PDA

View Full Version : Basher

pilot fan
January 26, 2005, 12:09 PM
or god sake basher has won 2 odi and 1 test match and drawn a test match in the lst month the best ever run by a Bangladesh captain why carn\'t any of u give him the credit he is our best batsman and evan if he gets runs he is still critisized for his captaincy he can do not right.
What must this be doing to his confidence

LETS GET BEHIND THE SKIPPER

pagol-chagol
January 26, 2005, 12:22 PM
The truth is:

We won DESPITE his captaincy.

The negetives from his captaincy were not heavy enough to stop our winning. That happens in every sports man.

Hey, good batsman thought. Hats off for that.

Fazal
January 26, 2005, 02:10 PM
I will give all the credit to him, as long as he keeps his mouth shut! Is it too much to ask?

He needs a crash-course about what to tell and what not to tell in his news media briefings. And when losing a game, start taking some responsibilty to himself as a leader, that helps the younger players to cope with the added pressure.

Critisize or 'No Critisize' he is a great asset for BD cricket that we all know.

al
January 26, 2005, 02:16 PM
Hmm. media relations course will do it. in fact all bd players need it and offcourse a bit of better english would help too

Mon
January 26, 2005, 06:29 PM
i have serious doubts about his credibility as a captain. Shumonís repeated poor leadership in vital cricket matches is a natural trend now. He is lethargic when it comes to inspiring the team.. We need a change now and Chacha is the best choice in my opinion However, there are plenty of factors that can go against the selection of Shujan in the ODI squad; nonetheless, as a captain he would be more effective than Habibul Bashar..

AGC
January 26, 2005, 06:58 PM
Changing the captain all the time is not a solution. Bashar should be given more time to prove himself. We can't judge him from the outcomes of just a handful of games.

Hasib
Edited on, January 26, 2005, 11:59 PM GMT, by Hasib.

Hasib
LOL... this is a classic from anti- Bashars... "keep his mouth shut"... ppl were complaining he wasn't aggrassive enough when talking to the media... and besides... how do u know it wasn't coz of his captancy that we won... ok he didn't perform... but that doesn't indicate captaining... the only ppl who can say if it was for his captancy or not r the players themselves.

Fazal
January 26, 2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Hasib
LOL... this is a classic from anti- Bashars... "keep his mouth shut"... ppl were complaining he wasn't aggrassive enough when talking to the media...

And this is a perfect example of Blind Bashar supporters not seeing the facts objectively.

Having agressive is one thing, but falling into the trap of reoprter's tricky question and saying excatly what you are not supposed to say as a captain is another thing which is called 'sillyness' not agressive.

If you care to know some of the examples, please see the other threads:

thread1 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=9220)

thread2 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=9124#pid133826)

Edited on, January 27, 2005, 3:22 AM GMT, by Fazal.

Blah
January 26, 2005, 10:37 PM
Chacha is the worst possible candidate for captaincy, whether in one-day or test, in my opinion. This guy is already in his early (or late) 40s, they only thing he (and us) should be thinking about is his retirement, regardless of his performance.

* He should be thinking about his retirement now because he would like to quit being a hero, rather than performing miserably later because of age related limitation and being kicked out of the team by selector for good.

* Selector should be thinking about his replacement because it takes a long time to groome a replacement.

Being said all that. There should be no reason why Bashar should be replaced; his captaincy or performance is not working against him. Even if there was a consideration for his replacement as a captain than Mashud is probably the only one I can think of at this moment, in terms of experiance and leadership.

Blah :flag:

Hasib
January 26, 2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
LOL... this is a classic from anti- Bashars... "keep his mouth shut"... ppl were complaining he wasn't aggrassive enough when talking to the media...

And this is a perfect example of Blind Bashar supporters not seeing the facts objectively.

Having agressive is one thing, but falling into the trap of reoprter's tricky question and saying excatly what you are not supposed to say as a captain is another thing which is called 'sillyness' not agressive.

If you care to know some of the examples, please see the other threads:

thread1 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=9220)

thread2 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=9124#pid133826)

Edited on, January 27, 2005, 3:22 AM GMT, by Fazal.

and u r an example of a blind anti- Bashar... remember in the Indian series Bashar was saying they r not thinking about the series win? wel he got attacked than for not being aggrasive. now he gets attacked for talking aggrasive

Fazal
January 27, 2005, 09:41 AM

and u r an example of a blind anti- Bashar... remember in the Indian series Bashar was saying they r not thinking about the series win? wel he got attacked than for not being aggrasive. now he gets attacked for talking aggrasive
You are wrong my friend (unless you know more about myself than I do). I was never anti-bashar fan before nor am I now. Actually Bashar is one of my favorite players.

Just pointing out Bashar's off the field communication skill weakness.

I think bashar should show his agressiveness in team meeting (which he may be doing.. I don't know), on the field and on his game plan.

<b>I was never critical of Bashar for not saying they r not thinking about the series win against India. Some people did, but it was not me. </b>Actually I liked that attitute rather than opening his mouth as a loose cannon. Aus can claim, India, Pak, Eng can claim a clean sweep against us before the series as the diff of strength is so vast so that they can get away with that. But we are in no position to claim clean-sweep against anyone yet.

<b>Therefore its will be more constructive for you to read and do some research and varify your claim before blaming people left and right.</b>

Now having said that,

Do I think Bashar should be sacked now? No. He is learning on the field, and if he learns from his mistakes off the field comments, he should be ok. Also we don't have any short time better alternatives in the team now.

Does Bashar have a role/contribution in winning the game as a captain? Yes.

Is Bashar still an asset to the team? Yes

Therefore, don't be edgy my friend, the people that are pointing out Bashar's weakness as Captain are not necessarily Bashar haters... but some of them love to have him a very successful captain... Now only IF the blind Bashar a[][] kissers can take these constructive criticism more sportingly.....

Edited on, January 27, 2005, 5:48 PM GMT, by Fazal.

fwullah
January 27, 2005, 12:17 PM
And the one thing that Bashar will learn about his off the field comments is during this series. We don't know what's gonna happen in the next 2 games, but if we lose even 1 of the next 2 matches, then we'll be losing the series, and then the media people will go bashing at Bashar for saying that we're gonna whitewash Zimbabwe. - From this lesson, Bashar will learn to check what he says to the media before a series.

But even if we win, after the series is over, Bashar will still think about what he said before the series, because we already lost 2 matches, and we were on the verge of 'being whitewashed' rather than 'whitewash our opponents' before the 3rd match.

al
January 27, 2005, 12:44 PM
keep bashar for now. it is working in my opinion. bangladesh's performance has been improving gradually. however, he needs some guidance about public/media relations

Bangla Mostan
January 27, 2005, 01:41 PM
the team won and the team played well for a draw...he is still a very weak and less tactical captain than any of the others that have come and gone...he still needs to work on his ability to captian in critical situations...he needs to cope with the pressures.

he's no doubt a great batsmen though.:bravo:

howzatt!
January 28, 2005, 05:55 AM
no other captain got to lead BD against a weak zimbabwe team and no other captain got rajin, mashrafee, enamull, nafees at their best. BD's recent success came not because of bashar's captaincy but because of improvement of BD players. bashar has a long way to go. apart from his inability to take responsibility for team's loss, his bowling changes are horrible. also, he drops too many catches as a captain. how can he lead a team that is full of youngsters if he himself drops catches in every game. But i do admire his contributions to the team with his bat (when not playing silly pull shots every loose ball). but i'd give him some more time to learn. we need a permanent captain. changing captain every few months is bad for the team. i hope whatmore helps him with his captaincy skills.

Hasib
January 28, 2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Fazal

You are wrong my friend (unless you know more about myself than I do). I was never anti-bashar fan before nor am I now. Actually Bashar is one of my favorite players.

Just pointing out Bashar's off the field communication skill weakness.

I think bashar should show his agressiveness in team meeting (which he may be doing.. I don't know), on the field and on his game plan.

<b>I was never critical of Bashar for not saying they r not thinking about the series win against India. Some people did, but it was not me. </b>Actually I liked that attitute rather than opening his mouth as a loose cannon. Aus can claim, India, Pak, Eng can claim a clean sweep against us before the series as the diff of strength is so vast so that they can get away with that. But we are in no position to claim clean-sweep against anyone yet.

<b>Therefore its will be more constructive for you to read and do some research and varify your claim before blaming people left and right.</b>

Now having said that,

Do I think Bashar should be sacked now? No. He is learning on the field, and if he learns from his mistakes off the field comments, he should be ok. Also we don't have any short time better alternatives in the team now.

Does Bashar have a role/contribution in winning the game as a captain? Yes.

Is Bashar still an asset to the team? Yes

Therefore, don't be edgy my friend, the people that are pointing out Bashar's weakness as Captain are not necessarily Bashar haters... but some of them love to have him a very successful captain... Now only IF the blind Bashar a[][] kissers can take these constructive criticism more sportingly.....

Edited on, January 27, 2005, 5:48 PM GMT, by Fazal.

2 things... firstly u first called me a "blind Bashar Fan".... well i giv u the same response... YOU r wrong... Bashar fan yes but not Blind...

I was merely pointing out the fact that... after defeating India when he said he wasn't thinking of the series win... he got attacked for being unaggrassive in what he said to the media.... but now... following many ppls wished he IS aggrasive... he gets attacked once again.

Now if he said b4 the series he wasn't thinking of the series win in THIS series... than ppl wud hav said we lost the first two matches for his weak approch.

Hasib
January 28, 2005, 09:04 AM
Fazal, u called me a "Blind Bashar supporter" coz of this qoute of mine...

i was refering to ppls complians in the Indian match and than b4 the Zimabwean series

in response to my 2nd post in ur 3rd post in this thread u say...

I was never critical of Bashar for not saying they r not thinking about the series win against India.

Than exactly why did u attack what i said in that post?

Sam
January 28, 2005, 09:20 AM
He needs to be a Taibu of Bangladesh, that's the bottom line.

Fazal
January 28, 2005, 09:53 AM
Hasib,

Lets clear up the things before it goes nowhere like a maze.

>> 2 things... firstly u first called me a "blind Bashar Fan".... well i giv u the same response... YOU r wrong... Bashar fan yes but not Blind...

Actually if you go through the thread, you will see that you responded first, with <b>"LOL... this is a classic from anti- Bashars... "keep his mouth shut"... </b> responding to my original comment that its better for Bashar to keep his mouth shut. Please note that you picked up my quote to show an example of classic anti-Bassar comments.

May be that created the confusion. Only In reply to your comment, I called you "blind Bashar Fan" as I felt that you failed to realize that its all constructive criticism of Bashar from a Bashar fan (sort of. I am a fan of nobody. I like Basharís contribution to the team). Of course there is another set of opinion among us that Bashar should speak-out, be more aggressive in the press meetings. I don't agree with their opinion, but I respect their point of view. Do I think they are anti-Bashar? Unlike you, I don't think they are anti-Bashar.

>> was merely pointing out the fact that... after defeating India when he said he wasn't thinking of the series win... he got attacked for being unaggrassive in what he said to the media.... but now... following many ppls wished he IS aggrasive... he gets attacked once again.

Again I don't know, why you think like "he gets <b>attacked</b> once again". I think its all constructive criticism and different view point about how he should act as a captain. I don't know why you cannot take these criticism sportingly. I don't know whether you are a 'blind Bashar supporter' or not, but your reaction give me an impression that you are. May be I am wrong.

>> Now if he said b4 the series he wasn't thinking of the series win in THIS series... than ppl wud hav said we lost the first two matches for his weak approch.

Sure. That's why if he doenít know what he need to say, itís better for him to keep his mouth shut. He shouldn't say about a 'clean-sweep', nor should he say, "he wasn't thinking of the series win". He should either keep his mouth shut, or say something like, "I am looking for an exciting series and we will give our 100% to win the series" or "We will give 100% effort to win the series". Winning the series was doable before the series (may be itís still doable) but clean sweep? NO WAY. Why announcing and setting the standard in public so high, which is most likely not doable based on current BD strength? Even India didn't clean-sweep-ed us in last one-day series. I hope you understand my point.

Fazal, u called me a "Blind Bashar supporter" coz of this qoute of mine...

i was refering to ppls complians in the Indian match and than b4 the Zimabwean series

in response to my 2nd post in ur 3rd post in this thread u say...

I was never critical of Bashar for not saying they r not thinking about the series win against India.

Than exactly why did u attack what i said in that post?

I think when you used my quote and try to point out some other people (even I don't agree with you) as anti-Bashar, the confusion started from there.

Another think really surprised me is you use the term <b>'attacking'</b> (attacking you and Bashar). Isn't attacking is a too strong word? If you feel that way, I am sorry. No one is trying to attack anyone, these are all constructive criticism (may be sometimes pointless silly arguments) and arguments about our view-point. We (at least most of us) love Bashar, as well as love YOUR company in this forum.

So no hard feeling Bro..... Cheers for the Team and the Captain!!!

P.S. Itís getting silly. This is my last message to this thread.

Edited on, January 28, 2005, 2:59 PM GMT, by Fazal.