PDA

View Full Version : Can we win ODI-5 if we lose the toss?

Ahmed_B
January 30, 2005, 04:26 AM
:)
A very Important question..."will the series be decided by ODI-5 toss??"

Can BD take the sereis even if we lose the toss?
What will be the strategy if we have to chase to win?

Opinions?

roaring_tiger
January 30, 2005, 04:49 AM
most probably we have to chase then..so keep the target as small as possible...

roaring tigerz
January 30, 2005, 05:32 AM
i have a feeling of inevitability that we r gonna lose the toss...so i dare say that we will win the grand finale in style by batting second

Shehwar
January 30, 2005, 06:20 AM
We'll win it Inshallah...Toss or no toss....:flag::up:

Sam
January 30, 2005, 06:29 AM
It's a game, not lottery.
Insha'Allah we are going to win even it is by chasing.
But in that case our bowlers and fielders have to play a superb innings first to keep them within reachable.

ZaKi
January 30, 2005, 06:34 AM
if we bolwed out Zimbabwe with in 200/210 then we will win or :(

Mueid
January 30, 2005, 06:53 AM
smth inside me is telling me that we have to chase tomoro. but i m optimistic and looking forward for our first series win

shaheen
January 30, 2005, 06:53 AM
I still beleive that we can win present Zim team at any level whatever the situation is only if Bashar do a good Captain's knock. We really need a good performance from Bashar as a batsman as well as a Captain. To me it is always a question why Bashar do not use all his weapons while Zim bats well. Specially when BD needs to break the partnership between the Zim batsman. Bashar should use Aftab/ Ashraful/Rajin/Chacha in a attacking manner for the final match. Beside Rana, Masri, Rafique, Nazmul full 10 overs spell he should use other 4 parttime bowlers as a 5th bowler. Basically he got 8 bowlers to bowl.

Another point I would like to mention that Bashar removed the slip players at the very early stage of the game (a little bit defensive mood!). I would like to see more slip players when Masri bowls. Masri bowled just outside the off and a lots of edged four had been given by BD teams. I see a very good performances in the 5th ODI from Bangladesh if Captain do a good job in his last game.

As this is the last match of the series this is also the last chance to use Aftab as a bowler as a first changed bowler.
I think we need to keep this winning team for the decider one. If some one argues then we may ask Taposh to play by replacing Chacha (even though I would like keep him there for his experiences).

Hope Bashar will bring the first ODI series win for Bangladesh tomorrow. Good luck BD :fanflag:

Ahmed_B
January 30, 2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ZaKi
Yes.. agree with you.
Chasing anything beyond 220 under Floodlight is risky!

Incase BD loses the toss.. they must bowl and field excellent to restrict them within 200-220 to make it easier fot the batsmen.

Best of luck! :up:

reverse_swing
January 30, 2005, 08:54 AM
As we don't have play under floodlight so I think toss is not that indispensable here.Anything under 240 is attainable.

shaheen
January 30, 2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
Originally posted by ZaKi
Yes.. agree with you.
Chasing anything beyond 220 under Floodlight is risky!

Incase BD loses the toss.. they must bowl and field excellent to restrict them within 200-220 to make it easier fot the batsmen.

Best of luck! :up:

Final game is not a day and night game. So we just need to play our natural game; Then it will be closer to the win. If we bat first our batsman can play without any pressure on the otherhand if we bowl first then I hope Masri and Nazmul can use the early mornings dews in a properway.

Wish BD will win the match as well as the series. GOOD LUCK:fanflag::fanflag:

Zobair
January 30, 2005, 09:28 AM
I think we were in a good position in the second ODI to chase down the target but Utseya really made us struggle with his stingyness....If we can figure out a away to take it easy with him...and make up the difference from the rest we should be ok...the key is to stay relaxed and not panic...i say we will get third-time lucky if you have to chase.

Ibrahim
January 30, 2005, 09:29 AM
no doubt that our team is batter than Zim and there is good chance of wining this series, if all our best players are selected in the team

Ahmed_B
January 30, 2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by shaheen
Final game is not a day and night game.
Where did u get that info??:duh:

As I knew... it is Day-Night! The last 2 are supposed to be day-nights... and haven't heard it being changed yet.

Blah
January 30, 2005, 09:36 AM
has been changed, not a day-night game anymore. Cause Zim has to leave at night.

Blah

reverse_swing
January 30, 2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by shaheen
Final game is not a day and night game.
Where did u get that info??:duh:

As I knew... it is Day-Night! The last 2 are supposed to be day-nights... and haven't heard it being changed yet.

I think they have changed the schedule more than one week ago. Search last 10 days prothom-alo.

Zephaniah
January 30, 2005, 10:06 AM
I think we should win it, chasing or defending, to make a point that we're making improvemets in limited over format too. Honestly this is a seriously depleted Zim side and Bd team should win it to prove that we're atleast better tham Zim's. Though shocks and horrors awaits if we do reality check i.e. no other player except Rajin (and Rana with several not outs) has an ODI batting average over 20! Oh dear!

This is an important match and I'd like to see following tings.....

a) If Rajin doesn't play then a pincher, preferably Rafique, to open with Nafees

b) Rest of the line up remains same as 4th ODIi.e. Aftab, Bashar, Ash, Masud, Kaps. I wont terribly mind if I see Kaps before Masud, but if he fails again I don't want to see him dragged into the national fold in atleast 6 months time. I remember Basit Ali who scored a 65 ball hundred against Aussie very early in his career but disappreared soon after. Many people had talent but not other ingradients. Once he's dropped he should be glad that 'we remembered his name'!

c) Thinking about it, Tapash instead of Nazmul might not be a good idea.

Sam
January 30, 2005, 10:41 AM
This time we are going without our new-found set openers, Rajin-Nafis.
Much of the things will depend how Ashraf will perform as an opener. It is vital to keep the first wicket for a substantial time to boost the mental strength of the remaining players in case of a chase.

Sam
January 30, 2005, 10:47 AM
This might be the best possible chance to win the series against present Zim team, as the rebels are trying to comeback to the national fold.

http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/JAN/161424_ZIM_19JAN2005.html

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 3:48 PM GMT, by Sam.
Reason: Removed quotation

cisco-guy
January 30, 2005, 11:33 AM
If we win the Toss, we will have much better chance.
We are also the fighters. We fought back from 2 down to 2-2. So the morale is very high. Each player knows the responsibility. So, I have this fuzzy feeling that even if we lose the TOSS, we will chase the run successfully (just like Pakistan did against Aus today).

Nafis and Ash will be the key for the BD win. As openers, they need to set the pace (run rate about 5) for others to follow.

We have the best spinners in BD history while "Narail Express" Mashrafee and Nazmul can be dangerous.

WE WILL WIN - My bet :up::lol:

Bat-PadTogether
January 30, 2005, 11:40 AM
We are going to win if we set a target of 240 for the Zims.It is always hard to chase!If we need to chase first we have to bowl very well to keep the target below 180/200.Its a Do/Die encounter for both teams.For us a great oppurtunity to clinch 1st ever ODI series.I am sure the rebels are trying to comeback soon.

Mahmood
January 30, 2005, 11:58 AM
This is a day match, not a day-night match. Toss won't matter in this match. Simply the better team will win.

Ehsan
January 30, 2005, 12:00 PM
InshAllah we will win!

CTazim
January 30, 2005, 12:04 PM
I was reluctant to vote because of the verbiage on the option.

My vote is "INSHALLAH-- (and note on the emphasis) We will win the series even if we have to chase!"

--Joy Bangla!!

- The opinion stated here is strictly personal and not that of Banglacricket.com

Azim

sham1980
January 30, 2005, 12:16 PM
we will win as Zim are in the dump now.

Ahmed_B
January 30, 2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Rajputro
This is a day match, not a day-night match. Toss won't matter in this match. Simply the better team will win.
Toss has mattered in each of the last 4 ODI's so far.. in both day-night or day matches... but naturally in the Day matches, toss matters less.

Actually BD should aim strictly to Bowl very well.. no matter they win the toss or not...as our batsmen tend to collaps under pressure!

sadi
January 30, 2005, 01:12 PM
if top order does well again we should win this game....i think its time middle order should join the party.... sumon, ashraful and alok.....all of them are due for a big knock..... i hope it comes in this match....

Bangla Mostan
January 30, 2005, 03:39 PM
simple strategy.bowl them out cheaply..dont let them form any partnerships whatso ever..once they settle down..your in trouble..and play our natural game and win.:flag:

Mahir
January 30, 2005, 04:43 PM
Is it written anywhere that losing the toss means the game's also lost ?

Come on guys! BD is riding high confidence, and we all are praying that BD will win the series tomorrow regardless of the toss, which will be a crucial factor nonetheless.

BangladeshFan
January 30, 2005, 06:06 PM
:)
A very Important question..."will the series be decided by ODI-5 toss??"

Can BD take the sereis even if we lose the toss?
What will be the strategy if we have to chase to win?

Opinions?

if bd chase , i hope dav should go over to nafis and tell him to play anchor, dont think of SR....

if one opener can stay there, others will fiddle around, bd can chase anything below 275.

Ameer
January 30, 2005, 07:11 PM
The toss will have huge impact... but if you lose the toss, it does not mean you have lost the match.