PDA

View Full Version : Bad mood

Zunaid
January 28, 2005, 11:26 PM
I usually let criticisms about BD cricket pass by. Mostly, we deserve it, but for some reason I am unusually acerbic today.

In reference to something on Cricinfo here (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/FEATURES/ATY/29JAN.html)

So I let loose:

---
What kind of idiots write your columns and I quote

"January 29 down the years

The shortest Test in history, and a record even Bangladesh won't break."

These kind of derogatory write-ups just goes to show how "clever" your writers are. There is funny and there is funny. This is not. This is just mean and stupid. Why don't you just fire the git and get competent writers? Or can you not afford to pay real columnists?
----

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 4:38 AM GMT, by Zunaid.

Mahmood
January 28, 2005, 11:32 PM
:duh: Khaise!!!

Blah
January 28, 2005, 11:34 PM
Zunaid, you did the right thing. If I was on a bad mood I would have wacked someone's head with a cricket bat; or maybe not. :)

Jokes aside, we should not tolerate derogatory write-ups by below-per journalists.

Now get ready with that bat of yours...

Blah

SS
January 28, 2005, 11:40 PM
Dr. Z

Even a person like me is disgusted with this type of writings. Is there any code of conduct or law written in ICC code book about this type of discriminative comments. We should not tolerate this type of hostility and vindictive comments. I bet there should be a judicial law for publishing and also cricket code not allowing racial comments like these.

Zunaid
January 28, 2005, 11:45 PM
I would not go as far as to say this was racist. And ICC should have no bearing here. Cricinfo/Wisden is a commercial site and driven by market forces. Once we are able to yield financial clout like India/England/Asutralia, you will start fewer and fewer denigrating articles like these. Until then, all we can do is thicken our epidermis, accept valid criticism (we are often unable to do so), and complain till kingdom come when we come across idiots pretending to be writers.

BushidoTiger
January 28, 2005, 11:47 PM
Right on Zunaid..
To chorus along the similar line of yours: Tthere is criticism and there is criticism. Constructive criticism is fine. But, this kind of mean spirited and trying get a desperate grin at anybody's expense is no laughing matter.
I bet the dude who wrote was the bottom of the barrel in his journalism class (that is if he even bothered going to the Uni).
These guys - at Cricinfo/BBC or any other places need to no that BD or any other 'minnows' are not always gonna be their cannon fodder.

You handled your bad mood surprisingly well!! You're precise and to the point w/o being nasty.

I'm more like Blah..I probably would've sent a nasty response or given him a knuckle sandwitch in person :)

bourny3
January 29, 2005, 02:27 AM
You are quite angry and as you should be. Good calls.

bourny3
January 29, 2005, 02:28 AM
They have changed it now. Well done Zunaid.

Blah
January 29, 2005, 05:54 AM
Zunaid I am so proud of you.

Zunaid for president of bangladesh. Yes!!:flag::flag:

Can't believe they actually changed it, and this is the second time they changed something after complain.

Blah :)

Sham
January 29, 2005, 05:56 AM
I'm glad you used those exact words! They need some strong language!

fwullah
January 29, 2005, 10:10 AM
I think all is in the 'timing'.

Since we're winning now, so we're all charged up and the Cricinfo is also quite reactive to our comments or letters.

But will we be so charged up when we see such comments written on Cricinfo when say, if we lose to Australia by 150 odd runs in the coming tournament? Or, will the Cricinfo change their article as fast they did now?

oracle
January 29, 2005, 10:38 AM
Did the editors respond to your letter? And I mean a personal reply, not the automated stuff.. That's another thing- I have scant respect for sites that have a so called outlet for feedback but do not reply adequately.

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 3:38 PM GMT, by oracle.

Zunaid
January 29, 2005, 11:12 AM
When I had complained about an Andrew Miller error - Andrew personally responded and we had a nice chat. I have the utmost respect for Andrew.

SS
January 29, 2005, 11:13 AM
Dr. Z,

You are THE MAN. I wish all of us protest like this in every aspects and situations we face as a team.

Thanks

Shehwar
January 29, 2005, 11:18 AM
Zunaid Buddy.....Awesome job done......!!..Hats off to u...Wud u let me know where exactly to send our complains though....

Huda
January 29, 2005, 03:47 PM
ZUNAID BHAI, well done on you, i think they responded

The shortest Test in history, and a record no other match can break.

it doesnt say bangladesh here, they must have read ur email and took it into consideration just shows our points of view count.

Piranha
January 29, 2005, 03:59 PM
Dr. Z, well done. Looks like you have cured one (minor) ailment that has afflicted the cricket world: mindless criticism of Bangladesh Cricket by CricInfo.

Now on to curing the batting collapse problem....

Hasib
January 29, 2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by fwullah
I think all is in the 'timing'.

Since we're winning now, so we're all charged up and the Cricinfo is also quite reactive to our comments or letters.

But will we be so charged up when we see such comments written on Cricinfo when say, if we lose to Australia by 150 odd runs in the coming tournament? Or, will the Cricinfo change their article as fast they did now?

than we wud say "y target us"... we arn't the only team to loose badly against Australia..

mahmoodh
January 29, 2005, 07:53 PM
New construction of the sentence is seen:

The shortest Test in history, and a record no other match can break. And break is the operative word, because the first Test between England and West Indies in Jamaica lasted just 62 bone-crushing deliveries.
:bravo:
:fanflag: