PDA

View Full Version : Future is Bright: Youngest BD Cricket Team in History

cisco-guy
January 30, 2005, 02:07 PM
We have 8 players now 22 yrs old or younger.
Only Bashar, Masud and Rafique are older.
The future is bright for Bangladesh Cricket
:fanflag:

Edited on, January 30, 2005, 7:08 PM GMT, by cisco-guy.

Navarene
January 30, 2005, 03:06 PM
Ok, I thought Chacha was also in his 30's.

Btw, I liked you outburst on the other thread;)

sham1980
January 30, 2005, 03:14 PM
Yes its true our future is bright:

1.Nafis Iqbal,
2.Rajin Saleh,
3.Aftab Ahmed,
4.Mohammed Ashraful,
5.Mashrafe Mortuza
6. Tapash Baisya
7. Nazmul Hossain
8. Enamul Hoque
9. Manjural Rana
10.Abdur Razzaq
11. Alok Kapali
12. MOhammed Sharif
13. Talha Juber
14. Shahdat Hossain
15. Nadif Chodhury
16. Nafis Ahmed
17. Shamsur Rahman
18. Mushfiqur Rahim

thats all that I can remember hope I have not forgotten any one

Zephaniah
January 30, 2005, 03:19 PM
I hope furure is bright. But all of 'em need to grow up at faster rate (in ODIs). Only Rajin Saleh's ODI batting average is above 20 (after recent purple patch). From here they can only improve, I suppose.

sham1980
January 30, 2005, 03:25 PM
for average of above 20 : I think Aftab, Nafis, Rajin, Ash can do it

Bangla Mostan
January 30, 2005, 03:29 PM
lets hope the future is indeed bright for out young team..

Zephaniah
January 30, 2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by sham1980@hotmail.com
for average of above 20 : I think Aftab, Nafis, Rajin, Ash can do it

Now this is bit of laugh!. Sorry mate.

I know they can do 20+ average and that'll help BD cricket team to remain where it is now! Though I'd prefer a decent around 40 average after 30-40 ODIs, I'd just settle (and cheer) for those who would cross half-decent 30+ average after playing 40 odd ODIs.

bourny3
February 1, 2005, 12:20 AM
Rana is also only 21

Mridul
February 1, 2005, 12:27 AM
I doubt almost all of these yougsters' ages are not the real age...but the certificate age

Nasif
February 1, 2005, 12:28 AM
Even if it isn't real, +2 years isn't a big deal. They all look young. None of them are 30 and saying they are 20. :)

Tintin
February 1, 2005, 12:36 AM
The Bangladesh team that played in the Jan 26 match had an average age of 23 years and 11 days. It is the youngest BD team ever.

The world record in this respect was set yesterday by Zimbabwe. Their average age was 20 years and 294 days.

Source :

http://www.cricket-online.org/STATS/ODI/teams_youngest.php

http://www.cricket-online.org/STATS/TEST/teams_youngest.php

shujan
February 1, 2005, 12:44 AM
Sri Lanka New Zealand 22y 340d

Asanka Gurusinha
Don Anurasiri
Roshan Mahanama
Aravinda de Silva
Champaka Ramanayake
Kaushik Amalean
Arjuna Ranatunga
Brendon Kuruppu
Keerthi Ranasinghe
Ravi Ratnayeke
Duleep Mendis

Number of them was in the world cup winning team years later.

Edited on, February 1, 2005, 5:45 AM GMT, by shujan.

betaar
February 1, 2005, 12:54 AM
I hope our batsmen don't try to match their batting average with their age.

jeesh
February 2, 2005, 11:41 AM
LOL! But the thing is many youngsters come and go! Think about Tushar, Hannan, etc etc. But this time we hope the current players are played consistently even if they perform poorly.

cisco-guy
February 2, 2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by jeesh
LOL! But the thing is many youngsters come and go! Think about Tushar, Hannan, etc etc. But this time we hope the current players are played consistently even if they perform poorly.

Yes, I tend to somewhat agree with your perception here.

However, this time these young players made history which Bangladeshis had been waiting for so long.

I have more faith than ever in this group of players, selectors and coaches. There is a new dawn in BD cricket and things can ONLY get better from here.

fwullah
February 2, 2005, 12:39 PM
I don't think Tapash has at least 10 years of International cricket left in him. He's already over-played. So leave him out of your 'dream world'.

bourny3
February 2, 2005, 07:24 PM
If you take out 3 players. Mashud Rafique and Bashar. the Average age would almost be in the teens.

Warlock
February 2, 2005, 07:46 PM
In his interview with Rabeed Imam, Ashraful said- BD is going to be in the top four in the international cricket ranking because we have the talents! Wow- that got my pulse racing! Top four! And Ashraful really believes that! Or he wouldn't have said that, right? Top four or not, if our players show such confidence and the talent is there undoubtedly- in a few years we would really be a competitive side, InshAllah. Despite our recent wins, a lot of people are still saying a lot of things about us- and it doesn't always feel very good (see another post called- "somebody reply to this idiot's post" in ******). I know we shouldn't care about those comments and play our game. But it would surely feel good to beat those countries and see what their arrogant fans say about us then.

reyme
February 2, 2005, 08:00 PM
If BD players go for the batting avg according to their age, then I see only Rana and Rajin are successful in the current ODI and Test squad.