PDA

View Full Version : How did Lara commit this blunder?

mahmoodh
February 1, 2005, 12:09 PM
West Indies skipper Brian Lara won the toss and opted to field first, but his decision backfired as their support bowling proved inadequate. - BBC
:down:

AsifTheManRahman
February 1, 2005, 01:31 PM
the match was fixed

Fazal
February 1, 2005, 01:49 PM
Same way you commit a blunder by post this thread in <b>'Bangladesh Cricket" </b>and not <b>"International Cricket".</b>

People make mistake....

btw: :clap: someone just moved it back to >"International Cricket". Well atleast your blunder is fixable but Lara.. "Good bye. see you next year"

Edited on, February 1, 2005, 7:06 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Darkwarrior
February 1, 2005, 01:59 PM
just a coincidence

Ameer
February 1, 2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
the match was fixed

And Bangladeshis always get their panties in an uproar whenever Pakistanis say that WC 99 match was fixed. Hypocrite. On what basis are you saying this except that you wanted WI to win?

Edited on, February 1, 2005, 11:36 PM GMT, by Ameer.

Sultan
February 1, 2005, 06:36 PM
Ameer,

I guess the Bangladesh and Zimbabwe match was a fix as well ? :umm:

Ameer
February 1, 2005, 06:38 PM
It's disgusting really... the toss was a good one and if Pakistan won it, they would have chose to bat first. So Lara did the right thing in bowling first, his blunder was that he wasted all the overs of Collins and the other good bowlers and the last 8-9 overs were given to second-string bowlers.

Sultan
February 1, 2005, 06:47 PM
^ Agreed. If Inzi won the toss, he would've bowled first too. The pitch is a bowling pitch, not batting, but Pakistan managed to get a huge score because Lara wasted his good bowlers in the start, and was later left off with part timers for the finish.

Ibrahim
February 1, 2005, 07:07 PM
Sultan, u need a strong man (or woman) to carry the flag. The poor guy looks really tired. LOL.

Ehsan
February 1, 2005, 07:10 PM
ATMR, Why would you say the match was fixed? Did you know the pitch condition or atleast watched the match? Pakistan and West Indies are unpredictable sides, so whenever they play each-other the result is always uncertain. Didn't expect this from you ATMR. NO, the match was not fixed pakistan played better.

And this is for all the Paki bros:
BD's win against Pakistan. Wasim said it himself! Whoever thinks that match was fixed are simply losers! Accept it: BD outplayed Pakistan on that match.

Edited on, February 2, 2005, 12:11 AM GMT, by ehsan.

Ameer
February 1, 2005, 08:23 PM
ehsan,
I'm not denying that. BD won fair and square. I was just noting that it's rather hypocritical for a Bangladeshi to say this match was fixed and then get in an uproar whenever a Pakistani says that WC match was fixed.

Anyways, back to the topic. Lara is a great batsmen but I think he is not such a great captain. I suspect he was trying to pull a Ricky Ponting and it failed miserably. West Indies does not have the bowling like Australia to use up their main bowlers by the 42nd over.

Sultan
February 1, 2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Ibrahim
Sultan, u need a strong man (or woman) to carry the flag. The poor guy looks really tired. LOL.

LOL. True. Only if I were good with Graphics I could possibly get that job done! :D But Unfotunately, I'm not good with animated GIF's! ;):lol:

Tehsin
February 2, 2005, 12:17 AM
There are almost 200 million Bangladeshis and I won't be surprised if they had 200 milion views on the same issue (you get the point). No reason to jump in and call Bangladeshis hypocrite because of one man's comment. Compare the two post and tell me which one is worse.

By the way, Bangladeshis and panties in the same sentence ? Was that really necessary. DELETE the post NOW.

Sultan
February 2, 2005, 12:45 AM
Tehsin, Last time I checked, Bangladesh's population was around 130 - 140million mark.. Since when did it it reach 200million :info:

Indonesia is at 200million, and is the most populous muslim state.

Tehsin
February 2, 2005, 12:51 AM
Have you been to Bangladesh? ;)

BTW, It crossed 150 million in the early nineties.

mahmoodh
February 2, 2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Sultan
Tehsin, Last time I checked, Bangladesh's population was around 130 - 140million mark.. Since when did it it reach 200million :info:

Indonesia is at 200million, and is the most populous muslim state.

We supply human heads faster than most other nations (most have better brain than Lara, Naimul was an exception) and let the best ones down like Kibria's once in a while (our PM gave green signal to Police Officers like Kohinoor and we will soon see either Nasim or Noor down on the road, Ehsan master is no more available to let down)- and we have Asma Kibria well who knows what will happen at 4:00 PM on Friday next- on streets of the country- 150 million souls will come to street minus a few who think that they are immune to all social feeling and limits their sense within Z-A, not A to Z.

Zobair
February 2, 2005, 02:27 AM
ATMR was being a smart-bottom. He was kidding! Ameer are you sure you are not the one over-reacting?

chyicarus
February 2, 2005, 02:57 AM
I don't any logic behind calling any game that Pakistan win against a strong opposition and losing against a weak team as fixed. I have only one word to describe this situation- "unpredictable"! Thats what Pakistan team have been from the time i remember watching my first game!
In another post i asked why Younis Khan wasn't chosen to play- when he's in such terrific form- and somebody replied with a "match-fixing" article reply- which really didn't answer my question- but made the dude look like a retard!
Why can't we get a straight forward simple answer?!

fab
February 2, 2005, 03:54 AM
Lara's reasoning behind fielding first was that they are naturally better at chasing. They did well though, reaching 277 was good, just not good enough. They just gave away too many runs to the Pakis.

gladiator
February 2, 2005, 10:57 AM
I think that chasing was a better option by all means.
WI's bowler have have little success against pakistan. Collins doesnt have a single wicket against pakistan in 3 matches, yet he has 8 againt aus in 3 matches.
Also Pakistan's bowling has not been good either, so batting is the strong point for each team.
The 2 tosses that pak won, inzi sent WI in for batting. Lack of bowlers make it easy to chase big totals.
280 was chased like it was nothing.
340 was a good total, but still the losing team scored a good 280.
I am sure, in this situation anyone would have chased.
And it was a good secision too. The match was theirs, had it not been the awesome bowling of rana.
So far i havent seen anybody bowl better in the tourney then rana was in the last match. He was swingin at 145 kmph, and got injured as well. He limped back to pavillion and came limping back to finish the overs(unlike some bowlers we know) and got 2 more wickets. The PBC praised his effort a lot as well. He was the difference between WI and pak in the last match.

AsifTheManRahman
February 2, 2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by pompous
ATMR was being a smart-bottom. He was kidding! Ameer are you sure you are not the one over-reacting?

exactly. oi miara ekta faizlamio bujhen na? ekta kisu koilei ekkere tiring koira lafay uthte hoy?

AsifTheManRahman
February 2, 2005, 12:31 PM
please translate in urdu :), because i really don't know how to put it in english without changing the meaning even a teeny weeny bit...hehe

Edited on, February 2, 2005, 5:32 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

mahmoodh
February 2, 2005, 12:35 PM
A win against mighty Aussies will be enough for Pakistan. Two will make Indian fans concerned about the ensuing series. A strong Pakistan will emerg with wins against WI and Australia.:o

Sultan
February 2, 2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by tehsin

Bangladesh Population statistics:

Between 130 - 145million according to sources.

http://www.discoverybangladesh.com/meetbangladesh/statistic.html

141,340,476 (July 2004 est.)

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/bg.html

Bangladesh's population according to 1991 census was at around 111million

http://www.library.uu.nl/wesp/populstat/Asia/bangladg.htm

According to 20020 census, Bangladesh's population stood at 133million

http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/world_statistics_by_pop.htm

Basically, your claims of Bangladesh having 150 million people is completely wrong. Altho, Bangladesh will cross the 150 million mark in the coming years. But it hasn't crossed it yet! :)

Sultan
February 2, 2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by chyicarus
I don't any logic behind calling any game that Pakistan win against a strong opposition and losing against a weak team as fixed. I have only one word to describe this situation- "unpredictable"! Thats what Pakistan team have been from the time i remember watching my first game!
In another post i asked why Younis Khan wasn't chosen to play- when he's in such terrific form- and somebody replied with a "match-fixing" article reply- which really didn't answer my question- but made the dude look like a retard!
Why can't we get a straight forward simple answer?!

Well, whoever said that Younis Khan didn't play because the match was fixed, that dude must've been really out of touch with the Media.

Let me tell you why he didn't play. His father passed away on the day Pakistan won against Australia. Younis Khan went back to Pakistan to attend his father's funeral.

People make up such dumb reasons without knowing real facts! :down::down:

Zobair
February 2, 2005, 02:55 PM
hehe Sultan! I think Tehsin bhai is referring to the inaccuracies in the official census results...a lot of people slip through the cracks...There is no SIN or SSN number to keep track of people...and not all births are registered...the margin fo error is pretty high on those estimates.

Originally posted by Sultan
Originally posted by tehsin

Bangladesh Population statistics:

Between 130 - 145million according to sources.

http://www.discoverybangladesh.com/meetbangladesh/statistic.html

141,340,476 (July 2004 est.)

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/bg.html

Bangladesh's population according to 1991 census was at around 111million

http://www.library.uu.nl/wesp/populstat/Asia/bangladg.htm

According to 20020 census, Bangladesh's population stood at 133million

http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/world_statistics_by_pop.htm

Basically, your claims of Bangladesh having 150 million people is completely wrong. Altho, Bangladesh will cross the 150 million mark in the coming years. But it hasn't crossed it yet! :)

Fazal
February 2, 2005, 03:31 PM
Whether Bangladesh crossed 150 mil or not, what is has to do with Lara's blunder?

Unless Lara has something to do with all those sites.

Edited on, February 2, 2005, 9:48 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Ameer
February 2, 2005, 04:44 PM
200 million people in Bangladesh would be like the whole world's population in two-thirds of mainland USA. That's crazy.

OK, I did overreact, big deal... you all would do the same if somebody said that about Bangladesh winning to Zimbabwe was fixed.

chyicarus
February 2, 2005, 05:21 PM
Actually i made the suggestion about Younis Khan- before the match he played(after which he flew back to Pakistan)- but look at how many matches he played in this series? Just 1- that too- the last game- and non against Australia. And i was even more shocked that Shoaib Malik was chosen over Younis- even though he can't bowl. Younis could be used as a utility player- by replacing Kamran and Pakistan then have the luxury to bring in another batsman, bowler or all rounder!

Ameer
February 2, 2005, 07:32 PM
Younis Khan's wicket keeping is not good enough for him to replace Kamran. His batting is better but Kamran's make up for it in his superiority with the gloves. Younis Khan should make it on the team though, he should replace that useless piece of crap Hameed.

chyicarus
February 2, 2005, 09:04 PM
Good point- but i said that he can be used as a utility player- just like Dravid- i know in Australian conditions its better to keep Kamran- but Younis has shown some sort of form to at least play 4 of the 6 games- not just 1 game!

AsifTheManRahman
February 3, 2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Ameer
200 million people in Bangladesh would be like the whole world's population in two-thirds of mainland USA. That's crazy.

OK, I did overreact, big deal... you all would do the same if somebody said that about Bangladesh winning to Zimbabwe was fixed.

so u still don't get the humor behind it? *sigh*

is it me or some ppl just refuse to take things easy?

Ameer
February 3, 2005, 06:32 PM
Well next time try making your humor funny!

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 2:16 AM GMT, by Ameer.

AsifTheManRahman
February 3, 2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Ameer
Well next time trying making your humor funny!

oh forgot to mention -it's only for the smart butts ;)

tiger_man
February 4, 2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by mahmoodh
West Indies skipper Brian Lara won the toss and opted to field first, but his decision backfired as their support bowling proved inadequate. - BBC
:down:

wanted to be innovative...but didnt work:joy: