PDA

View Full Version : SL will come to BD this year

fwullah
January 29, 2005, 06:03 AM
Ten Sports channel (in South Asia) has shown advertisements of Sri Lanka's tour to Bangladesh - I think I had a glimpse along other advertisements of a 3 match test series and a 3 match ODI series.

If I'm right to see the correct thing, then that'll be a first ever 3 match test series ever held in Bangladesh.

RazabQ
January 29, 2005, 06:05 AM
oh god, Vaas and our batter's problems with indippers!
here's hoping we crack that nut :)

belal
January 29, 2005, 06:10 AM
bring it on srilanka:fire:

pilot fan
January 29, 2005, 06:14 AM
when will they tour

bhobishshot
January 29, 2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
Ten Sports channel (in South Asia) has shown advertisements of Sri Lanka's tour to Bangladesh - I think I had a glimpse along other advertisements of a 3 match test series and a 3 match ODI series.

If I'm right to see the correct thing, then that'll be a first ever 3 match test series ever held in Bangladesh.

We have play a three test series against Pakistan in pakistan. That was a three test and 5 ODI series. This would be a first ever 3 test home series.

fwullah
January 29, 2005, 09:56 AM
That's what I said - 'first ever 3 match test series ever held in Bangladesh'.

fwullah
January 29, 2005, 09:57 AM
I wonder which venues the test series will be played on.

Bangabandhu, MA Aziz - both stadiums have replacements in Mirpur stadium and Chittagong Divisional stadium, but which one'll be the 3rd test venue?

Mr-khan
January 29, 2005, 09:58 AM
When?

ZaKi
January 29, 2005, 10:00 AM
BKSP or Bogra Chandu Stadium

Sham
January 29, 2005, 10:03 AM
I dont think any of them are Test standard grounds. BKSP definitely isn't. As for Bogra, if we send them to play there, where are they gonna stay? I don't think there is a 3-star hotel there, let alone something better. It will have to be in Dhaka or Chittagong I would think, even the ground at Sylhet isn't Test standard and isn't about to get ICC certification anytime soon. BNS will probably get two Tests, unless they want to innaugurate Mirpur with one of the Tests.

reverse_swing
January 29, 2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Sham
I dont think any of them are Test standard grounds. BKSP definitely isn't. As for Bogra, if we send them to play there, where are they gonna stay? I don't think there is a 3-star hotel there, let alone something better. It will have to be in Dhaka or Chittagong I would think, even the ground at Sylhet isn't Test standard and isn't about to get ICC certification anytime soon. BNS will probably get two Tests, unless they want to innaugurate Mirpur with one of the Tests.

Ctg Div Stadium

Mirpur

and

Fatullah

ZaKi
January 29, 2005, 10:24 AM
Bogra Chandu Stadium is a good stadium.. main problem is hotel... new parjatan hotel is better... but not sure of thats capacity...

& Fatullah can be a choice... but main problem is distance....from Dhaka town....

btw, last year Loyed visited some stadium... what was his report ?

Mr-khan
January 29, 2005, 10:40 AM
When will Sl tour in Bd?

Sham
January 29, 2005, 10:50 AM
When I said Dhaka and Chittagong, I was thinking of all the grounds there, Fatullah, CDS etc as well. But the thing to remember is, some of these might be pretty good grounds with good stadium facilities, but to be a Test ground, you need a lot more than that. You need good dressing rooms, good media facilities etc. Do these grounds have that yet? We are gonna need ICC certification to have Tests played on these grounds, and they are going to look for all those things before they certify it as a Test ground!

Shehwar
January 29, 2005, 11:08 AM
PPL PPL!!!...can someone please clarify when exactly are they likely to tour..?....Cuz I haven't got a clue bout a Srilankan tour...!!!

Ahmed_B
January 29, 2005, 11:29 AM
As mentioned by Oracle Bhai (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=9166).. they are probably coming in September.

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 4:30 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.

ZaKi
January 29, 2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
As mentioned by Oracle Bhai (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=9166).. they are probably coming in September.

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 4:30 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.

but in that article Oracle Bhai mentioned that Srilanka host series for Bangladesh in feb'2006.

Ahmed_B
January 29, 2005, 01:16 PM
Yes.. that is also right.
Which means SL coming to BD in Sep'2005 & BD going to SL in Feb'2006.

bourny3
January 29, 2005, 08:15 PM
That would be good if it is a 3 match series.