PDA

View Full Version : About Bad umpiring Decisions

Hasib
January 31, 2005, 12:32 AM
Ok our local Bangladeshi Umpire gave bad decisions. But the truth is ALL umpires make bad decisions. Last night Umpire Peter "Porky" Parkar gave a bad decision against Pakistan... giving Inzy out when he wasn't. And remember Ashoka De Silva?

gladiator
January 31, 2005, 12:47 AM
Umpiring decision have alway been against pak, whenever they play australia. It doesnt happen that often against others. I think india was a victum of that tooo, when against aus. Maybe they think aussies are too good.

Hasib
January 31, 2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by gladiator
Umpiring decision have alway been against pak,

unless ofcoarse we r playing them and Ashoka is umpiring...

cricketfan
January 31, 2005, 01:18 AM
It is OK as long as both teams suffer equally from these bad decisions. The problem about some umpires(e.g. Bucknor, Asoka de silva) is that non-Asian batsmen do not get that many bad decisions from them. As far as the fifth ODI is concerned, if the local umpire gives equally shocking decisions during BD innings then that may balance the situation.

Shehwar
January 31, 2005, 01:58 AM
I just felt Pommy Mbangwa made a real big deal out of it while commentating....It was nice to see Athhar Ali Khan responding in the way he did though....

Shubho
January 31, 2005, 02:06 AM
Well, Pommie Mbangwa was pretty justified in coming down on Mahbubur Rahman like that. He's Zimbabwean, we all know he's Zimbabwean, and he feels robbed. Rightly so. We went downright crazy when Ashoka da Silva gave our batsmen out incorrectly. I think a Zimbabwean is more than within his rights to protest when his team is seemingly robbed. Yes, umpires make mistakes, but this many - I believe it's 4 bad decisions in 3 matches - reflects very poorly on umpires. And the fact that these umpires were Bangladeshi makes it all the worse! Consider also the fact that this depleted Zimbabwe side cannot really afford bad decisions against them, and you have a real mess. If we win this match, there will be howls of protest. If we lose this match, there will be howls of laughter. I really hope we completely dominate when we bat so as to nullify the effects of these bad decisions.

bdmoderator
January 31, 2005, 02:12 AM
Ashoka isn't a good umpire from my view. He gave a lot of bad and wrong decissions.

Shish Ahmed
January 31, 2005, 04:53 AM
Oh no!! Don't mention Ashoka... What a Shocker:bird:

Mahir
January 31, 2005, 05:19 AM
but honestly, Nadir Shah is a much better umpire than Mahbubur Rahman, which he has a reputation of amongst local media and players, and it's beyond my why Nadir Shah stayed as the 3rd umpire throughout the ODI series. He did a fantastic job in his booth, and each n every of his decision were correct. Ravi Shastri pointed this out many times.

mahbubH
January 31, 2005, 05:24 AM
May be Nadir Shah did not favor "important" teams as Mahbubur Rahman did.

In the last league Mahbubur Rahman saves DOHS by calling a NO ball at which the no 11 batsman was bowled by Btothers' Indian seamer Kumaran. At the end DOHS won that match and the league.

fwullah
January 31, 2005, 05:32 AM
All Bangladeshi umpires are not bad. You mention Nadir Shah, there is also Akhtaruddin Shaheen, who is a pretty good umpire.

I won't mind if Zimbabwe Cricket Board complain against Mahbubur Rahman to the ICC. We all know how bad an umpire Mahbubur Rahman is, we just can't do anything about it because of some internal politics inside the board.

mahbubH
January 31, 2005, 05:35 AM
>> All Bangladeshi umpires are not bad. You mention Nadir Shah, there is also Akhtaruddin Shaheen, who is a pretty good umpire.

He was the umpire of the 4th ODI and declared Rafique lbw of a ball that pitched outside of the legstamp. I guess there is thread about his umpiring too.

Edited on, January 31, 2005, 1:30 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

cricket_pagla
January 31, 2005, 08:25 AM
YES Mahbubur Rahman is a awful umpire... in the IND VS BD match, he gave some bad decision against BD too.

bourny3
January 31, 2005, 11:11 PM
What was the decision he made. Was it against Zims. Well obviously because of Mbangwe.