PDA

View Full Version : Rajin is not playing 5th ODI?

mahbubH
January 30, 2005, 08:22 AM
Very bad news for us. BDkhela reported Rajin will not play in the 5th ODI.

bourny3
January 30, 2005, 08:30 AM
Why is he not playing. Is he injured or what.

Sam
January 30, 2005, 08:39 AM
Are you kidding?
I could not find anything in BDKhela.
Can you please post the link of the news?

Ibrahim
January 30, 2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by bourny3
Why is he not playing. Is he injured or what.
Yes he is injured. Probably he got hurt when he was fielding in the 4th ODI, I just remember, the commentators was talking about that he got hurt.

Sam
January 30, 2005, 08:43 AM
Rajin played a very positive role in the last ODIs.
Although he could not score much, but during his stay he supported Nafis to get the runs. Later on he was excellent with the ball. His spell was the tighest one and most economic bowling among all the bowlers of both the team.

mahbubH
January 30, 2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Sam
Are you kidding?
I could not find anything in BDKhela.
Can you please post the link of the news?

Source (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=11988&iCategoryID=1)

Sam
January 30, 2005, 08:54 AM
Thanx sports_fan_bd.
I am disappointed. The big question is : who is going to open with Nafis?

Mr-khan
January 30, 2005, 08:55 AM
Ashraful will open with Nafis.Rajin is injured.
Source:Channel i news.

Navarene
January 30, 2005, 08:55 AM
Yes. Rajin out, Kapali in (according to BDkhela)! I wish they were wrong.

We not only will miss Rajin's batting with his current form, but also miss his fielding. In fact he is a class act in ground fielding and one of the best in our team. Now I wonder who's gonna open the innings with Nafis. Its really a bad news ahead of the grand finale.

reverse_swing
January 30, 2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by mr-khan
Source:Channel i news. .

Ruddy hell:E

mahbubH
January 30, 2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by mr-khan
Source:Channel i news.

I thought Aftab would be the best choice. Sending Ash to open will make the middle order more thinner. Hope Alok will do something good tomorrow.

nasifkhan
January 30, 2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Navarene
In fact he is a class act in ground fielding and one of the best in our team.

One of the best..??????????? He is the best ........

Mr-khan
January 30, 2005, 09:06 AM
I think selectors are happy now.Alok is back and selectors have a good reason for that.I m thinking abt Alok and his present form.I hope Ashraful will play better but i m still confused abt Alok.Btw best of luck to alok.But toss win is important than alok's form.;)

Navarene
January 30, 2005, 09:07 AM
For once, I'd like to see Rafique opens with Nafis. If he clicks, he can get the best out of 15 over restriction. Sending in Rafique to open will also save our middle order intact. The last thing I wanna see is Ashraful as an opener. He is the best fit in the middle order.

mahbubH
January 30, 2005, 09:09 AM
For once, I'd like to see Rafique opens with Nafis. If he clicks, he can get the best out of 15 over restriction. Sending in Rafique to open will also save our middle order intact. The last thing I wanna see is Ashraful as an opener. He is the best fit in the middle order.

Agree, Rafique would be a good fit for opening with Nafees. But I think Rafique is not 100% fit. Somewhere I read he was strugling in "running between the wicket" in last match.

Bat-PadTogether
January 30, 2005, 09:11 AM
O no?I still hope Rajin will recover soon.He bowled some good overs in the last match!Probably the best fielder in our team.He injured himself while saving a certain four.

reverse_swing
January 30, 2005, 09:15 AM

Spot on. I concur with you..

Ibrahim
January 30, 2005, 09:26 AM
If Alok fail this time, then he will out of the team for ever...

Ahmed_B
January 30, 2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by nasifkhan
In fact he is a class act in ground fielding and one of the best in our team.
One of the best..??????????? He is the best ........
naa... he will have to compete hard with Aftab/Masree!:)
good to see so many spirited fielders on the side!

Anyway...it's not confirmed yet that Rajin won't play.. but if he doesn't..it's surely a big setback! :umm:

aosaif
January 30, 2005, 09:29 AM
it will require some real heroics if we are to win the decider. Who will step up and be counted?

Blah
January 30, 2005, 09:33 AM
This is funny the author in BDkhela goes like this.

"We need our openers to perform well like in previous games. We need rajin and Nafis to play a good innings for us to win this game. Oh by the way, rajin is not playing"

Duh!

Blah

BangladeshFan
January 30, 2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by reverse_swing

Spot on. I concur with you..

yah sending rafiq as opener will be the right choice i think. if rafiq gets out quickly, aftab will come and keep the rate going. nafis should be playing as anchor, someone should tell him to keep going and not throw his wicket away.

if kapali plays which is likely, he wil come at 6 and pilot at 7. pilot will cover if kapali fails(once again)

mahbubH
January 30, 2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Blah
This is funny the author in BDkhela goes like this.

"We need our openers to perform well like in previous games. We need rajin and Nafis to play a good innings for us to win this game. Oh by the way, rajin is not playing"

Duh!

Blah
:lol:

pagol-chagol
January 30, 2005, 10:05 AM
If BD khela only is saying this then it could be false as they are famous for creating rumors.

Rajin bowled after he got hurt in fielding. Actually he bowled the last over and got the last run out.

It will be devastating not only because Rajin is part of our set openning pair but also for he is a world class fielder. He is simply the best by miles. His intimidation on the Indian batsmen was a major reason we won the 2nd ODI with them.

If Rafiq isn't injured, I would say we could send him as openner. The only problem is that he could reinjure himself and his bowling could be screwed up if we bowl second.

I wish Rokon could sneak into the XI. Dream on...

Blah
January 30, 2005, 10:13 AM
I agree with pagol here. There has been some incident in past where bd-khela wrote pure-sh-i-t, that didnt turn out to be true.

For the sake of our team, I hope this is also true this time.

Blah

Bishwajit_Dey
January 30, 2005, 10:56 AM
Its a very bad news that Rajin Can't play but i think Alok is not a bad choice to put on the list, he had proven before that he is a good batsman, just he is out of form. So, to get his form back he should play some more and see if he could get his form back.
I think Rana would be a better choice for opening pair. He had done it before and he had done a pretty good job.
Think it over

chinaman
January 30, 2005, 10:58 AM
"Bangladesh are likely to make a change to the team that won the fourth match on Saturday by 58 runs.

Opener Rajin Saleh, who strained his left shoulder while fielding on Saturday, is set to be replaced by all-rounder Alok Kapali."

BBC >> (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4220531.stm)

pagol-chagol
January 30, 2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Bishwajit_Dey
Its a very bad news that Rajin Can't play but i think Alok is not a bad choice to put on the list, he had proven before that he is a good batsman, just he is out of form. So, to get his form back he should play some more and see if he could get his form back.
I think Rana would be a better choice for opening pair. He had done it before and he had done a pretty good job.
Think it over

Rana could be the guy. That would keep our entire batting lineup unchanged.

This is too important a game to experiment with. I like Alok, but I rather have Rokon in this game.

Ehsan
January 30, 2005, 11:08 AM
Sad news! :(

cisco-guy
January 30, 2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Originally posted by Bishwajit_Dey
Think it over

Rana could be the guy. That would keep our entire batting lineup unchanged.

This is too important a game to experiment with. I like Alok, but I rather have Rokon in this game.

BD Selectors are bringing Ashraful earlier. Ash will open with Nafis. Good thinking. Watch for some fireworks :lol:

jeesh
January 30, 2005, 11:35 AM
Fireworks well, Ashraful does make use of the first 15 overs. But what i fear about is the middle order.

Zephaniah
January 30, 2005, 11:36 AM
I would not like to see Ash as opener, but at no 5. He won us a match (v Zim) batting at no 5. Since he's not in good shape and our middle order looks paper thin in 5th ODi I would rather have him at no 5.

pagol-chagol
January 30, 2005, 11:40 AM
OK now we got 4 batsmen instead of 6.

Whats the record?

ZaKi
January 30, 2005, 12:44 PM
hai hai bole ki :o Rajin to darun form e chilo... akhon ki hobe ? Alok khela r na khela same kotha... So Bangladesh will face Zimbabwe with 10 players :-/ :duh:

al Furqaan
January 30, 2005, 01:12 PM
all those impatients who wanted rajin dropped not too long ago, rejoice!!!

sadi
January 30, 2005, 01:17 PM
i think ash should come and open....i mean middle order is failing no matter what.... pailot can come at number 5 and play a stable innings.... alok can come at 6... and trust me if ash can click..... we gona be in a real good position.......lets keep our finger crossed..... and hope for the best......

Spitfire_x86
January 30, 2005, 01:48 PM
Rafique should open, if Rajin can't play.

Shehwar
January 30, 2005, 01:52 PM
I feel Ash & Nafees shud open.....Ash shud just let the hell break loose...!!!..Go Bangladesh..:fanflag:

cisco-guy
January 30, 2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by jeesh
Fireworks well, Ashraful does make use of the first 15 overs. But what i fear about is the middle order.

Ok, let's see.

We have 4 solid Batsmen (high expectation from Ash):

1. Nafis
2. Ash
3. Aftab
4. Bashar

For the Middle Orders:

5. Masud
6. Kapali

Masud is playing great cricket.
Plenty of pressure on Kapali now. He has great stats and this is his last chance to prove and contribute.

For the Tail Enders, we have

7. Masrafee
8. Rafique
9. Rana
10. Mahmud

Each of them are fully capable of taking the Team to victory.

Not to expect much:

11. Nazmul

We will WIN :fanflag::):)

SunmAn
January 30, 2005, 01:58 PM
Chennel I just confirmed if Rajin get left out of first 11 then Ash'd open with Nafees IQB