PDA

View Full Version : Now is the Best time for Chacha to retire gracefully.

pagol-chagol
January 31, 2005, 12:43 PM
Shabash chacha.

You've been splendid. We need your brain in the BD team management for the rest of your life.

This is the perfect time for you to retire. New talents are popping up from everywhere. You have done a good job so far. If you retire now all Bangaladeshi fans will remember you as the guy who left us with so much. If you try to continue in the England tour chances are the bounce and swings will be too much for your 40 year old reflex. After that tour all your fans will be happy to get rid of you.

So, please please, get Faruq's assistant's job..

Thank you chacha.

Sincerely,

Your Pagol bhatija.

Shehwar
January 31, 2005, 12:53 PM
I feel chacha still has a lot to offer...& he'll be more than handy in seaming english conditions....:flag:

Kana-Baba
January 31, 2005, 01:02 PM
Yes, in England, certainly we will use 1 spinner. Chacha can be very useful as seam bowler in England.

pagol-chagol
January 31, 2005, 01:04 PM
We all can name 10 pacers who would be better than Chacha in English condition.

AsifTheManRahman
January 31, 2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol

i dont think so. i have this blind faith in chacha that causes me to believe that he would be the ideal choice in england.

Shehwar
January 31, 2005, 01:24 PM
:up: I'm with u Asif THE MAN Rahman......Cheers..

Spitfire_x86
January 31, 2005, 01:27 PM
I want Chacha at least till the end of England tour.

Fazal
January 31, 2005, 01:46 PM
Yes, this should be a good time for ChaCha to retire. However I wouldn't mind if he retires after ENG tours. He may turn out to be effective in that tour (one-day series).

I will miss him though. He is a true fighter, overcome his lack of god gifted talent, and prove his critics wrong again and again.

May be Not. Now we have Rana. I hope Rana learns those traits (fight against all odds) and continue to contribute to the team besides his so called bad batting technique and so called ordinary bowling.

mwrkhan
January 31, 2005, 02:21 PM
Who is Chacha?

Mr-khan
January 31, 2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by mwrkhan
Who is Chacha?
Khaled mahmud sujon.

mwrkhan
January 31, 2005, 02:29 PM
Is he older than Rafiq? (who by the way is the same age as I)

Bangla Mostan
January 31, 2005, 02:30 PM
Chacha should retire now and be in the management team selection right now...it was a great pleasure to have his service for Bangladesh and it will be long remembered and hopefully used as inspiration. So well done man!

ZaKi
January 31, 2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by mwrkhan
Is he older than Rafiq? (who by the way is the same age as I)

yes he is older than Rafiq

ZaKi
January 31, 2005, 02:46 PM
yeah, Chacha will be a key bowler in England condition... So, at the moment don't need retire... but he can dec that he will retire after ENG tour... or that will be his last Series... :)

Ejaj
January 31, 2005, 02:59 PM
I dont think, he should retire now.. since, he can deliver when matters. many will argue abt his form wth battings.. but, just remember the 1st ODI, he almost snatched out the match when everyone failed along with Taposh. So.. let him play as long as he is atleast delivering someting or atleast some one better not replacing him. Moreover.. Chacha is a great inspirational player and fighter in the team and hope to see him finish his career in high node.

Mahmood
January 31, 2005, 03:11 PM
Actually Chacha offers more than just his bowling or batting.His people skill, motivationg ability, experience everything helps the team. I say, he should continue untill he is needed by the team then retire. If he is never needed in England tour, then he may consider retiring. After all, what ever is better for the team should come first.

pagol-chagol
January 31, 2005, 03:20 PM
Chacha,

Due to the strong pressures from my friends in this forum ami amar abedon potro withdraw korlam. Maaf koira dien.

Odhom bhatija Pagol.

shaoun
January 31, 2005, 03:22 PM
khaled mahmud is not older then rafique. he never said anything about retireing and i dont think he will retire anytime soon. the guy still has alot of offer and with all these young guys we need some experience players. i think khaled mahmud will try to play until next world cup.

pagol-chagol
January 31, 2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by shaoun
khaled mahmud will try to play until next world cup.

Brother, I am beginning to think that he might play in the 2011 and 2015 world cup too.

Zobair
January 31, 2005, 04:50 PM
I think Javed Omar should consider retiring now...we need the experience of Chacha in the ODIs...

oracle
January 31, 2005, 05:02 PM
Considering that we will play World Cup in the West Indies, I doubt chacha will be going. But England tour - yes, good chance.

sham1980
January 31, 2005, 05:04 PM
can all those ten give you the commitment and heart that he does, can those ten bat a bit, have all those ten got experience under english condition .......and we comtinue

Mon
January 31, 2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Rajputro
Actually Chacha offers more than just his bowling or batting.His people skill, motivationg ability, experience everything helps the team. I say, he should continue untill he is needed by the team then retire. If he is never needed in England tour, then he may consider retiring. After all, what ever is better for the team should come first.

I agree with above. Shujon is a highlty spirited player who inspires the whole team. My view of chacha took a 180 degree turn after i recently saw him play against Zimbabwe. i would leave the arguing against his inclusion to the other members.

akabir77
January 31, 2005, 05:54 PM
CHACha is called chacha just not for his age its his exp and how he deals with others and team mates sp dave showing effection to him every one calles him CHACHA and so do we...

I want to see him in england were he is the raza of performance and i am afraid to say this but i am guessing mushfiq babu will do better there to including aftab ... all medium pacers/slow pacers will do better there....

pacers will get hit if they don't ball line and length....

So CHACHA go on:great:

Hasib
January 31, 2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol

go on... im waiting... i know i can't

Wazim
January 31, 2005, 08:28 PM
He doesnt need to go out now. Whenever he goes will be graceful. He has done alot to help Bangladesh cricket. Not just Bangladesh cricket, but cricket alone. To me, he was one of the founding fathers that brought back left arm spin(along with Vettori)

bourny3
February 2, 2005, 03:00 AM
If Cacha retires and takes Faruqs job that is good. If he doesnt retire and still plays ODIs that is also good. So it is a plus either way.

cricketfan
February 2, 2005, 03:08 AM
It is the right time for him to retire in my mind when he is at the top. This situation may not last for ever.