PDA

View Full Version : Two BD 'A' teams?

aosaif
January 31, 2005, 06:00 PM
If you check out the schedule of the BD A tour to UAE and Zim, and also the BCB XI tour to India to play in their Duleep trophy, clearly the two tours are clashing. Are we going to field two second-string sides? I don't think it'll be a bad idea to send our national team under the banner of BCB XI to india, just to keep up the form (or find form in some cases).

By the way....BANGLADESH ZINDABAD! :fanflag:

Hasib
January 31, 2005, 07:56 PM
The "A" team first goes to UAE than Zimbabwe. The BCB XI isn't gona be the full side

akabir77
January 31, 2005, 08:19 PM
BD is making two teams and 2 me the A team is weaker then the XI

Kana-Baba
January 31, 2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by aosaif I don't think it'll be a bad idea to send our national team under the banner of BCB XI to india, just to keep up the form (or find form in some cases).

Frankly speaking it will be a very bad idea. We should not over utilize our players. Players like Bashar, Rafiq, Golla, Sujan, Pilot are mature enough and they are familiar with Indian condition. They have nothing to gain from India trip at this stage of their career. We should not send Masri and Taposh as well because they run high risk of injury.

However, we should send a semi-national team which contains young and promising players from both he national team as well as out side of the national team. From national team we should include the following players-

1. Rajin Saleh Alam
2. Nafis Iqbal
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Mohammad Ashraful
5. Alok Kapali
6. Manjurul Islam Rana
7. Nazmul Hossain

Plus few more promising players who are not in the national team (as well as A team) now but performed well in domestic cricket. May be you can suggest few names here in this thread.

Just as a reminder the list of the players going to UAE and Zimbabwe with A team are given below:

Shariar Nafees Ahmed (Captain), Shamsur Rahman, Tushar Imran, Sanuar Hossain, Saqib Al Hassan, Raqibul Hassan, Dhiman Ghosh, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, MohammAd Sharif, WasselUddin Ahmed, Shahadat Hossain Rajib, Sk Russell and Shafaq Al Zabir. Enamul Haque Jnr will join up with the team in Zimbabwe.

Edited on, February 1, 2005, 5:18 AM GMT, by Kana-Baba.

bourny3
February 2, 2005, 03:20 AM
I think JO should go to India along with Hanan Sarkar.