PDA

View Full Version : BD VS AUS VS ENG

cricket_pagla
February 2, 2005, 07:54 AM
apnara valoi bhujen.... England Tour moteo EASY hobe na... ki vabe ki korle... BD Cricket Dominate korte parbe...??

Edited on, February 2, 2005, 4:35 PM GMT, by pompous.

mwrkhan
February 2, 2005, 09:09 AM
Dominate? ..... perhaps not.

Mahmood
February 2, 2005, 09:25 AM
No one expect Bangladesh to go to the final. As long as Bangladesh can play competitive cricket, all will be happy.

Let us hope Bangladesh can give them a fight.

little_master
February 2, 2005, 10:27 AM
hmmm... ONE or TWO wins will be more than the final.:joy::joy:

AsifTheManRahman
February 2, 2005, 10:34 AM
Well this tri series, along with the test series, can be held analogical to the bodyline series where the aussies had to play under tough conditions, except that there will be no negative bowling. bangladesh should look to fight with all they have against two of the top cricketing nations in the world, regardless of the conditions. they should show guts, and come out victorious, at least morally, even if they lose all matches - jsut like bradman's australia. that's all i want from them in the england tour.

fwullah
February 2, 2005, 10:57 AM
Competitive matches and possibility of 1 ODI win - that's all we can ask for during the test series and the Natwest series.

hkhan
February 2, 2005, 11:09 AM
Bangladesh tour in England incuidng the Netwest matches will be broadcasted in www.setanta.tv dont know the price yet.. but it will be availabe to north america.. so amra dekhte parbo insahllah.. yeee... hopefully it will be cheaper.. or someone can buy it and broadcast it through sgstream... thanks

bourny3
February 2, 2005, 06:13 PM
A lot of you are saying 1 win. But where will this win come from. Against Australia or England. I think you are forgetting these are the best two teams in the world at the moment. Hopefully i am wrong and have to eat my words.

Hasib
February 2, 2005, 06:22 PM
There aim must be to put up a fight AND also going into each match with the aim of a win... even against Australia. It probably won't happen, but we HAVE TO try.

sham1980
February 2, 2005, 07:20 PM
just a good fright and determination and application forget winning

Faisal
February 2, 2005, 07:32 PM
win against Australia & england??? no way dream on

jabbar
February 2, 2005, 07:43 PM
Call me crazy, but I believe BD might have a chance against Australia in the ODIs. Aussies have shown some poor form against Pakis recently, and the batting line-up is not settled yet (although still highly potent).

As an aussie, I would love for BD to score a win against the mighty aussies!

bourny3
February 2, 2005, 07:50 PM
jabbar i am an aussie also. I would like BD to win against us but it isnt going to happen.

allrounder
February 2, 2005, 09:44 PM
BD team needs to believe that they can do it otherwise they will always fall short of even putting up a good show also.

aosaif
February 2, 2005, 10:02 PM
We will all be watching the practice matches that BD will play in England before the comencement of the Test and ODI series. These practice matches will give us an indication of whether or not BD will be able to cope with the change in conditions. If we do exceedingly well in these matches then we can definitely hope for a strong fight and quite possibly (with caution) a win over England (or two).

fab
February 2, 2005, 10:03 PM
Nearly had a heart attack when I first learnt that we would be playing AU and ENG this year. All I would like to see is NO innings defeats and batting for full 50 overs in the ODIs. But even that is perhaps too much to ask :umm:

samiur666
February 2, 2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by fab
Nearly had a heart attack when I first learnt that we would be playing AU and ENG this year. All I would like to see is NO innings defeats and batting for full 50 overs in the ODIs. But even that is perhaps too much to ask :umm:

I totally agree. I'll gladly eat my dirty socks if we win even a single game in the tri nations tournament

capslock
February 2, 2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by samiur666
Originally posted by fab

I totally agree. I'll gladly eat my dirty socks if we win even a single game in the tri nations tournament

While it's unrealistic to expect a win in the Tri Series for Bangladesh, in the bouncy wickets of the English summer, if you bat first, anything can happen.

fwullah
February 3, 2005, 12:00 AM
Yes, if we can put up a decent score of 220/230 batting first in at least 1 match, we can hope to win that match.

Dev
February 3, 2005, 04:23 AM
Why Sylheti cricketer Rezaul Haque is not in the Bd Squad?

Spitfire_x86
February 3, 2005, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
Yes, if we can put up a decent score of 220/230 batting first in at least 1 match, we can hope to win that match.
220-230 is no winning score against England or Australia (taking conditions in account)

shujan
February 3, 2005, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by jabbar
Call me crazy, but I believe BD might have a chance against Australia in the ODIs. Aussies have shown some poor form against Pakis recently, and the batting line-up is not settled yet (although still highly potent).

As an aussie, I would love for BD to score a win against the mighty aussies!

You are crazy!

cricket_pagla
February 3, 2005, 04:38 AM
What will be line-up to face these 2 giants? We all know how dangerous their bowlers are specially fast & bounce.:exclamation::flag:

Hasib
February 3, 2005, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Faisal
win against Australia & england??? no way dream on

Thast exactly what I thought when my uncle said we will win against India (b4 the 1st ODI) ... mind u, thats wat im thinking again, but as I said in my previous post we shud still have a go at the win against both teams

Ahmed_B
February 3, 2005, 04:50 AM
(Repeating from another thread..)
To be SIMPLE.. our job in this tour will be as normal as this:

Make them change the way they think!
I would count these to be real good success:

For tests:
-Score 400+ in few innings..
-Get them all-out below 400... if possible, more than once..
-NO INNINGS DEFEAT!!!!
-A Draw will be really highly usefull!!

ODI:
-Keep win margins within 30-35 runs or 2-3 wickets!
-Score few 250+ scores while Batting
-About win... well.. no comments! Will take gladly if it comes!

shujan
February 3, 2005, 05:26 AM
If Bangladesh need a win. They have to work very hard. Bangladesh need to challenge every aspect of the game. Bangladesh also need to prepare diligently. BD should review all the English players and Australian players video and prepare a game plan for English condition. They need to execute the game plan perfectly. BD might steal 1 or 2 win if they work very effectively.

cricket_pagla
February 3, 2005, 05:38 AM
:joy: Hurray
If the spinners does well and if a miricle happens like eight or ten england players are injured only that I think Bangladesh.
:fanflag:
:fanflag:

BangladeshFan
February 3, 2005, 09:24 AM
i think bd will give england a run for their money. its right, not much chance against australia. but i expect 1 win or 2 if luck goes our way against england.:flag:

opu_87
February 3, 2005, 10:13 AM
hope bangladesh beat england, i will go and watch if any matches on Durham

CTazim
February 3, 2005, 10:19 AM
I don't know whether we will win or not in England, but I know the team strategy before each game will be "What do we need to do, what should be the first 11, what should be the batting order, etc... so that we can win this game?" versus an attempt in futility to build a resistance and stay on the crease as long as they can. Whether we loose by many wickets or many runs.. is irrelevant for me.. I have long to see BD team come to the field with that winning attitude and I hope they maintain it from now on.

Ahmed_B
February 3, 2005, 11:03 AM
As always.. the depth/form of BD batting will be a vital factor!

BD will make things difficult for England only if they can bat very well... and maintain the fair standard in bowling/fielding they already have..

crazyisland
February 3, 2005, 02:01 PM
I want BD and Aus to play in the Final. BD team must stay confident and plays positive cricket. Shoot for the FINAL.

shovon13
February 3, 2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by CTazim
I don't know whether we will win or not in England, but I know the team strategy before each game will be "What do we need to do, what should be the first 11, what should be the batting order, etc... so that we can win this game?" versus an attempt in futility to build a resistance and stay on the crease as long as they can. Whether we loose by many wickets or many runs.. is irrelevant for me.. I have long to see BD team come to the field with that winning attitude and I hope they maintain it from now on.

couldn't have said it better myself. i dont care if we get owned...as long as we TRY to win. our players need to believe. and i think they already do after the zim series.

howzatt!
February 4, 2005, 01:13 AM
don't forget that the tri series between BD, ENG and AUS will be in twenty20 format. so....... unless we can play like we did in the 5th ODI against zimbabwe, i don't see us winning any game, considering our bowlers' inability to bowl in slog overs.

Ahmed_B
February 4, 2005, 04:21 AM
:-/ 20-20??

Din't know that!
Is it true?

Sam
February 4, 2005, 08:03 AM
I would like to set the target 'DRAW' for the tests and would not mind for any upset for the England Team. Our target should be to bat a minimum of 120 overs each innings and field and bowl with highest standard of what we have achieved and performed recently and bundle the opponent out by less than 400. No follow-on and no innings defeats.
And for every ODI we should go to the match with the target to win.

I am not talking about our expectations; I am talking about our strategy. If we go and play for win irrespective of who is the opponent, it will create a positive impression on our players mind. This will give us much credibility.

Sam
February 4, 2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
:-/ 20-20??

Din't know that!
Is it true?
If I am not confused, there will be two Natwest ODI series.
1. NatWest Series in England, Jun-Jul 2005 (Eng, Bdesh, Aus)
2. NatWest Challenge on England, Jul 2005 (Eng,Aus)

The 9 match Natwest ODI series will start from 16th June, 2005 and will end with the final on 2nd July, 2005. Australia, Bangladesh and England will take part in this series. Format of this series will be of 50 overs.

Here is the fixture:
NatWest Series 2005 Schedule

Thu 16 Jun England Bangladesh Brit Oval
Sat 18 Jun Australia Bangladesh Sophia Gardens
Sun 19 Jun England Australia Bristol
Tue 21 Jun England Bangladesh Trent Bridge

Thu 23 Jun England Australia Riverside

Sat 25 Jun Australia Bangladesh Old Trafford
Sun 26 Jun England Bangladesh Headingley
Tue 28 Jun England Australia Edgbaston

Thu 30 Jun Australia Bangladesh Canterbury
Sat 02 Jul Lord's Final

The 3 match Natwest Challenge ODI series will be between Eng and Aus only and will start from 07th July, 2005 and will end 12th July, 2005. Most probably the format of this series will be 20-20.

Here is the fixture:
NatWest Challenge 2005 Schedule

Thu 07 Jul England Australia Headingley
Sun 10 Jul England Australia Lord's
Tue 12 Jul England Australia Brit Oval

That means Bangladesh will play 50 over matches only.

Spitfire_x86
February 4, 2005, 08:52 AM
We're going to lose all matches in the both Test and ODI series, even if we play our best.

If we're extremely extremely lucky, then we may win 1 ODI against England.

Shafiul
February 4, 2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by allrounder
BD team needs to believe that they can do it otherwise they will always fall short of even putting up a good show also.
I agree with u. If BD team just hold the guts and believe that they can do it, then anything can happen. Its cricket u know! the glorious game of uncertainity.

cricket_pagla
February 5, 2005, 01:40 AM
There is no doubt that Bangladesh will be in the final.
And may win the cup who knows............:flag:

cricket_pagla
February 5, 2005, 01:52 AM
Do you know what happens when eleven tigers and eleven lion meets?:info:

cricket_pagla
February 5, 2005, 01:53 AM
There is no doubt that The tigers will take the series.....................!:tiger::tiger:

cricket_pagla
February 5, 2005, 01:57 AM
We will bring the Natwest cup home.......!:P

bourny3
February 5, 2005, 02:17 AM
6 ODIs against the 2 best teams will be a good experience.

shovon13
February 5, 2005, 03:26 AM
it'll definitely toughen us up for whoever we play next. i think after that series srilanka is visiting us. remember pakistan series after we played australia? this time we're better, and we'll be playing at home.

ZaKi
February 5, 2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by cricket_pagla
apnara valoi bhujen.... England Tour moteo EASY hobe na... ki vabe ki korle... BD Cricket Dominate korte parbe...??

Edited on, February 2, 2005, 4:35 PM GMT, by pompous.

Akta jinish bhujlam nah no. 1 & 2 team AUS & ENG er modhdhe BAN dhuklo kivabe :exclamation:

ODI Series e to Bangladesh er obostha "chaira de ma kainda bachi" hobe :(

so, Kono match jiter asha kortesi nah apatoto... only notun kono bad record na holei khushi thakbo ami :)