PDA

View Full Version : A concern for the coming ENG tour

fwullah
January 29, 2005, 12:36 PM
*Fitness of Rafique in tests and Sujon in ODIs
*Inexperience and non-familiarity of majority of our players about the English conditions
*Batting technique of some of our players - I know, you'd say that I'm talking ruuuubbish, but I've seen our batsman play in perfect batting conditions against Zimbabwean pacers
*However, the major worry for concern above all is the expectation of us, fans - if we are to win the ODI series against Zimbabwe, then we'll be expecting to get a few wins - in unfamiliar conditions and against strong opponents - one of them is the mighty Australians!

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 5:37 PM GMT, by fwullah.

Sham
January 29, 2005, 12:40 PM
I have a lot more concerns about the England tour, but lets first let this series end, lets hopefully celebrate a one-day series win, and then we can discuss the impending doom that is the summer ahead!

little_master
January 29, 2005, 12:43 PM
fwullah too fast
Let's win the 5th odi on Monday... then we can think/explore

Pundit
January 29, 2005, 12:48 PM
Well, atleast we have our resident English dew expert Shams to complete all the right analysis and firing of warning salvos, to rely upon.

Mr-khan
January 29, 2005, 12:50 PM
Who will broadcast the BD-ENG series?

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 5:51 PM GMT, by mr-khan.

reverse_swing
January 29, 2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by mr-khan

I have just bought a ticket for the 2nd test (day 3-Sunday).Saturday (2nd test - Day 2) tickets have already sold out!

If you have a plan to go there then here is the link>> (http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/shop/shopping_cart/Search2.asp?uid=843972324&start=1)

for lord's test match >> (http://www.lords.org/articles/ar0000000470.asp)

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 6:13 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Ahmed_B
January 29, 2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by reverse_swing
tickets have already sold out!
I thought the English ppl din't take BD Test Squad seriously at all!!... and tickets r sold out?!:duh:

Now..that's surprising!

reverse_swing
January 29, 2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
I thought the English ppl din't take BD Test Squad seriously at all!!... and tickets r sold out?!:duh:

Now..that's surprising!

This is not at all surprising. In England always tickets are sold out specially in test series.

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 6:22 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Mr-khan
January 29, 2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by mr-khan

I have just bought a ticket for the 2nd test (day 3-Sunday).Saturday (2nd test - Day 2) tickets have already sold out!

If you have a plan to go there then here is the link>> (http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/shop/shopping_cart/Search2.asp?uid=843972324&start=1)

for lord's test match >> (http://www.lords.org/articles/ar0000000470.asp)

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 6:13 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Thanks a lot.Yes i have a plan.Now i m checking the link.

babon
January 29, 2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by crickethorizon

Now..that's surprising!

i think it is more to do with the NR bangladeshi ppl in UK.

Sham
January 29, 2005, 02:04 PM
Test matches against any side will get sold out in England. This is still a Test match watching country. They love watching their side play in whites, and especially against a side they are almost certain to win, the oldies with beer in hand will turn up in thousands.

I am planning to go to the first day of the First Test at Lords. Should be exciting! :)

Edited on, January 29, 2005, 7:05 PM GMT, by Sham.

Dhakablues
January 29, 2005, 02:42 PM
How many tickets are they selling though...is it only 240?

Bangla Mostan
January 29, 2005, 05:33 PM
i am hoping to go and watch Banglaesh play against England possibly near my house at the Oval stadium..or miht try and get hold of the lords one
but need to get hold of tickets.