mon
January 26, 2005, 11:51 AM
I missed out on yet another electrifying performances of Rajin Saleh. Soon, Saleh will be <B>one of the best Batsmen in the world. </B>

His luck does not seem to complement his all-round performances. Even in the 3rd ODI against India he was the just MOM but Shewag ended up getting the award. With regards to this particular match, I would say it was a tough call but Rana was relatively a better choice. Itís true that Rajinís performance put us in a commanding lead but it was the bowling of Rana at the end that <b>won us the match.</B> Hence the MOM award went to Rana. J Wish him all the luck but his place in the final eleven is still shaky unless he proves his batting ability.

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 4:52 PM GMT, by Mon.

Edited on, January 31, 2005, 9:09 PM GMT, by Mon.