PDA

View Full Version : best/worst

shujan
February 3, 2005, 08:58 AM
Who said crickinfo does not write good stuff about Bangladesh? What is this then?

The Best
I felt robbed when Mohammad Ashraful walked away, head bowed, at the end of Bangladesh's first innings in the second Test against India. The show had ended halfway, and I wanted my money back. This kid had scored 158 in a few hours, made decent bowlers look really bad, and played as if he'd come out to set things right for Bangladeshi cricket all by himself. He hooked, pulled, jived, boogied, nearly killed spectators, and, to top everything, went at the follow-on mark like an enraged bull. Each time you thought it couldn't possibly get any better, Ashraful would not only make it better, he'd also give you free ice-cream. I think the word for an innings like this is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/DEC/138732_WCI_25DEC2004.html

BangladeshFan
February 3, 2005, 09:15 AM
over praise is a bad thing,

what do you see from that piece? the writer is merely trying to show his vocabulary, he is not really concentrating on the batsman, is he?

shujan
February 3, 2005, 09:23 AM
Praise korle kon eita thik na Bash dileo kon eita thik na. Zaibo koi ...

shujan
February 3, 2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by BangladeshFan

what do you see from that piece? the writer is merely trying to show his vocabulary, he is not really concentrating on the batsman, is he?

Do you find the vocabulary used here hard? By the way supercalifragilisticexpialidocious means 'rakhe allah mare ke'.

Edited on, February 3, 2005, 3:01 PM GMT, by shujan.

DJ Sahastra
February 3, 2005, 11:19 AM
"what do you see from that piece? the writer is merely trying to show his vocabulary"

These Indian Writers on cricinfo are miserable.

When they criticise BD, they are showing their "true colors". When they praise BD cricket team, they are merely showing their vocabulary.

Damn these Indians and Cricinfo!!! :E

AsifTheManRahman
February 3, 2005, 11:23 AM
chol shobai mile DJ re dhoira pitai...:P

CTazim
February 3, 2005, 11:26 AM
I think Rahul Bhatia was sincere in writing positive about BD, especially MD. Ashraful. Please ladies and gentlemen in this forum, refrain from bigoted remarks..otherwise, there won't be much difference between you and the real "BD haters".

Thanks

DJ Sahastra
February 3, 2005, 11:30 AM
Chol Shobai Mile Asif Re Dhoira Pitai. Ekta Lathi Maara Dorkar :P

AsifTheManRahman
February 3, 2005, 11:31 AM
wow u got that? kool :bravo:

i thought i'd have to translate it for you.

DJ Sahastra
February 3, 2005, 11:34 AM
Asif,

That was easy.

I know that Pitai = Beating (Thanks to BD fans screaming towards the slog overs, and it's resemblance to Hindi "Pitai") and Chol = Come (Like Hindi "Chal").

"Dhoira" is the only word i didn't get. But i could connect the dots, hehe :)

AsifTheManRahman
February 3, 2005, 11:55 AM
dhoira in this context means grab

ManInBlack
February 3, 2005, 12:01 PM
'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'

I had to search the web to find the meaning of it :)
know the meaning now but still cant pronounce it...
Strong vocab indeed.

BangladeshFan
February 3, 2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by shujan

Do you find the vocabulary used here hard? By the way supercalifragilisticexpialidocious means 'rakhe allah mare ke'.

Edited on, February 3, 2005, 3:01 PM GMT, by shujan.

you had to search for 37 min to find the meaning of that word?:P

tutul
February 3, 2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by ManInBlack
'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'

I had to search the web to find the meaning of it :)
know the meaning now but still cant pronounce it...
Strong vocab indeed.

dude I guess I need to go to dentist! :duh:

fab
February 3, 2005, 09:10 PM
I take it you guys aren't fans of Mary Poppins...

BangladeshFan - Doesn't seem like Rahul Bhatia was over praising to me!

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 2:12 AM GMT, by fab.

bourny3
February 5, 2005, 01:50 AM
Nothing is right from cricinfo it seems by your opinions i just dont read them.

Shafiul
February 5, 2005, 02:14 AM

Sujan, eita shei golper moto : ' One molla was never staisfied with food he used to be offered by his hosts. One generous guy thaught he would make this mollah satisfied. Then he arranged huge delicious foods and invited him. After having so much of foods, the molla was asked by the host that how was it. He then replied grinly " Eto valo o valo noi baba."

shujan
February 5, 2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Shafiul

Sujan, eita shei golper moto : ' One molla was never staisfied with food he used to be offered by his hosts. One generous guy thaught he would make this mollah satisfied. Then he arranged huge delicious foods and invited him. After having so much of foods, the molla was asked by the host that how was it. He then replied grinly " Eto valo o valo noi baba."

:lol: Molla der nia ar ki kora bollen......

Zobair
February 5, 2005, 03:12 AM

disappointing :(

DJ Sahastra
February 5, 2005, 04:20 AM
" Eto valo o valo noi baba."

Pls. translate. Seems interesting.

mzia
February 5, 2005, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
" Eto valo o valo noi baba."

Pls. translate. Seems interesting.

Eto= much, valo= good, noi= not, think you are smiling now...

cricket_pagla
February 5, 2005, 06:47 AM
amar majhe majhe mone hoy... indian/pakistanira ra chance pailei kinba na paileo BD er jonno bash ready koira rakhe...
kintu ekta sotto kotha na boila parta-sina.. BD team der bash kinga tel (oiling) deoya sudhu BD FAN deri chole...:lol: