PDA

View Full Version : Enamul got more applause, why not Rana?

mahmoodh
January 29, 2005, 08:08 PM
Enamul did a great job and so did Rana.
TV cam followed upto Enamul residence in city of Grenade- Sylhet.
Did they turn around to Khulna as well? I wish they did.
:umm:

Sham
January 29, 2005, 09:51 PM
there is a difference between three consecutive five wicket hauls in Test cricket, and two four wicket hauls in one-day cricket. I don't want to take anything away from Rana's contribution to our two victories so far, he played beyond my expectations, but lets not start comparing his feat to Enamul's!

Warlock
January 29, 2005, 10:08 PM
Sham, there you go again! What is this- your personal crusade against Rana?

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 3:08 AM GMT, by Warlock.

Blah
January 29, 2005, 10:11 PM
I agree with mahmoodh. Everytime any bd players play good tv cameras should follow them to their respective house and make a reality tv out of it.

Rana did good. But I don't see even any remote reason for comparison between the two's performance. Maybe if rana took 5 wickets in three consecutive ODI than we could think about sending a tv crew to his house. Untill than, hold on to your horses.

Blah:flag:

Sham
January 29, 2005, 10:15 PM
no its not my crusade against Rana. I like Rana. He tries. I just don't think his batting is good enough for the top order. But thats another matter.

Here, I'm just saying it like it is. Eighteen wickets in two tests is really something. Bloody hell, the English media followed Hoggard around for three days after he took 7 wickets against South Africa. Will they do it for a player who takes 8 in two matches in the coming odi series? No! Its not personal, thats just the way it is.

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 3:20 AM GMT, by Sham.

Zobair
January 29, 2005, 10:19 PM
Rana's bowling has been excellent in this series. Was looking at the highlights...he mixed it up pretty well...and got excellent turn off the pitch. Welldone! Keep it up.

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 3:20 AM GMT, by pompous.

Ahmed_B
January 30, 2005, 03:59 AM
I'm sorry.. but u can't really compare a Test win with an ODI win. The first one holds far higher value by every means.

Besides.. Enamul simply broke a world record & is highly recommended already as a future-star to keep an eye on!

by the way... nothing against Rana.. he will get more coverage if he keeps getting successes like this.. don't worry.

But if anyone compares this two 4 wickets in two ODI's (Be it Rana or Rafiq or Whoever!).. with those Test boost-ups... I would say thats a very poor comparison!

Shehwar
January 30, 2005, 04:15 AM
Suppose we Bangladeshis were given a choice of winning the Test series or the ODI series...Which one wud u have chosen..?.....Obviously the Test series..right..?....Anymore comparision needed between Enamul & Manjural ??....And anywayz who really gives a damn bout whoz better as long as we win both the series...!!...right ppl..?....Cheers..:flag:

ZaKi
January 30, 2005, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Shehwar
Suppose we Bangladeshis were given a choice of winning the Test series or the ODI series...Which one wud u have chosen..?.....Obviously the Test series..right..?....Anymore comparision needed between Enamul & Manjural ??....And anywayz who really gives a damn bout whoz better as long as we win both the series...!!...right ppl..?....Cheers..:flag:

ha ha ha yeah u right... lol... noone can compare Enamul's 18 wickets in 2 test with Rana's 8 wickets in 4 ODI...

If anybody wants to compare these two figures then.. sure he is a mad or don't understand whats the diff bet'n test & odi :D

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 5:51 PM GMT, by ZaKi.

Mon
January 30, 2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by mahmoodh
Enamul residence in city of Grenade- Sylhet.

Perhaps your want to change "Grenade" to Garden?:flag:

Ibrahim
January 30, 2005, 08:43 AM
there is a difference between three consecutive five wicket hauls in Test cricket, and two four wicket hauls in one-day cricket. I don't want to take anything away from Rana's contribution to our two victories so far, he played beyond my expectations, but lets not start comparing his feat to Enamul's!
It's too much that couple of guys just ciritizing or don't like Rana again and again. It's not a good idea to say samthing again and again, when he is doing really exceptional job. It's really annoying to see many postings against Rana here and there. The guy deseve a big salute

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 2:19 PM GMT, by Ibrahim.

Shish Ahmed
January 30, 2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by mahmoodh
Enamul did a great job and so did Rana.
TV cam followed upto Enamul residence in city of Grenade- Sylhet.
Did they turn around to Khulna as well? I wish they did.
:umm:

Grenade city - Sylhet ?? No need for silly remarks like this...

Sylhet is also part of Bangladesh. Sylheti's don't go round making comments of other parts of Bangladesh.

I don't care where the players come from in BD all i want is to see BD do well.

Can't say the same about you??

pagol-chagol
January 30, 2005, 12:07 PM
The difference between test wicket and ODI wicket is

about the same as

Goal in a real game and a goal in a tie-breaker.

Thank you Rana.

The diffence between Rana and Enamul is

Rana is doing great for us now but 10 years from now we will remember as much as Golla or even less.

10 years from now Enamul will have over 300 test wickets and the all time greatest player of Bangladesh.

He will be worshipped like Murali and Tendulkar are in their respective countries.

Bat-PadTogether
January 30, 2005, 12:09 PM
Iam fade up by these of bunches of Rana haters!!!

Mon
January 30, 2005, 12:48 PM
Love or hate should not constitute as a factor in selecting a team. I praise his fighting ability but it's the performance that should be taken into account. His ability as a batsman must be solid if he wants to be in the team. We don't need more offspinner as we already have Rafiq and Enam and other slow bowlers such as ash, rajin etc.

Winning 2 MOM match awards is not sufficient for his inclusion in the near future. The fate of the matches were determined by the toss. He did not do a match winning performance in the 4th ODI. Good luck to him anyway.

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 5:50 PM GMT, by Mon.

Navarene
January 30, 2005, 01:33 PM
He did not do a match winning performance in the 4th ODI

Really? Are you talking sense? I afraid not! It was Rana who gave the long awaited first break thru in the 23rd over when Matsikenyeri and Ragers were almost stealing the the match from Tiger's paws. And then he claimed some quick wicket to bring back Tigers heavily in the match! Who would you call a match winning performer then? Silly that some people are continuously biased to argue for an argument's sake.

Personally I am not a big fan of Rana, but at least we should act rational to give credit where it is due.

Shehwar
January 30, 2005, 01:41 PM
Agreed 100% with Navarene....The guy turned the match on its head...Without him the series wud have been a dead rubber.....Wots wrong with everyone here.....Yeah..Enamul is a better test bowler..fine..no priblems with that....But for God's sake...give the bloke some credit which he so richly deserves.....

Bangla Mostan
January 30, 2005, 03:43 PM
ITS SIMPLE..ENAMUL WON THE TEST SERIES FOR BANGLADESH...RANA HAS NOT DONE THAT YET...ALTHOUGHT THINGS COULD CHANGE...YES HE HAS TAKEN BACK TO BACK 4 WICKETS...BUT HE NEEDS TO WIN THE MATCH AGAIN TO SURELY GET THE ACCOLADE HE DESERVES..

bop
January 30, 2005, 08:45 PM
Rana did a great job in ODI .. but Enamul. Well the difference between Enamir and Rana is the Enamul will be the #1 spinier in the world with in next 5 years.

Hasib
January 30, 2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Sham

True...lets not compare them to each other... but when I say that I don't mean Enamul's performance was better and Rana's one wasn't as good or vice versa... what I mean I that one was in Test Cricket, the other in ODI. So they r totally uncomparable.

rana
January 30, 2005, 09:48 PM
Rana is the best:joy:

rana
January 30, 2005, 09:51 PM
Rana is another Rofic u know;)

desi_pride
January 30, 2005, 10:27 PM
Enamul 4life
:great:
greatest of them all

Edited on, January 31, 2005, 3:28 AM GMT, by desi_pride.

reyme
January 30, 2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Navarene

He did not do a match winning performance in the 4th ODI

Really? Are you talking sense? Personally I am not a big fan of Rana, but at least we should act rational to give credit where it is due.

These Rana haters either dont understand cricket or just posting biased and annoying posts. They should change their name to RANAHATERS, so we can ignore them altogethr and dont need to pay attention to thier silly posts.

One fella again complaing about Rana's batting here again. What a narrow minded pathethic display. Rana single handedly won the 4th ODI with his bowling, scored a quickfire 15, but he still complains about his batting. Who was talking about batting here? Just want excuses?

Edited on, January 31, 2005, 4:19 AM GMT, by reyme.

fab
January 30, 2005, 11:15 PM
It's important to realise that the probability of having a team of 11 super-talented cricketers at a given time will always be low and when there's no super-talent available it is better to have a fighter who is willing to work hard to get results (such as Rana in the past two ODIs). He should be given credit for his performance since he played well.

reyme
January 30, 2005, 11:29 PM
Look guys, what will happen after 5 years down the road, only time will tell. Thinking Enamul a 300 wkt taker, being a world famous superstar, comparing with Murali ans so is just silly and childish. How do you know? I have no problem if that happens, but making someone look good for "future" just to let someone look bad at "present" is just utter rubbish.

The way I see it, Enamul got a great assistence from the test wkt. If Rana would have played how do you know he would not have done better? How do you know? Maybe Rana would have outplayed Enamul.

Be realistic, when they are both playing in the same match, same pitch, then see who is better head on head. Looking in the one of one dayers, Enamul alreday lost to Rana, but taking 0 wkt as opposed to Rana's 4.

Please dont keep making excuses just to let Rana down. I just dont understand what is wrong with some people with Rana? Enamul deserve credit for his performance and so does Rana.

Mon
January 31, 2005, 10:58 AM
I had highly praised Rana for his performance in the 3rd ODI. The fourth ODI was the continuation of yet another toss-determined match. i think no one should have gotten the MOM award for that match.
Rana did a good job in the Final ODI. I hope when he gets the chance to bat he will do the same. It will be really interesting to see how the selectors pick the final 11 from all of these new on-form players. There is no dobut we have a better stockpile of players now.

Edited on, January 31, 2005, 7:16 PM GMT, by Mon.