PDA

View Full Version : Commentators like Arun Lal

mahmoodh
January 29, 2005, 08:15 PM
I heard clearly Arun Lal making joke with a shot Mashrafi took that was caught near the rope. Initial expression of Arun Lal was full of excitement and on review little later he said : it was a good hit though!
There are hundreds of example when Arun Lal openly seems siding the team playing against Bangladesh while others were rational. Why does he do so- he knows better.
But we can try to stop that.
Please Kazi Zunaid, tell us where should we write about this.
In another case when Crickinfo failed to broadcast full coverage of the 3rd ODI- did any one see any explanation why?
They should give that.
Thanks.

Piranha
January 29, 2005, 09:02 PM
Guys, we need to stop being so overly sensitive to every comment any tom, dick and harry makes. C'mon, the truth of the matter is that we are struggling to beat this new look Zimbabwe side, what do you think other people will say?

So often it is the case that the same people feel mortally offended when someone makes a snide remark about BD, but two minutes later joke about how the Kenyan cricket is all messed up.

None of these remarks are going to stop until we actually come up with real creditable victories. Until that day arrives, we'd better get used to it. The Zimbaweans and Sri Lankans managed fine when they were the whipping boys, why should we get all whiny?

mahmoodh
January 29, 2005, 09:07 PM
Agreed!
Problem arises when ONE does it so openly, so repeatedly that can not hide his/her intention. I had no opportunity to say the same against any other.
Even BD does exceptional good thing- Arun Lals stay the same- their nature. So you need to put some coat over the big mouth.:drool:

Zobair
January 29, 2005, 09:13 PM
I personally think its no big deal. He is a commentator, and he is paid to say what he thinks. Let him be! The best answer is with our perofrmance on the field. He is just one man. I have heard him say many good things about Bangladesh as well. We have to take the bad with the good. Let just stick to cricketing discussions and stop being overly-sensitive.

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 2:14 AM GMT, by pompous.

cricket_pagla
January 29, 2005, 09:38 PM
I AGREE WIT U GUYZ...
VALO KHELLEI... EI GULA KOIMA JAIBO...SO LETS HOPE SO....
:clap:

Zobair
January 29, 2005, 10:15 PM
cricket_pagla...please do not use CAPS when posting. It is against the forum rules. Thank you for your understanding :)

Blah
January 29, 2005, 10:18 PM
I think apart from Wasim Akram and perhaps Ravi there is no good comm in sub-con. Arun is bad, Sunil is worse and Atahar is outright emberacing with his limited vocubulary and don't_know_what_the_hell_he_is_talking_about attitude.

Dunno much about the other non-sub_con comms. But I bet they are better than this.

Blah

akabir77
January 29, 2005, 11:00 PM
You guys may think arun lal is not supporting bangladesh but i had few oppertunity to meet him and i know he thinks deeply about bd cricket and i guess it burns him more when he sees a foul shot and also personaly i think he wants hide that he love bd so he comments the other way... Anyway dont make hype on every comment.....

If you really want to kick some body kick that idiot Sharafullah and the other bd commentator: Last night when every thing was going so fine i heard one of them wanted nafis to play risky shots!!!! what do u say about that??? and after that actualy nafis got out and bd was in trouble

shujan
January 29, 2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah! Win! nobody will bother you anymore. Untill then it is part of the game. Suck it up!

Nachte naima ki ghomta dile chole.:)

fwullah
January 29, 2005, 11:08 PM
I'm surprised - Arun Lal is a 'good' commentator - 'good' in the sense that when he's commentating, you could almost guess his biasness 'in favor of Bangladesh', whereas most other Indian commentators are biased 'against Bangladesh'.

Mridul
January 29, 2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by fwullah
I'm surprised - Arun Lal is a 'good' commentator - 'good' in the sense that when he's commentating, you could almost guess his biasness 'in favor of Bangladesh', whereas most other Indian commentators are biased 'against Bangladesh'.

Arun Lal talks in favour of Bangaldesh beacuse...his mother tounge is Bengali

babon
January 30, 2005, 12:02 AM
Arun Lal talks in favour of Bangaldesh beacuse...his mother tounge is Bengali [/quote]

he happened to play for bengal, but he is not a bangali. he migrated to west bengal to get more exposoure early in his career. bangla is not his mother tongue.

Mridul
January 30, 2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by babon
Arun Lal talks in favour of Bangaldesh beacuse...his mother tounge is Bengali

he happened to play for bengal, but he is not a bangali. he migrated to west bengal to get more exposoure early in his career. bangla is not his mother tongue. [/quote]

may be u r right...i am not 100% sure though....however, he speaks quite good bengali

Rubayed
January 30, 2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Blah
I think apart from Wasim Akram and perhaps Ravi there is no good comm in sub-con. Arun is bad, Sunil is worse and Atahar is outright emberacing with his limited vocubulary and don't_know_what_the_hell_he_is_talking_about attitude.

Dunno much about the other non-sub_con comms. But I bet they are better than this.

Blah

U must be kidding me!! Wasim Akram is not even a very good commentator. He was a great player and talks positive about bd but he is simply ok as a commentator and will perhaps get better with time. Why do u find Athar embarrassing? I'm sure he has better vocabulary than u. U know what is EMBERACING;)????Your English spelling skill my friend! Brush it up b4 u r after someone accomplished like Athar Ali!

Hasib
January 30, 2005, 01:33 AM
We shud be proud about Akther Ali Khan commintating! He is the first Tiger commentator... he is the only one who will speak in support of us ALL THE TIME!!! coz he, like us is now also a fan. :fanflag:

roaring_tiger
January 30, 2005, 02:20 AM
to understand, whats inside Arun lal, just listen what he says in the 3rd ODI BD vs Ind highlights when mashrafi gets out to sachin (st.), sachin gestures to masri and everytime he does that Mr. lal says 'bye bye'....what does he mean?...the viewrs can't understand ...?...he was burning inside as Ind got the treatment by BD in the 2nd ODI...and aslo before masri got out in that match he did a lot of damage to sachin and co. bowlers....
I don't have any complains against mr. lal...'he is bad and let him be bad....who cares?'...he only has this job...only because he is indian and india had big influence in espn commentry team....good luck to him..:down:

AGC
January 30, 2005, 02:46 AM
Sachin should have been fined for that "bye bye" gesture.

BangladeshFan
January 30, 2005, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by AGC
Sachin should have been fined for that "bye bye" gesture.

sachin was saying bye bye to everyone he gets the wicket of in that match.....

there is nothing wrong in gestures, players in the field dont seem to mind it, many batsmen like bowlers coming at them because that pumps them up as well.:flag:

Shehwar
January 30, 2005, 06:14 AM
I personally never felt offended by Mr. Lal....I alwayz had a problem with Mr. Sidhu though.....Boy!...What I'd have done to hear him commenatate on that 2nd ODI versus India !!!....

chyicarus
January 30, 2005, 11:24 AM
ha ha ha! how 'bout bringing Boycott to commentate on some of our matches?!!! oh yes, Sidhu is a great choice!
Just like good students aren't neccessarily good teachers- similarly good cricketers aren't neccessarily good commentators. Such is the case with the likes of Waqar, Wasim, Maninder Singh, Ramiz Raja, Athar Ali(oops, he wasn't even a good cricketer) etc etc!
I would not even let Athar speak for free- he's a embarressment to our team and country- it seems he's senile and stutter's all the time, completes half a sentence before moving onto another sentence and lacks vocabulary(speaks a whole sentence when only one word can explain it)! One word to describe him- Pathetic!
About the other Bangladeshi commentator- they should go back to football. Nobody cares about commentary there anyways!

Bat-PadTogether
January 30, 2005, 12:18 PM
Arun Lal,often makes joke about us.It was enough of him while hearing live audios during Zim series.This man should comment neutral.Dont understand why Arun Lal is always his negative attitude against the Bangladeshi Players.