PDA

View Full Version : BD's fastest bowler Zahid and Polash: 85 & 86 MPH

SunmAn
January 30, 2005, 12:03 PM
GP Pacer Hunt camp ends

Bangladesh Cricket Board has completed a successful fast bowlers' coaching camp in the name of GrameenPhone Pacer Hunt.

BCB in association with GrameenPhone had organised the talent hunting drive from district levels. Initially the bowlers who can bowl at a minimum speed of 75 MPH were invited to join the camp at district level. About 10,000 prospective fast bowlers attended the qualifying round camps in Dhaka, Chittagong, Comilla, Sylhet, Barisal, Mymensingh, Rajshahi and Khulna.

Finally 25 bowlers were selected to attend the final phase camp which was held at the Bangabandhu National Stadium on Wednesday.

National fast bowling coach Sarwar Imran conducted the camp. GrameenPhone Deputy Manager, Media, Moeen Tariq was also present at the final phase camp.

Zahid Hossain, a first year student of Jahangirnagar University, bowled the fastest delivery in the final camp by sending a ball at 86 MPH :bravo:. This 6 feet 2 inches bowler from Gazipur has impressed the coach with his speed, action and overall physical fitness.

Wazkurni Palash of Comilla became second with a speed of 85 MPH:bravo:. Palash played for Indira Road Krira Chakra in the recently concluded Premier Cricket League. Imran Hossain Nayon of Khulna bowled the fastest "82 MPH" delivery in the initial camp.

Coach Imran said he would submit a final list of bowlers according to their merits to BCB. He is very optimistic about the bowlers and said that at least a few of them would be fit to play at top level.

BCB would select a number of bowlers for a long term camp to be held at BKSP from next month. Eventually two or them would be sent to MRF Foundation Camp in India.
:flag:

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 5:04 PM GMT, by SunmAn.

cisco-guy
January 30, 2005, 12:11 PM
This is just great for Bangladesh Cricket!
A new dawn has begun.
:bravo:

Sam
January 30, 2005, 12:17 PM
It's really a nice hunt of pacers. I think a couple of such players with extraordinary performance can be sent to Australian Academy or similar institutions for a full course, so that they grasp all the arts of fast bowling.

ZaKi
January 30, 2005, 12:57 PM
yeah this is just great for Bangladesh Cricket..
but it's a old news for this forum...:down:

sadi
January 30, 2005, 01:10 PM
very exciting....add couple of miles because of the speed gun and we have atleast 2 bowlers bowling 90 mph......impressive no doubt...

Special 1
January 30, 2005, 02:32 PM
They need to learn english b4 going to australia

Shehwar
January 30, 2005, 03:18 PM
85 mph is very decent indeed....They now need to get the basics right...Lookin forward to seein em....:fanflag:

sham1980
January 30, 2005, 03:22 PM
Who is the fastest bowler at present in bangladesh? in order of speed,
I know who the best is in terms of speed and accuracy etc

Mashrafe?
Shahadat?
Talha?
Shafaq?
Tapash?

Mr-khan
January 30, 2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by sham1980@hotmail.com
Who is the fastest bowler at present in bangladesh? in order of speed,
I know who the best is in terms of speed and accuracy etc

Mashrafe?
Shahadat?
Talha?
Shafaq?
Tapash?
Mashrafee is the fastest bowler.

sham1980
January 30, 2005, 03:26 PM
you sure ... I hear Shahdat is the fastest .. then Mashrafe then Talha/Shafaq then Tapsh and rest

Mr-khan
January 30, 2005, 03:27 PM
Sahadats's present speed is 78 mile and Talha's 76mile.

reinausagi
January 30, 2005, 05:19 PM

Why?

BangladeshFan
January 30, 2005, 05:42 PM
86 mph from a 6-2 guy is really good.

quickest bowlers around the world (shoaib, lee) are not that tall. whereas the really tall guys like mcgrath, amrose or akram are not that quick. an 85 mph from a tall guy is almost like 95 mph from a medium height one....... thats because height is very important for fast bowlers. they get more bounce at the same speed and is always akward for batsman to play.:flag:

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 10:43 PM GMT, by BangladeshFan.

Mr-khan
January 30, 2005, 05:57 PM
86 mile is not the real speed because of speedguns error.Add 4/5 mile. Shoaib used to bowl 95-97 mile when he started his carrier but after 4-5 years he bolwed 97-100 mile and broke the world record(If i m not wrong). now he bowls 95-96.If Zahid hossain can bowl 91+ mile and after 2-3 years he will bowl 92/94 mile avg.

Ameer
January 30, 2005, 07:13 PM
Not true mr khan, the speedguns are highly accuracte nowadays.

shovon13
January 30, 2005, 07:36 PM
ameer...the speedgun used by BCB in this pacer hunt are different compared to those used by broadcasting companies. coach (richard mcinnis) pointed this out in a couple of threads on this forum. zahid is definitely bowling near 90 mph right now, if measured by an espn speedgun.

bdmoderator
January 31, 2005, 02:17 AM
I heard that this speed gun shows 4-5 MPH slower than the bowlers actual speed. If it is, than the two bowlers actual speed is 90 and 91.

Can anyone tell me what was the highest speed of SPEEDSTAR which was arranged by Indian Cricket Board few months before.

cricket_pagol
January 31, 2005, 04:15 AM
I am very happy with recent effort in developing cricketing infrastructure in bangladesh

AsifTheManRahman
January 31, 2005, 10:28 AM
tapash is probably the fastest right now

AsifTheManRahman
January 31, 2005, 10:28 AM
might sound weird, but he is :wow:

jeesh
January 31, 2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by mr-khan
Sahadats's present speed is 78 mile and Talha's 76mile.
Apply a little common sense my friend. Talha and Shahadat were brought just to inspire the others. I doubt they bowled at their full pace. What makes me say so? Talha bowls usually at 130 kph, and his quicker ones go past 135. 76 miles per hour is equivalent to 122.3 miles per hour. Surely Talha and Shahadat can bowl quicker.

cricket_pagla
January 31, 2005, 12:56 PM
These fast bowlers will extra dimension in our bowling attack... therei is no doubt about that!.... but still... BD spiners RULES:flag:

belal
January 31, 2005, 01:00 PM
it is not the speed that matters, you need the art to be a good bowler. Apart from the speed a good bowler is the one who can swing both ways and knows his line and length. He should be able to learn the weakness of the batsman too.

Ejaj
January 31, 2005, 03:03 PM
Well.. it wont be bad to start with a great speed . With time, they will be able to learn the more artistic sides of the fast bowling.

bourny3
February 1, 2005, 12:02 AM
That is impressive speed and they say his action is good. that is very good.

Hasib
February 1, 2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by reinausagi

Why?

what is the use of receiveing tips from the Academy if they don't understand what they r saying? But anyway... what makes u assume that they don't know english? (to the guy who said they need to learn it)

btw... its not Australian Acadamy its Commonwealth Bank Cricket Academy.