PDA

View Full Version : Ravi praising Bangadesh!!!!!

cracky
February 1, 2005, 11:09 PM
At last...
He is saying Bangladesh is the best Asian Fielding side.

http://www.ittefaq.com/news.php?id=64175&sys=3

Hasib
February 1, 2005, 11:11 PM
Everyone praisies bangladesh when talking to our own media....

Huda
February 2, 2005, 01:18 AM
ravi is one of the olny indians to support bd cricket,

ravi and wasim are great for bd are they give support and credit where its due

Hasib
February 2, 2005, 01:38 AM
oh yeah... he does... i read Ravi... but had Arun Lal in mind.

Ahmed_B
February 2, 2005, 06:12 AM
:duh:
I'm not sure what Ravi Shastri's past reputation is when he talks about BD... but in the recent times.. I have found him to be very encouraging and supportive to the BD side.

Whenever I heard him on the matchtime-commentery.. he was positive about the team.. thanks a lot for that to him.

cricket_pagla
February 2, 2005, 07:31 AM
:bravo:
wel-done SHASTRI & WASIM!

fwullah
February 2, 2005, 09:55 AM
Friends in need is the friend indeed.

Fazal
February 2, 2005, 10:07 AM
:-/ I heard people complaining about Ravi in the other series. Now what happened? Athar gave some Paglar Pani (from Bashar) to Ravi?

Suddenly he became a bd crikcet supporter?
How long it will last? I guess as long as BD wins and don't play against India.

AsifTheManRahman
February 2, 2005, 10:36 AM
best fielding side in asia? quite a complement :o

Shafiul
February 2, 2005, 10:47 AM
In fact Rabi and Gavasker were very critical about BD team while we used to perform bad, they seldom praised when we did little good. On the other hand, Arunlal and Manjrekar had been always praising Bangladesh team as promising one.

bdmoderator
February 2, 2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks Ravi.

Wazim
February 2, 2005, 06:36 PM
I am not sure if they are the best. Sri Lanka is pretty good too. They just like all the other asia teams, some days they are bloody brilliant and on others they look really poor.

Though, I have to admit, they are surely more consisent(better) than Pakistan.

Mahir
February 2, 2005, 08:08 PM
Ravi is very neutral and he credits to where they belong. It's also true He has always been supportive of Bangladesh, and I dont ever remember him being negative about Bangladesh.

Personally, Ravi has always been my favourite commentator, and I felt bad when some people started to assume that Ravi bashes Bangladesh. It's nice to see some of us fans recognize the reality of Ravi Shastri, that he's not a minnow basher, but a truly neutral cricketing mind.

Zobair
February 2, 2005, 08:12 PM
agreed! well-said.

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Ravi is very neutral and he credits to where they belong. It's also true He has always been supportive of Bangladesh, and I dont ever remember him being negative about Bangladesh.

Personally, Ravi has always been my favourite commentator, and I felt bad when some people started to assume that Ravi bashes Bangladesh. It's nice to see some of us fans recognize the reality of Ravi Shastri, that he's not a minnow basher, but a truly neutral cricketing mind.

Arnab
February 2, 2005, 08:35 PM
Ravi Shastri is an average commentator with a limited vocabulary to describe any cricketing situation and an assortment of banal expressions. Who cares what he thinks? I don't.

Edited on, February 3, 2005, 1:37 AM GMT, by Arnab.

Sham
February 2, 2005, 08:57 PM
I don't like Ravi either. It has nothing to do with whether he likes Bangladesh or not. To be quite honest, I don't need commentators to like or hate Bangladesh, thats not their job! They are supposed to provide expert commentary and I agree with Arnab, Ravi Shastri just has some cliched expressions to describe certain situations and thats what he does. As cricket commentators go, he is pretty crap! And the Shaz and Waz show has lowered my opinion of him even further.

jabbar
February 2, 2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Arnab
Ravi Shastri is an average commentator with a limited vocabulary to describe any cricketing situation and an assortment of banal expressions. Who cares what he thinks? I don't.

Edited on, February 3, 2005, 1:37 AM GMT, by Arnab.

On that basis, I suppose we should dismiss 90% of all cricket commentators... :)

Personally, I like harsha boglay (I hope I spelt that right), Bill Lawry, Richie Benaud.

Mahir
February 2, 2005, 09:40 PM
its harsha bhogle :P

Arnab
February 2, 2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by jabbar

On that basis, I suppose we should dismiss 90% of all cricket commentators... :)

Yeah, I wish I could dismiss them so that I don't hear their boring commentary and fall back to sleep. But I can't.

Harsha Bhogle is a good mix. He brings in the "human element" in commentary. He does have some pizzazz, but sometimes he too can get carried away. But much better than Ravi Shastri or even Sunil Gavaskar.

There are various kinds of commentators who use the same cliched phrases as Ravi. Tony Greig is one of them. But he has the magic touch, i.e., his voice inflection, to make such banal phrases sound emotionally charged. Plus I have noticed that he has added some new words in his vocabulary recently. At least he is learning new stuff, albeit one or two words every year.

On the other end of the spectrum you have Sidhu, who talks a little too much, rattles on and on about technicalities and throws in his own weird aphorisms.

Edited on, February 3, 2005, 4:40 AM GMT, by Arnab.

cricket_pagla
February 3, 2005, 02:07 AM
I hope no one gave him bribe because every time Bangladeshi (tigers!) are praised they do bad!