PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Manjurul haters now?

Rubayed
January 30, 2005, 12:21 AM
Where r those so called analysts who were analyzing Manjurul's cricketing talent? They will have to shut their trap for quite some time now!

AGC
January 30, 2005, 12:24 AM
Whats with all the negative posts nowadays. Its either attacking journalists who comment on BD cricket or its attacking other users on this board because of their views. Stick to cricket guys.

Hopefully we'll win the series! Go Tigers.

Zobair
January 30, 2005, 12:24 AM
There! There! Now that you have vented do you feel better ? :)

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 5:25 AM GMT, by pompous.

Rubayed
January 30, 2005, 12:36 AM
sure i do! I'd love to stick to cricket guys if only others wont impose their so called wisdom and do a post mortem on a cricketer such Manjurul's cricketing ability as if he was analyzing paper.

AGC
January 30, 2005, 12:38 AM
They are not imposing anything. They are sharing their point of view. You don't need to agree with them...

Rubayed
January 30, 2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by AGC
They are not imposing anything. They are sharing their point of view. You don't need to agree with them...

U r right, they were sharing their point of view and well, now i m sharing my point of view. I guess i have the right to disagree, dont i?

AGC
January 30, 2005, 12:51 AM
Agreed.

Zobair
January 30, 2005, 12:54 AM
sharing is caring. :) We are all fans...There is no harm in discussing and debating...but lets keep it friendly and non-confrontational :)

Rubayed
January 30, 2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks AGC

AGC
January 30, 2005, 12:56 AM
Manjarul really proved what he's worth in this series! I never thought he was this good. Hopefully he can keept it up. Go Manjarul! Whats his nickname btw?

Rubayed
January 30, 2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by pompous
sharing is caring. :) We are all fans...There is no harm in discussing and debating...but lets keep it friendly and non-confrontational :)
I agree with u pompous, my intention was not to be confrontational but just to get my point accross in my own way. If i sounded confrontational then i apologize!:)

abu_akif
January 30, 2005, 01:07 AM
Read in another thread, RANA has no technique, and no speciality in bowling, well, our genuine 'technique wala' players have much less ODI and test averages than him. What should I conclude from this?

howzatt!
January 30, 2005, 01:55 AM
i always believed in rana. i didn't get a chance to watch him play in real time (saw him play in so called live slide show), but for some reason i always thought he would prove himself valuable for BD cricket team, and i'm happy that i was right. congrats to Rana. GOOD JOB, KEEP IT UP.

29th January - The day so called "TALENT LESS" player saved the series for Bangladesh. First Bangladeshi player to win man of the match award in consecutive matches. First BD player to take 4 wickets in consecutive matches aswell. Match after match taibu was causing serious havoc to tigers. when all bowlers struggled to take taibu's wicket, rana sent taibu back to pavilion for a Duck (enamul did it in test too).

Spitfire_x86
January 30, 2005, 03:06 AM
Here's one "still Rana hater"

shaoun
January 30, 2005, 03:18 AM
rana has done something that no other bangladeshi players has done which is becoming man of the match in two match in a row. also taking 4 wickets in two consecutive matches. maybe he is not as talented as enamul haque jr but he is very good for odi. he is still young and has time and bowling with md rafique will make him even better player. good luck to rana in the future. him along with enamul haque abdur rajjak are the future of our spin bowling.

Sham
January 30, 2005, 06:21 AM
I dont know why people accuse us of having a personal grudge against Manjurul when they are the ones who are taking it personally. I don't think any of us who have criticized Rana, have said anything personal against him. We have analyzed his game and given given our views on it, as is our right on a Bangladesh cricket message board which exists to allow such discourse. Of course there will be dissenting opinions and debate, isn't that what makes this message board thrive in the first place?

Rubayed, since you have already "apologized" for seeming confrontational, I won't say anything much more about this that to say, grow up! No one is imposing anything on anyone and even if they were trying to, you don't have to read their views if you choose not to. But everytime Rana plays well, these 'where are the Manjurul haters now' threads are becoming idiotic. Just because we don't like his game doesn't mean we hate him. If he does well for the country, we feel just as happy as everyone else. Stop taking it so personally. Its cricket and lets just stick to arguing about his cricketing abilities rather than bickering at each other.

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 11:30 AM GMT, by Sham.

BangladeshFan
January 30, 2005, 06:45 AM
if lack of talent wins you MOM awards, it is better to have "no talent" like rana. what do you think?:lol:

al Furqaan
January 30, 2005, 07:49 AM
i have always been a FAN of RANA, and he is essential in ODIs as a bowler...in tests tho, he might function as a batsmen who can bowl a few overs

Sam
January 30, 2005, 09:04 AM
I believe Rana is going to replace Chacha in future with a inclusion of specialized batsman or bowler.

mahbubH
January 30, 2005, 09:15 AM
I did not like Rana in the ODI team. But Rana won two matches for us. I am happy for him. After seeing him taking four wickets in each of last two matches I am bit confused about his ability.

Blah
January 30, 2005, 10:10 AM
I don't know if there is any manjural-haters but I am sure there are alot of people who criticized him. Which includes me.

I think the critics were justified. His performance before this ODI was nothing more than below average. Maybe not so for BD standard. But ofcourse we don't want to be stranded to BD standard if we hope to be better as a team.

Zims are not a good spin playing team. I bet if ash was allowed to bowl a 10 over spell, he could do some serious damage. Not that I am trying to take away anything from Rana's performance, it's just that if you are going to take any series as a yard-stick to justify someone's talent. A tour of Zim is definately not one of them.

No, we will not "shut our trap". Who will talk when they play bad?

Whiner at best,
Blah

chyicarus
January 30, 2005, 10:31 AM
First of all, i would like to say- don't try to find hidden meanings behind a thread. The thread about Rana lacking technique was a discussion about his lack of ability to provide any support in Test cricket. We actually discussed that he's fine in one-day cricket, becoz in one-day technique is sacrficed for performance and scores!
In fact i can point out 9 out of the 10 players who has technique problems starting with our captain- but thats not the issue here- its too late for them to learn techniques now. They should be able to play with whatever ability they have nurtured.
This is not a personal war against 1/2 players; we all want our team to win. We are all happy and rejoicing after every win and even after good performances.

Shehwar
January 30, 2005, 03:56 PM
Lets make one thing clear here....We love every single of our players...I can assure u that u won't find a single Bangladeshi fan who wud want one their own players to perform badly...So..when u say Rana haters it doesn't really make much sense....Cuz some of the fans might not want Rana included in the squad but if he is....rest assured they'd be praying like hell for him to do well which wud ultimately enable the team to do well.....right bro..?...As for now...Rana is in terrific form & i hope he goes on to become the first Bangladeshi to win three consecutive MOM awards....

GO BANGLADESH !

Sham
January 30, 2005, 06:16 PM
I couldn't have put it better myself. You are absolutely right! You may argue and debate all night long about who should be in the team and who shouldn't, but once the team is picked and the players take the field, you get behind them, and that means each and every one of them. For Bangladesh to win a match, every players needs to play at his best, and thats what you want out of every player. We might be tagged as "Rana haters" but we dont sit there praying that he will get out or that he should get whacked around the ground and Bangladesh lose as a result just so that we can prove a point on a message board. Thats just idiotic! That is why these Rana hater threads are so annoying. Its not like we get depressed and hang our head in shame when Rana does well, we celebrate it just like everyone else!

ialbd
January 30, 2005, 06:40 PM
eikhane eto jhograjhati debate kore ke ki pailo Allah jane..... but I know there are a lot people out there jader kache amader desher bijoyer theke boro paoa aar kichu nai....

I am one of them .... and I am simply happy to see my desh winning....
________
CHEAP PORTABLE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.net/portable-vaporizers)

Rubayed
January 30, 2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Blah
I don't know if there is any manjural-haters but I am sure there are alot of people who criticized him. Which includes me.

I think the critics were justified. His performance before this ODI was nothing more than below average. Maybe not so for BD standard. But ofcourse we don't want to be stranded to BD standard if we hope to be better as a team.

Zims are not a good spin playing team. I bet if ash was allowed to bowl a 10 over spell, he could do some serious damage. Not that I am trying to take away anything from Rana's performance, it's just that if you are going to take any series as a yard-stick to justify someone's talent. A tour of Zim is definately not one of them.

No, we will not "shut our trap". Who will talk when they play bad?

Whiner at best,
Blah

Bro! i disagree with u, this is stubborness at its best. What makes u say that Ash would have got the same sort of result as Manjurul if he would have had bowled 10 overs? And what is so wrong judging a bowler when he does well agaisnt Zim, If we can praise Enamul for doing so agaisnt Zim, why not Manjurul?
Anyways...I agree with IALBD, we all celebrate when Bd wins but what is the fuss about teasing those people who said he has no talent. End of the day we all r bd fans so go tigers!

ialbd
January 30, 2005, 07:17 PM
One of the boro bhai in my university made a comment which I really found hillarious.....

He said,"Rafiq er bhaat marte first e ashche Enamul, aar ekhon laththi marte ashche Rana....:lol:"

P.S: Please take this as a joke only .... no serious mamla....

Edited on, January 31, 2005, 12:17 AM GMT, by ialbd.
________
Toyota team europe (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Team_Europe)

Rubayed
January 30, 2005, 07:27 PM
Hahahaha! good joke ialbd......we all know Rafiq is a quality bowler and he proved it against all the teams he played against,,,Manjurul or Enamul r very new and inexperience!! So we can only hope that we will find a bowler like our zinzira(rafique) in near future!!

AsifTheManRahman
January 31, 2005, 09:43 AM
i just hope rana gets more games after this

arafath79
January 31, 2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
i just hope rana gets more games after this

yes, i agree wid u.

AsifTheManRahman
January 31, 2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Sham
I couldn't have put it better myself. You are absolutely right! You may argue and debate all night long about who should be in the team and who shouldn't, but once the team is picked and the players take the field, you get behind them, and that means each and every one of them. For Bangladesh to win a match, every players needs to play at his best, and thats what you want out of every player. We might be tagged as "Rana haters" but we dont sit there praying that he will get out or that he should get whacked around the ground and Bangladesh lose as a result just so that we can prove a point on a message board. Thats just idiotic! That is why these Rana hater threads are so annoying. Its not like we get depressed and hang our head in shame when Rana does well, we celebrate it just like everyone else!

"raam gorur chana alert" ;)

Sham
January 31, 2005, 11:57 AM
which means what exactly?

Fazal
January 31, 2005, 01:53 PM
raam gorur chana...
Hashte tader mana...

Zephaniah
January 31, 2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Sham
which means what exactly?

It means you should eat humble pie!

Honestly I did see your point about Rana as no.6 batsman which is shambolic right. But you never came up with a solution correlating team composition. You just did the easy part - pointing out the problem. But for this Bangladesh team which struggled to beat a seriously depleted Zim side and has only 2 player above 20+ average in ODIs (before 5th ODI), Rana provides perfect foil for an ideal ODI player in sun-continental pitches.

Sham
January 31, 2005, 03:33 PM
I don't know whether you just missed it out or you just want to have a go at me at this point but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't just point out the problem. I also said that if we pick this team, Mashud should bat at 6, but preferably we should pick 6 batsmen! If you want me to be even more specific, I think Tushar deserves a chance in the middle order. He looked good when I saw him play, but he would get out to stupid shots. If Tushar does well for the A team, I would take him to England. I think he is technically reasonably sound and has all the shots. I think our problem in England with regard to the Test side will be in finding a solid opener. I might be proved wrong, as you guys have probably realized by now, that happens often, but I don't think Javed will survive for very long here. His technical shortcommings will be exposed very quickly on these seaming pitches. On the same note, I wouldn't send Rafiq out to open in ODIs in England either. He is effective on flat pitches, but he will struggle here!

ps. humble pie tastes quite good, you all should try some as well!

reyme
February 2, 2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
raam gorur chana...
Hashte tader mana...
Hashir kotha shun le bole hashbo na na na

Edited on, February 3, 2005, 1:24 AM GMT, by reyme.

Sham
February 2, 2005, 08:22 PM
How far back did you have to go to dig this back up? I have a feeling you are just trying to bring the topic back up to the top! I'll tell you what, just because I'm such a swell guy, if you ask me really nicely, I'll just top this thread, so you wont have to bother digging back and bringing this topic back up, it can just be on top till you have decided that you have had enough and then we can get rid of it! How does that sound?

reyme
February 2, 2005, 08:22 PM
In English Condition Mahmud will most likely be there, so where is the room for 6th batsman?
Rajin/Nafees/Aftab/Bashar/Ashraful/Mashud/Rana/Mahmud/Rafiq/Masri/Tapash

I dont see any openning. Who's head do you want now? If you think Chacha will be rep;aced by Tushar/Shahriar, I just dont see thats happening. They cant bowl, and are not consistent.

reyme
February 2, 2005, 08:35 PM
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll lower you to his level and beat you with experience."

Good one, I will keep it that way. Good bye.

Sham
February 2, 2005, 08:42 PM
Call me an idiot, I don't really mind because I couldn't really care what you think of me, but try to be original will you? I have spent enough time and effort on this board over a period of four years to have gained a certain bit of credibility. Try as you may, you won't be able to discredit that so easily. Sleepwell!