PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what this says about our forum ...

RazabQ
January 27, 2005, 05:48 PM
I posted a very technical and educational article by Angus Fraser on seam-bowling: 143 views with 3 responses (not counting mine).
I post a excerpt of a Boycott criticism: 217 views with 50 replies and counting so far.

Go figure :-/

pagol-chagol
January 27, 2005, 06:00 PM
Now you know why Titanic was the biggest hit.

Rubayed
January 27, 2005, 06:35 PM
What the hell does this say about our forum? R u suggesting that people should have had more posts on the Angus Fraser article? I didnt get your point bro!

fwullah
January 27, 2005, 10:57 PM
There's a time for everything. If we were not in the middle of a series, then there would have been more replies to the Fraser topic rather than Boycott's.

Faceoff
January 27, 2005, 11:03 PM
it says that dont try to be a smart *** cuz we simply don care.

Flip Master Mick
January 28, 2005, 01:37 AM
its all about the runs and the wickets and the wins... the fascination with the mechanics and the art died with our inclusion in the test fold...

offcutter
January 28, 2005, 09:50 AM
razabq, don't kid yourself. This is a great forum. We are all emmersed is the goings on in Bangladesh right now. BD Vs Zim news is what we're harping on, not bowling instructions by some obscure cricketer. Yes, anything written by Angus Fraser is not a big deal. But thanks anyway for posting that.

akabir77
January 28, 2005, 11:06 AM
I didn't know angus could bowl... :E There u go this one got more post then your angus one..... Hmm now what do u think about this forum i guess.... Bengali doen't want to learn anything from a Bl...Y ENGLISH...

feisal
January 28, 2005, 12:36 PM
..... Angus could actually bowl very well and singlehandedly won MANY matches for England at the time when they were very mediocre side.. that includes a good aussie side in 1993, India in Lords... West Indies in Barbados where they were undefeated for 30 years or so.. his debut wicket was Steve Waugh, after latter scored 350 plus without being dismissed..

in 40 odds test matches 13 times he took 5 wickets and 2 ten wickets haul is there as well!!!!

Fazal
January 28, 2005, 12:46 PM
Who is Angus? Why should we need to read his article?

Oh... I guess ... it will give a us a better feeling that we are not just plain simple cricket fan but more as a atel kind of cricket fan?

Similar to the kids wanting to wear glasses so that they look cool... (i.e. nerdy)..

Ok I got it. Now add one more click. I just opened the article. (I cannot promise that I will read the whole though... hehe)

Now everyone is happy! Are we upgraded to the next class yet?

Edited on, January 28, 2005, 5:49 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Bangla Mostan
January 28, 2005, 02:46 PM
Angus Fraser...is goo but Enamul and Rafique, even chacha are better..because they are one thing that he isnt..they are bangladeshi..and i think they eat curry as well..:cool2:

feisal
January 28, 2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Who is Angus? Why should we need to read his article?

** he was agood enough test bowler. and there MIGHT be something insightful in that article..

Oh... I guess ... it will give a us a better feeling that we are not just plain simple cricket fan but more as a atel kind of cricket fan? Similar to the kids wanting to wear glasses so that they look cool... (i.e. nerdy)..

** no point in responding to that.

Ok I got it. Now add one more click. I just opened the article. (I cannot promise that I will read the whole though... hehe)

** well, i did not even open it.. the point is that some one posted it and that should not be disparaged the way it was. at worst, we can just ignore it..

Now everyone is happy! Are we upgraded to the next class yet?

** again, no response to that..
Edited on, January 28, 2005, 5:49 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Fazal
January 28, 2005, 06:17 PM
Bhai feisal I didn't respond to your original message but to the thread in general before your even responded. It just happend that you pushed the 'Post Reply' button a little bit ahead of me. Now it looks like I may have reponded your original msg.

But thanks for your effort and time any way.:D

Edited on, January 28, 2005, 11:17 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Zobair
January 28, 2005, 07:38 PM
Fazal! why the cockroach man?! I have the blood of too many of those on my hands...reminds me of unpleasant times...very awkward creatures.

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 12:38 AM GMT, by pompous.

RazabQ
January 28, 2005, 07:46 PM
ha ha pompous - i remember once we had a cleaning of our old house. With a sholar jharu I must have killed at least 200+ 'roaches that day...

bop
January 28, 2005, 08:10 PM
yea .. who is Angus Fraser?

bourny3
January 28, 2005, 10:02 PM
Angus Fraser played test and some ODI cricket for England. He was a seam bowler.

Fazal
January 30, 2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by pompous
Fazal! why the cockroach man?! I have the blood of too many of those on my hands...reminds me of unpleasant times...very awkward creatures.

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 12:38 AM GMT, by pompous.

Even though cockroach is a ugly insect, but they have some good quality.

They have their 'survival skill'. Regrdless of how much you kill them with your bare hand, spray, Jharu, Lathi, they some how manage to suvive and continue to breed, and breed and breed. Regarless of how much we want to get rid of them, once they are in your house, they manage to stay there forever.

Also they know how to survive in lean- and mean times (by hording fats in good time), and survive even on eating cardboards in bad times. Also they are used as a guinepig for r&d. I still remeber cutting frogs, earthworm and cochroach in biology lab.

Aren't we the BD cricket fans similar to 'cockroach' in the cricket community?

However if you still insist, I will change by it. Hmmmm.... how abaout a rat?:D

Spitfire_x86
January 30, 2005, 01:57 PM
Rats are better. I hate cockroach more than any other insect/animal.