PDA

View Full Version : Bd Batsman or bowlers?

soulkiller
January 26, 2005, 09:56 AM
Many people say that Bangladeshi batsmen ar better than the bowlers. Yet it is the batsmen who collapse and dismiss the chance of winning whereas the bowlers show more consistency more than the batsmen. Who do you think are better: the batsman or the bowlers?

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2005, 10:25 AM
bowlers; but i'll vote for the empty slot u left between batsmen and bowlers.

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2005, 10:25 AM
since nobody else will

itswaps
January 26, 2005, 10:27 AM
bowlers,, better in "consistency" ,,

little_master
January 26, 2005, 10:38 AM
definitely bowlers.
we had many chance to win in ODI
but lost for the batsmen!
but the reverse does not have many exmples!

Spitfire_x86
January 26, 2005, 11:11 AM
Bowlers, because theyt're more consistent performer.

And in terms of ability, both our bowlers and batsmen have a long way to go to reach standard of players from the top test teams.

soulkiller
January 26, 2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
bowlers; but i'll vote for the empty slot u left between batsmen and bowlers.

lol..i knew somebody wud comment on dat...:great:..i tried to edit it but cudnt...

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 6:12 PM GMT, by soulkiller.
Reason: speeling mistake

ZaKi
January 26, 2005, 01:20 PM
no doubt.. answer will be bowlers

bdmoderator
January 26, 2005, 02:26 PM
I voted for bowlers.

Pagla_Baba
January 26, 2005, 09:40 PM
Bowlers indeed. They have learned it the hard way. Like bowling in all the flat wickets at BD. So once they played at green wickets, they did good and when back to flat ones, they were ok. On the other hand our batsmen are sooooo used to playing at flat wickets that they were not that good in other wickets. One more thing, our batsmen need a better chasing plan in all the ODIs. On the other hand bowlers need to bowl well at the depth of the 1st innings of an ODI match.

Hasib
January 26, 2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
since nobody else will

u hav company ;)

Honestly in my opinion they r similiar... for example...

in the first 2 ODIs the bowlers cud have made it easier for the batsmen by keeping the runs down.

Ahmed_B
January 26, 2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by soulkiller
Many people say that Bangladeshi batsmen ar better than the bowlers...
Hmm.. this comment of yours reminds me of our Pre-Test-Status era.. and yes.. this is the judgement that always used to be made about the BD team then... that "batting is this team's main strength". But that was really before BD attained One-day status.. and Test status after that.

Since then, BD bowling has improved radically... and more than that... it has maintained a high level of consistancy as well. We have had some really talented bowlers since the last 5 years or so..!