PDA

View Full Version : would someone please teach umpire shaheen

cracky
January 29, 2005, 05:36 AM
this is the second time he gave out when the ball pitched well outside leg stump. first he gave out a zimbabwe player, now rafiq is his victim. Someone needs to teach this guy the basics of cricket.

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 10:37 AM GMT, by cracky.

Mr-khan
January 29, 2005, 05:38 AM
Where is he(shaheen? from? Bangladeshi umpire ?

Navarene
January 29, 2005, 05:39 AM
Can't blame them much...Shaheen and Nadir Shah are trying hard to impress ICC to get in the elite pannel.

Hasib
January 29, 2005, 06:47 AM
Giving bad decisions won't impress the ICC...

mind u... it wud be nice to have a Bangladeshi on the panel... as a test nation we DESERVE an umpire on the panal

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 11:48 AM GMT, by Hasib.

Ahmed_B
January 29, 2005, 09:52 AM
two more wrong decisions by him:

*he gave Berny Rojers out of Rafiq's ball when it was clearly going down away frm leg stump!

*Did not give Utseya out when Rajin bowled to him and the ball went in and almost clearly was hitting middle-off..

wht's this guy up to?!?!?!:duh:

ZaKi
January 29, 2005, 10:08 AM
& Nadir Shah gave bashar out... which was not clear at all...benefit of doubt always go to Batsman... but this time he prefers bolwer/wicket keeper :rolleyes:

jeesh
January 29, 2005, 11:29 AM
Nadir Shah has impressed all. But Shahin... well i dont think we will see him in a while.

Shehwar
January 29, 2005, 11:34 AM
Its really difficult for a right arm off-spinner coming from over the wicket bowling to a left-hander to pitch the ball within the stumps to actually hit the batsman infront of the wickets...99% of the time he will have to pitch it outside the leg stump for the ball to hit the wicket...Its really simple....& I honestly believe that umpire Shaheen doesn't even know the rule....I remember Chris Harris being given out in similar fashion in the last BD-New series, on that occasion it had pitched atleast 6 inches outside the leg stump....makes u wonder...does he really know the basic rule??.....Its really embarrassing to see such horrible mistakes from local umpires.......Wot else can u say...

ZaKi
January 29, 2005, 11:44 AM
Nadir Shah gave a wrong decision...when 1 camera angle showed Bashar foot behind the line & other angle showed not behind the line... in that case normaly umpire gives benefit of doubt to batsman... but Nadir Shah gave it to bolwer & wicket keeper....

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050129/all/l1325074.jpg

reyme
January 29, 2005, 12:12 PM
Umpire Shaheen has given many wrong decisions against BD. Long time ago it was U19 tornament, Shaheen did not give 2 very clear Caught behind for BD against Pakistan. Ever since, I had been following him, he has made so many mistakes and gave bad decisions against BD, I wonder how come he is still allowd to umpire. Some of the decisions tells he does not know the rules, and some are just too obvious biased decision. Because of guy like him, ICC did not take any umpire in the elite panel. For thier own sake, BD must remove this idiot.

reyme
January 29, 2005, 12:15 PM
BD umpires think by giving wrong decision against BD players, they will get promoted or something.

RussUNT
January 29, 2005, 12:36 PM
It was right after the most frustrating ICC cup where Bangladesh lost to Kenya by 13 runs. Kenya team came to Dhaka to prepare themselves for the World Cup in India. Bangladesh won the first game against Kenya thanks to umpire Shaheen. I still remember the headline in local news papers- I quote “Umpire Shaheen’s patriotism surprised everybody.” He is a real patriot, but in a wrong place. Umpiring in an international level must not mixed up with patriotism. You know the problem with these people they try to cover up and give some wired decision against their own team. Both are wrong. He can not make it right by giving two wrong decisions to make it even.