PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having withdrawal symptoms?

deshpremi
February 3, 2005, 06:42 AM
Watching or following Bangladesh play international cricket has become so addictive, that now there is no cricket, i am suffering from withdrawal sypmtoms.
Every thing else just seems of secondary importance.
whats wrong with me?
help:
:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/

Spitfire_x86
February 3, 2005, 07:30 AM
Watch high quality cricket for a while, and then watching BD cricket will become painful for you.

shujan
February 3, 2005, 08:08 AM
My sleeping pattern changed.

offcutter
February 7, 2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by deshpremi
Watching or following Bangladesh play international cricket has become so addictive, that now there is no cricket, i am suffering from withdrawal sypmtoms.
whats wrong with me?
help:

Nothing's wrong with you bro. I'm going thru the same thing. And this is noth the first time.

In 1994 when the World Cup Soccer was in the US, I saved up for an entire year to watch as many games as possible. Saw 8 game in NY metro area, Washington DC, Boston (Foxboro) and Detroit. After it was over I felt like a motherless child.

Fazal
February 7, 2005, 01:55 PM
Me too.

That's why I am writing ulta palta shob...

howzatt!
February 7, 2005, 01:58 PM
is there any cure?? which doctor can i go to?

Sorry
February 7, 2005, 03:40 PM
whats wrong with me?
help:
keep yourself busy with some other sports. i had the same problems but i have engaged myself with other sports such as premiership football, rugby, F1, etc. and when you have favourite teams in each of the above, believe me you will struggle for preference.

deshpremi
February 7, 2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
whats wrong with me?
help:
keep yourself busy with some other sports. i had the same problems but i have engaged myself with other sports such as premiership football, rugby, F1, etc. and when you have favourite teams in each of the above, believe me you will struggle for preference.

i used to be mad about F1 (even got up at 4 am the year Damon hill beat Schumacher to be crowned F1 champion in the final race in Japan) and football, well almost everyone loves football (i used to be hardcore Arsenal supporter) but for the last couple years, cricket seems to have taken over my whole life.
so much so, that, although i try to find joy out of other sports, it just don't seems to be the same anymore.
everytime i see a BD batsman out in the middle, the adrenelin starts to pump non stop until..... like we are 5 wickets down for a silly 45 or something, but hey i still don't care, i just cant get enough of BD cricket.

Mahir
February 7, 2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by howzatt!

I would say..umm... ICC...or ACC... or even BCB! We gotta make them listen to our earnest request to have a better and more efficient cricket schedule for Bangladesh! It looks heavily unbalanced from now on...

Bangla Mostan
February 7, 2005, 06:18 PM
Bro I am with you through and through. I used to be a hardcore Man Utd fan..(happy 4-2 result by the way), but even that was not as engaging as Banlaesh playing cricket. I can totally agree with you bro, I get all excited in a non-disturbing way, whenever Bangladesh are set to play, I mean hours before the match commences I am already nervous and shaking and biting my nails man, thats passion for you my friend, and because my interest in football has subsided due to my interest in cricket I am feeling the withdrawl symptoms as a result, but I am trying to work on a cue for myself.

If I am successful in that then maybe I can share the secret of this cure for others like to me to feel normal again. But man i cant wait till Bangladesh play England, I am gonna watch like mad, let alone support them. GO DESH GO!!!!':fanflag::karate::tiger:

Go_Bangladesh
February 7, 2005, 06:39 PM
deshpremi bhai,
amar o aki shomoshsha, always thinking abt bd cricket, abt the prayer and maybe one day they will be stars, I keep on thinking these things don;t worry you are not the only one, it will go away soon

deshpremi
February 8, 2005, 12:18 PM
Go_Bangladesh bhai
and the rest,
thanks for your support and reassurance that i am not the only one who is crazy and suffering.
Bangla Mostan bhai,
thanks for giving me the 4-2 result, you really know how to cheer some one up.
and when you find this secret cure make sure you share it with me and everone else on this forum.
BTW.. what do you mean you are going to WATCH Bd v Eng like mad?
you live in London and you are not going to the Oval to cheer BD on?
c'mon Mostan bhai, we really need to show our support to the boys of BD team.
i just booked tickets for my self and my 13 year old son to be there on the 16th.
if anyone from this forum is going, maybe we can meet at the ground and shout in unison.
SEE YOU THERE BANGLA MOSTAN BHAI.

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 5:21 PM GMT, by deshpremi.

offcutter
February 8, 2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by MasterBlaster

I would say..umm... ICC...or ACC... or even BCB! We gotta make them listen to our earnest request to have a better and more efficient cricket schedule for Bangladesh! It looks heavily unbalanced from now on...

Consult DJ and his Paglar Baba.

Fazal
February 8, 2005, 12:28 PM

Yes! Use Chutra Pata. It will work like magic.

offcutter
February 8, 2005, 12:29 PM
Go_Bangladesh bhai
and the rest,
thanks for your support and reassurance that i am not the only one who is crazy and suffering.
Bangla Mostan bhai,
thanks for giving me the 4-2 result, you really know how to cheer some one up.
and when you find this secret cure make sure you share it with me and everone else on this forum.
BTW.. what do you mean you are going to WATCH Bd v Eng like mad?
you live in London and you are not going to the Oval to cheer BD on?
c'mon Mostan bhai, we really need to show our support to the boys of BD team.
i just booked tickets for my self and my 13 year old son to be there on the 16th.

if anyone from this forum is going, maybe we can meet at the ground and shout in unison.
SEE YOU THERE BANGLA MOSTAN BHAI.

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 5:21 PM GMT, by deshpremi.

I'll see if I can arrange a business trip from my company and play hookie.

Sorry
February 8, 2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Bangla Mostan
Bro I am with you through and through. I used to be a hardcore Man Utd fan..(happy 4-2 result by the way), but even that was not as engaging as Banlaesh playing cricket. I can totally agree with you bro, I get all excited in a non-disturbing way, whenever Bangladesh are set to play, I mean hours before the match commences I am already nervous and shaking and biting my nails man, thats passion for you my friend, and because my interest in football has subsided due to my interest in cricket I am feeling the withdrawl symptoms as a result, but I am trying to work on a cue for myself.

If I am successful in that then maybe I can share the secret of this cure for others like to me to feel normal again. But man i cant wait till Bangladesh play England, I am gonna watch like mad, let alone support them. GO DESH GO!!!!':fanflag::karate::tiger:
are you prepare for the criticism by english media that we will get if bd under perform? not only prepare yourself to watch bd but also prepare to listen and read all the rubbish from media.
bd is in NO WIN- NO WIN situation here. if we win a match the media will say how bad england or australia played or if we loose badly they will demand our exclusion from the elite nations.

Bangla Mostan
February 8, 2005, 04:28 PM
Deshi_premi Bhai.. I am trying to get hold of tickets for the oval match...my uncle is a journalist at Surma..hopefully through him i can get hold of a group of tickets..I hope they are not sold out yet..I really wanna go and se them play at the OVAL..as for the 4-2..well i think it just slipped out of me..my bad..but you know it happens ...:lol:...also can anyone tll me where i can get hold of ticketd for this match..between ENG -BANG at the OVAL?

deshpremi
February 8, 2005, 05:49 PM
go to
http://www.ecb.co.uk/fans/tickets/tickets-the-brit-oval.html
register to purchase tckets online.
apparantly, bedser upper open area is one of the best place to watch the match from.
adults 38
kids 17
if your quick, tickets are still available in this area and i might just be sitting next to you.
So hurry up Mostan bhai.
is there anyone else thinking of attending? maybe we should communicate with each other and meet up on the day or something.

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 10:52 PM GMT, by deshpremi.