PDA

View Full Version : Where are Aftab Bashers??

Ejaj
January 31, 2005, 05:53 AM
I had been waiting for Aftab to score someting to show his potential so that I can write someting about him. So, I waited and when i saw that he is comming to number 3, I just knew, that I will be able to write this very soon . Finally, it came today. MAny of us just wanted to rip him out of the team and include someone like Rokon. I saw many games of Rokon and saw some from Aftab, and If I were to choose one of them , then beyond any doubt, I would pick Aftab.. This boy has what it takes to become a batsman, just like Rajin, Nafis and Ashraful. I was sad when i saw him failing for some matches, but, I alawys had this hope that this boy will turn his back soon. The innings that that he played today.. I dont think, anyone should even argue about his quality even when he is not getting score. I am not a Rokon hater, but.. guys.. these new generation of players are soo much better than last generation , that, it wont be any good to bring those players lacking techinque and attitude towards the game. Anyway.. Lets hope that.. we get more quality players like Nafees, aftab, Rajin and soon will be winning against more accomplished sides in the world.

LOng like Bangladesh Cricket Team.

shujan
January 31, 2005, 05:59 AM
Ejaj you couldn't find a better time for this thread. I had no doubt about Aftab. I know he is one of the best. I am looking forward to watch this young players. They got better attention from very early age. They will show the benefit of that. Just awesome! What else I can say about Aftab.:fire:

Ejaj
January 31, 2005, 06:10 AM
Ya.. Loved these new breeds of players. Hope to get few more like them in few years. Just like Coach Mccines, I am also quite excited about comming under 19 players. I am sure, one or two international quality players will come out from there.

Long live Bangladesh Cricket Team.

shujan
January 31, 2005, 06:15 AM
Coach Mccines is very upbeat about the new U19 team. He must have seen something there. I just hope this young crickters can keep it going in the right direction in midst of wealth and fame. Just awesome.

Shish Ahmed
January 31, 2005, 06:32 AM
With players like Shariar Nafees Ahmed, Shamsur Rahman, Shafaq al zabir and Shahadat Hossain waiting in the wings the future is definetly looking bright for Bangladesh cricket.

Looking forward to these boys perform in the A Team soon.

Warlock
January 31, 2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks to Mr.McInnes- I don't know what he taught to these new bunch of guys- but each of them rocks!

cricket_pagla
January 31, 2005, 07:49 AM
he's a great al-rounder! don't forget his bowling guyz!:cool:

Spitfire_x86
January 31, 2005, 07:51 AM
The title of the thread should be, "Who wants Rokon in the team now?"

Shish Ahmed
January 31, 2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86

You wanted Rokon and Tushar in the team!!!

The question is for you spifire x86

Hasib
January 31, 2005, 07:55 AM
LOL here we go again... another "Where are the ________ Bashers??" thread :D

oh yeah... Aftab from memory didn't have a lot of bashers...

allrounder
January 31, 2005, 09:48 AM
Aftab and Nafis lacks footwork. They will have hard time with spinners because they hardly bend their knee or play front foot.

Spitfire_x86
January 31, 2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by SHISH AHMED
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
You wanted Rokon and Tushar in the team!!!

The question is for you spifire x86
I never wanted Rokon in the team. I said that if someone among these two must play, I would pick Tushar instead of Rokon.

arafath79
January 31, 2005, 10:01 AM
Aftab Bashers!!!! :rolleyes::wow::(

reinausagi
January 31, 2005, 10:06 AM
Solid feilder too.

reinausagi
January 31, 2005, 10:10 AM
BD finally won a ODI without Chacha;)

Does this mean that he is finally surplus?

Shish Ahmed
January 31, 2005, 11:05 AM
I think chacha is very close to being Surplus. But i think he should have his last hoorah in England in the ODI's.

Mon
January 31, 2005, 11:06 AM
i don't really remember anyone ever bashing Aftab! Good job Aftab! :)

cricket_pagol
January 31, 2005, 11:46 AM
I am happy that Aftab has been able to silence his critics.

I hope that BD fans would understand that the players go through phases... it is important that we support them in their difficult times. There is no doubt about the determination of these players... they are workijng really hard as a team.

jeesh
January 31, 2005, 12:01 PM
Yeah he was in total control. No slogging, just aggressive dominant batting. Fantastic temperment too. When it comes to Aftab, Nafees and Ashraful the three big talents, Aftab always lagged behind. Today Aftab made his stride. With all the shots in the book Aftab can go way ahead of the other two.

cisco-guy
January 31, 2005, 12:06 PM
With players like Shariar Nafees Ahmed, Shamsur Rahman, Shafaq al zabir and Shahadat Hossain waiting in the wings the future is definetly looking bright for Bangladesh cricket.

Looking forward to these boys perform in the A Team soon.

I am just hoping that BD selectors will include these talents in Bangladesh A team that will be touring Zimbabwe next week.:fanflag:

fwullah
January 31, 2005, 12:27 PM
For once, I'm glad that I'm not in the 'bashing list' of bashing out of form batsman.

I was bashing at Rajin, Ashraful, Kapali. At least 2 of them hit back at me.

But I was not bashing at Aftab - I was on the list of those who were insisting on giving him a few chances - for that, I'm grateful to myself. :fanflag:

fwullah
January 31, 2005, 12:28 PM
Also, I was bashing at Enamul Junior in bowling, Mashrafee.

fwullah
January 31, 2005, 12:34 PM
They will have hard time with spinners because they hardly bend their knee or play front foot. - What are you talking about? Nafees is a perfect example of a front footed player. He is very uncomfortable on the back foot. It is against good quality fast bowlers that Nafees will have 'real' problems.

pagol-chagol
January 31, 2005, 12:38 PM
Several things wrong with this thread.

1. There was very few Aftab bashers to begin with. Its not like Rana, Chaccha or even Ashraful. Some people mentioned his footwork against spin needs to improve. But, nobody doubted him except for some short memmory new comers who started judging him on the 2 tests only conveniently forgetting the India ODI series.

2. People didn't want to replace Aftab with Rokon. Most people who wanted Rokon wanted him at the 6th position where Alok played.

BD Tigers
January 31, 2005, 12:52 PM
not taking anything from Aftab and others but this Zimbo's attack is not very powerful and we played on our own backyard. now that we know how to win, i'd really like to see how they handle England in their own backyard. Lack of footwork will be a major problem there. I hope next few months all the batters work on it.

Chacha will still be in the ODI because of England weather.

Fazal
January 31, 2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by fwullah

I was bashing at Rajin, Ashraful, Kapali. At least 2 of them hit back at me.

But I was not bashing at Aftab - ....

Me too. I was waiting after ENG tour. Sh[][]t, this kid deprived me of that opportunity. Then who is next?

I still have Kapali on the list...:D

Ejaj
January 31, 2005, 02:54 PM
well, I didnt really look for lowering Rokon or someone else. It is just, when Aftab wasnt scoring much and Bangladesh lost 1st two ODIs, i remember many ppl simply want to change Aftab and really questioned Selector's selection of Aftab when some other players were performing well in the domestice league. And I vividly remember that, i replied to one of the thread about this with asking ppl to have patience on this new lad. anyway.. I sincerely didnot post to lower someone , but, more importantly, this thread is about keeping believe in these players who are actually damn good talent and kind of well prepared.

Please.. No bashing.. :lol:

Long live Bangladesh cricket team

Fazal
January 31, 2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Ejaj
Please.. No bashing.. :lol:

Which one?

No more Aftab Bashing? Or

No more Bashing of 'Aftab Bashers' :-/

Ejaj
January 31, 2005, 03:00 PM
haha.. u r rite Fazal abt this bashing stuff. Sorry for misunderstanding.. i meant.. this whole Bashing thing. We should have some patience with our players.

bourny3
February 1, 2005, 12:00 AM
Were there any aftab bashers. I couldnt here or see any. Well done Aftab.

Pundit
February 1, 2005, 12:02 AM
Were there any aftab bashers.

Tonight they are bashing Pundit.

:(

Hasib
February 1, 2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Pundit

Were there any aftab bashers.

Tonight they are bashing Pundit.

:(

:D

Pundithi korar shomoai chintha koraan-na?

Hasib
February 1, 2005, 01:14 AM
I think chacha is very close to being Surplus. But i think he should have his last hoorah in England in the ODI's.

he isnt surplus... he is a vital member of the team.

jharna
February 1, 2005, 01:43 AM
bondhura amar akta email adress dorkar.amar friend sanwar hossain ar. o jatio dole khelto age paile keu plc post koiro
jharna

rockpundit
February 1, 2005, 03:38 AM
I really have to congratulate Aftab for that super batting performance. Total control, no excessive slogging.. just perfect. Rafique too was brilliant with both the bat and the ball. Lets just hope that the bd team along with 'certain' fans of the team dont get overconfident - I actually heard someone say that Australia is nothing for us now. What we need now is just a bulk load of sincere hard work.

The new breed of players are indeed excellent in both temperament and technique. Nadif and Shamsur seem to be real talents hopefully we'll be seeing them win a few matches for us in the near future. On the same note we really shouldnt forget our slightly more aged stars such as Rokon, Mahmud or even Tushar.

Ejaj
February 1, 2005, 06:35 AM
Well. nice to see so many ppl actually supporting Aftab. :great:

And.. yes.. we r not forgetting the ppl who actually became a role model and helped creating this new breeds. So.. Even though..I dont really support inclusion of Rokon on Aftab, But.. I still have my utter most respect for all these old guys..

Long live Bangladesh Cricket Team

solaimanuk
February 1, 2005, 09:56 AM
Will b more great news if we hv seen Bashar gave him 100 runs chance