PDA

View Full Version : Causality of War

Fazal
January 27, 2005, 01:11 PM
Whether we like it or not IND-PAK series is always like a war. Some how itís always more that a 'just a game'.

After the series, there will be one team intact (the winner). They will get all the praise and blessings from the media, the board and the fans.

However unfortunately there will the other team demoralized and broken (the looser). Every activity by the team members will be overly scrutinized and each small mistake will be identified and magnified. The team members will be treated as the 'traitors' in their own nation. Some career will be reined prematurely.

However I am surprised that the causality started even before the series started.

Pakistan sacked their manager Haroon Rashid. "Haroon, 51, was removed because the Pakistan Cricket Board thought they needed a change ahead of the India tour.".

I see more trouble ahead folks. Now the question is which side?

AsifTheManRahman
January 27, 2005, 01:13 PM
hard to say, hard to say.

al
January 27, 2005, 01:17 PM
because of the regional rivalry, india-pak games are always interesting to watch/follow. even aussies,brit take on great interest in these games and enjoy them greatly

cricketfan
February 1, 2005, 07:53 AM
It is not that serious nowadays. India lost three times in a row to Pakistan last year but nothing of the sort described in the post of fazal has happened. As the two teams play more often and the two sets of fans warm up towards each other, the trauma associated with loss in these matches will steadily go away.

As far me, I have followed all India Pak matches from 1978 onwards. The feeling of animosity that their matches generated in the past has come down considerably now a days. I suppose there are still fans who take defeats in these matches too seriously. Thankfully their numbers are reducing, despite the efforts of vested interests ( politicians, media etc).

Edited on, February 1, 2005, 12:55 PM GMT, by cricketfan.

Fazal
February 1, 2005, 10:06 AM
May be so. But I still remember my Indian friends told me that its was more important for them to win against Pakistan than the world cup (in the last world cup). And they surely won against PAk and I got a free lunch from them. I am sure some PAk fans also thought that way.

Also the reason why Zaved Miandad lost his job has more to do with loosing the series against India in Pak than anything else. Actually there was a major shuffle in the PAK management after the series with India (if I remeber correctly. I may be wrong though.)

But I agree that "the feeling of animosity that their matches generated in the past has come down considerably now a days". But I believe its still enough to ruin a career or two prematurely.

Reason: type

Edited on, February 1, 2005, 3:09 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Fazal
February 9, 2005, 02:35 PM
Chief minister in Indian state of Gujarat Narendra Modi has alleged it was "plain cowardice and fear of defeat" at hands of Indians, on the soil of Gujarat that is compelling Pakistan cricket team to decide against playing in Ahmedabad.

Modi further alleged that 'insult of Gujarat is insult of the country and that Indian government should not remain a silent spectator. Center should take necessary steps to preserve the pride and self-esteem of the state."

Pakistan should have the spirit to play despite its "fears but it is sheer caliber and potential of Indian cricket team that threatens to demolish them and which is preventing them from competing in Gujarat," he charged.

source (http://www.dawn.com/2005/02/09/spt4.htm)

The war of word already started. Make no mistake, the stake will be as high as usual.. and the looser will be identified and punished heavily.

Edited on, February 9, 2005, 7:36 PM GMT, by Fazal.

al
February 9, 2005, 03:43 PM
I agree that, Miandad lost his job for loosing to India than anything else. I thought, he did a decent job considering having to train many new and young guys.

Carte Blanche
February 9, 2005, 03:49 PM
It was a blessing in disguise for them. They have Bob Woolmer now. I wonder why Miandad couldn't do what Woolmer did to Afridi. It'll be interesting to see how long they stick with Woolmer and how he handles the Indian tour. (I'd love to see how the Paki fans react towards Woolmer if Pak loses to India)

al
February 9, 2005, 04:10 PM
The measurement scale is my opinion: Miandad was decent, but Woolmer is much better but Our [bangladesh's] Whatmore is the best

cricketfan
February 10, 2005, 12:32 AM
To treat India Pakistan matches as anything other than a match is immaturity, but it is in any day preferable to real war. If some people want to get a vicarious feel of winning a war when their team wins a match then let them have that feeling.

It helps market the game and helps fill the coffers of the advertisers and cricket boards.It also offers out of job politicians a means of livelihood.

Fazal
April 18, 2005, 01:55 PM
So Pakistan survived the Casuality this time. Enzy and Afridi became the Heros and Dada and Pathan became the goats.

Now we can expect more changes in the Indian side (some of them well desieved some of them unfortunate).

Too bad ... too bad.

al
April 18, 2005, 03:04 PM
Well , from now on ganguly can concentrate on full time danguli playing, tendulkar will go back to his hometown, and run for office. Shewag will chat with afridi much more. funny ha! Just kidding