PDA

View Full Version : Rafiq Retiring Soon???!!!!

cisco-guy
January 31, 2005, 12:48 PM
I just watched Channel-I video clip (thanks to lalbd and chinaman).

Rafiq gave a hint that he may not play that long.

Why?????
He is just 34. So many players older than him are playing International Cricket.

Shehwar
January 31, 2005, 01:01 PM
Really...?.....On the other hand I heard him say he wanted to play the next World Cup !!.....& that wud be in 2007....I don't see any probs in Rafiq retiring after 2 years.....By then Junior & Rana wud be ready to take along the duties on their very able shoulders....cheers..

Fazal
January 31, 2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Shehwar
Really...?.....On the other hand I heard him say he wanted to play the next World Cup !!.....& that wud be in 2007....I don't see any probs in Rafiq retiring after 2 years.....By then Junior & <b>Rana</b> wud be ready to take along the duties on their very able shoulders....cheers..

Shhhh... don't even mention that name. Some people will have sleepless nights, nightmares and 'tummy hurt' just reading that name... shhhh.....

cracky
January 31, 2005, 01:50 PM
LOL

Originally posted by Fazal
Really...?.....On the other hand I heard him say he wanted to play the next World Cup !!.....& that wud be in 2007....I don't see any probs in Rafiq retiring after 2 years.....By then Junior & <b>Rana</b> wud be ready to take along the duties on their very able shoulders....cheers..

Shhhh... don't even mention that name. Some people will have sleepless nights, nightmares and 'tummy hurt' just reading that name... shhhh.....

ZaKi
January 31, 2005, 02:04 PM
lol.... yes Rafiq mention that he will retireing after next World cup that mean in 2007... so, don't worry another 2 years to go... by this time Enamul Rana & others will come...:great:

Spitfire_x86
January 31, 2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
yeah, RANA SUX :P

Edited on, January 31, 2005, 7:07 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

laki
January 31, 2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by ZaKi
lol.... yes Rafiq mention that he will retireing after next World cup that mean in 2007... so, don't worry another 2 years to go... by this time Enamul Rana & others will come...:great:

That's a relief! After WC99 win against Pakistan, Rafiq announced retirement. That's why, many supporters were getting nervous to hear him telling that he might not be around for long.

Bangla Mostan
January 31, 2005, 02:31 PM
We need Rafique for the next few to install technique and wickets and provide ongoing service to the batting line ups and he is a class which will be hard to replace easily....although we have haque jr and rana..but rafique is different...his 113 just proves his class with the bat as well.

sham1980
January 31, 2005, 05:16 PM
He is not retiring trust me .... look at the hunger he still has bowling endlessly

bourny3
February 1, 2005, 12:08 AM
He wont retire he is our best player. No way will he retire.

cricket_pagla
February 1, 2005, 08:37 AM
:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:
EAST OR WEST... RAFIQ IS BEST!

jeesh
February 1, 2005, 11:52 AM
Rafiq till 2007! Inshallah!

bdmoderator
February 1, 2005, 12:38 PM
Actually he wish to retired after 2007's World Cup.