PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful should call Tendulkar.

pagol-chagol
January 27, 2005, 05:33 PM
Tendulkar's encouragement propelled him to play that 158* inning. Ashraful could use a nice chat now.

al
January 27, 2005, 05:46 PM
not a bad idea

cisco-guy
January 27, 2005, 05:54 PM
If I remeber correctly, Ash did talk to Tendulkar after he made 158* (that is after the game).

pagol-chagol
January 27, 2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by cisco-guy
If I remeber correctly, Ash did talk to Tendulkar after he made 158* (that is after the game).

Oh no! Then I am totally wrong. So, its all Tendu betar fault.

Actually, spoke to Tendu before that game or the series.

amra_korbo_joy
January 27, 2005, 06:08 PM
Whatever, Ashraful does not just took 158*. He domininated absolutely over the bowlers. And who were the bowlers: Pathan ,Kumble,Harbhajan Singh,Zahir Khan ==> India's best bowling line. I saw that innings in TV in Bangadesh. It seems that he could easily cross 200 or more. Whatmore said I was lucky enough to see such a wonderful batting.

Edited on, January 27, 2005, 11:09 PM GMT, by amra_korbo_joy.

Edited on, January 27, 2005, 11:16 PM GMT, by amra_korbo_joy.

howzatt!
January 27, 2005, 06:23 PM

Ash talked to tendulker BEFORE he made his 158*. he said in interview that tendulker's tip (play ur natural game) helped him score that many runs.

DJ Sahastra
January 27, 2005, 07:41 PM
Ashraful needs "Paglar Babar Mazaareer Paani Purao" :lol:

(Ashraful needs to be bathed with the water from Pagla Baba's Mazaar)

Fazal
January 27, 2005, 07:47 PM
What is the current rate of Tendulker's consultation fee per minute?

First session was free, but I doubt this time Ask will get it free?

Is BCB is going to reimburse that?

al
January 27, 2005, 08:03 PM
good one fazal. May be if ask keeps the reciepts and score 100. aha

Ahmed_B
January 27, 2005, 11:12 PM
actually ash needs to forget that he ever made 158*

... maybe we should hit him real hard on the head... causing 'memory loss' to make him forget the last 2 monthes... like in bangla movie?? :lol:

Flip Master Mick
January 28, 2005, 01:28 AM
i was just wondering in what language would they converse in? or is he going to get an interpreter from the indian high commission?

roaring_tiger
January 28, 2005, 01:50 AM
may be tendu will not say such encouraging word....may be he will say..."well, my man, u r very inconsistent!...even worse than the bowlers of ur team!.....".oops:

howzatt!
January 28, 2005, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Flip Master Mick
i was just wondering in what language would they converse in? or is he going to get an interpreter from the indian high commission?

sourav ganguly could be the interpreter.

Sam
January 28, 2005, 08:21 AM
Interestingly, he told to the newsmen that he has still chances to come back in this series, where two last matches are remaining. And the captain supported him by saying that, the pitch (UTHAN) is not suitable for his natural stroke play (NACHA).
The same old story.
But still we are waiting to see something big (not golla) from him.

Fazal
January 28, 2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by howzatt!
sourav ganguly could be the interpreter.

Cannot trust ganguly as interpreter. He may twist the words while interpreting.:P

AsifTheManRahman
January 28, 2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol

Oh no! Then I am totally wrong. So, its all Tendu betar fault.

kool. let's bash india for the next couple of days ;)

AsifTheManRahman
January 28, 2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon

... maybe we should hit him real hard on the head... causing 'memory loss' to make him forget the last 2 monthes... like in bangla movie?? :lol:

wont work. his memory will come back when he meets the heroine

DJ Sahastra
January 28, 2005, 10:52 AM
"kool. let's bash india for the next couple of days"

Yeayyyyyyyyyyy :joy::joy::fanflag:

Fazal
January 28, 2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
"kool. let's bash india for the next couple of days"

Yeayyyyyyyyyyy :joy::joy::fanflag:

Why wasting time?:-/

India is not playing with us now.

Lets continue bashing ZIM and start preparing for England Bashing.:joy::joy::joy:

paco
January 28, 2005, 11:02 AM
Aren't we being too harsh on Ashraful ???

Were we under the impression that since his 158* he would score a century in every game ?

He scored 2, 28, 32 (he would've scored much more if he didn't get run out by selfish Rajin), 42 (team top score), 13, 11 in his 6 ODIs since the test - so he's had two bad innings in a row .. let's give him a break.

Much has been said (and will be said) about how "he's not playing up to his talent and potential blah blah blah blah blah" - well guess what, almost no one does. So chill and let the boy play.

akabir77
January 28, 2005, 11:09 AM
Ash needs to talk to somebody who owns a company cuase he wont be in the team for long he scores like that so its better to start looking for a job while you have one:(

Ahmed_B
January 28, 2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

wont work. his memory will come back when he meets the heroine
Then we just have to 'Delay' the final shot of the movie.. when he meets the heroine! ;)

by then we might become WC champs in 2007! :D

Ahmed_B
January 28, 2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by paco
he would've scored much more if he didn't get run out by selfish Rajin
GOSH!.. u realy dislike Rajin to death!:-/

I wonder if you hav really watched what happened while the match!

AsifTheManRahman
January 28, 2005, 11:14 AM

Were we under the impression that since his 158* he would score a century in every game ?

He scored 2, 28, 32 (he would've scored much more if he didn't get run out by selfish Rajin), 42 (team top score), 13, 11 in his 6 ODIs since the test - so he's had two bad innings in a row .. let's give him a break.

Much has been said (and will be said) about how "he's not playing up to his talent and potential blah blah blah blah blah" - well guess what, almost no one does. So chill and let the boy play.

i agree that we are being a bit too harsh on him and should let him play.

btw - those stats were pretty ueful. he did not really underperform in BD standards by any means. his last 6 odi's yielded 128 runs at an average of 21.33.

paco
January 28, 2005, 11:20 AM
he would've scored much more if he didn't get run out by selfish Rajin
GOSH!.. u realy dislike Rajin to death!:-/

I wonder if you hav really watched what happened while the match!

No, I don't dislike Rajin. Yes, I did watch the run-out, that run could've been completed if Rajin wanted to.

Ahmed_B
January 28, 2005, 11:31 AM
Rajin did not want the run.. and he also indicated Ash to stop. Ash was just too busy & impatient as he very often is and paid no attension to his partner.. it's really Ash's own fault.

pagol-chagol
January 28, 2005, 12:08 PM

i agree that we are avbeing a bit too harsh on him and should let him play.

btw - those stats were pretty ueful. he did not really underperform in BD standards by any means. his last 6 odi's yielded 128 runs at an erage of 21.33.

Thanks for the stat. That clears up a lot. Here is another way of looking at this:

He scored 126 runs in the last 5 innings. Average 25.2.
If you take out the run out just to check how his batting has been - thats 126 runs for 4 outs. Average 32.5.

This undoubtedly proves that we have been harsh on him. "Kheatir Birombona". A lot of people even wanted to drop him.

Edited on, January 28, 2005, 5:11 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

Ahmed_B
January 28, 2005, 12:09 PM
However... It's important that Ash finds himself back very soon..

banglafan
January 28, 2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol

i agree that we are avbeing a bit too harsh on him and should let him play.

btw - those stats were pretty ueful. he did not really underperform in BD standards by any means. his last 6 odi's yielded 128 runs at an erage of 21.33.

Thanks for the stat. That clears up a lot. Here is another way of looking at this:

He scored 126 runs in the last 5 innings. Average 25.2.
If you take out the run out just to check how his batting has been - thats 126 runs for 4 outs. Average 32.5.

This undoubtedly proves that we have been harsh on him. "Kheatir Birombona". A lot of people even wanted to drop him.

Edited on, January 28, 2005, 5:11 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

There is an even better way of looking at it. If you dont consider the last 2 innings and leave the run out, he has an average of 51.0 in those 3 innings ((28 + 32 + 42)/2).
Isnt that better than Sourav Ganguly's average?
Lets not smoke Ash down! Ash will rise from the Ashes. Wait and see what he does to England. After Ash's performance Boycott will propose an England-BD Ashes.

Fazal
January 28, 2005, 01:29 PM
Even better is scrap all his scores and just keep the 158*.

Now feel better? Much better ? I thought so..:P

pagol-chagol
January 28, 2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Even better is scrap all his scores and just keep the 158*.

Now feel better? Much better ? I thought so..:P

That was sooooooooooo funny.

Bangla Mostan
January 28, 2005, 02:48 PM
Ash needs to talk to TAIBU then..because out of all the batsmen in the Zim series so far he has been the most consistent...making him the most likely player to get tips from.

al
January 28, 2005, 03:14 PM
we will se tonight how he does. final 2 odi may be his chance to prove

ZaKi
January 28, 2005, 05:07 PM
better he should call Brian Lara..

bop
January 28, 2005, 08:15 PM
Ash doesn't need to call any one.. it is Dav who need to tell Ash that if he can't play today than he will sit for next 6 months. that will do

cricket_pagla
January 29, 2005, 12:19 AM
TENDULKAR er STYLE FALTU.... aar ASHRAFUL INCOSISTENT...:flag:

left-hander
January 29, 2005, 12:56 AM
Ashraful should go back to opening the innings where he can play his natural game. He lacks the maturity to bear the burden at No.5 which is a tough position for any team in the ODI let alone Bangladesh who has the tendency of loosing 2-3 wickets in the first 20 overs.

bdmoderator
January 29, 2005, 02:05 AM
My idea is different.

I will call Tendulkar the Ashraful of India. :):D