PDA

View Full Version : When did you arrive from Zimbabwe?

mzia
February 3, 2005, 10:33 PM
Welcome Rafique Bhai. When did you arrive from Zimbabwe?

Rafique: In last week. 4/5 days before.

How long you have been in Zimbabwe?

Rafique: Almost more than 5 years.

How you took the decision to go Zim or what was the thing, which insisted you to go Zimbabwe?

Rafique: Well actually except bowling nothing I did in very plan way even batting. That was very historical moment for Bangladesh cricket. In 2004-2005 we beaten Zimbabwe by 1-0 in test series and by 3-2 in ODI series and those were the ever first series victory. We won the 1st test very convincingly and we were able to manage draw the 2nd test from a very scaring position. But ODI series was more thrilling for us. We lost 1st 2 matches against them. And won the rest three straightway, really that was a glorious victory for us.

Yes Rafique bhai we know you were adjudged the man of the match of that 5th match..

Rafique: Aa…haa.. yes.. we out played the Zimbabwean in every department on that day. Our team efforts were 100% and Aftab, he was the man who several time threw the Zimbabwean over the rope mercilessly…good to remember…

We know you also swung your bat with keeping the melody of Aftab and vital point of your man of the match adjudging was batting…

Rafique: hmm..ohh..ha but I tried to play my natural game and really in those days it was rather easy for me to send the ball over the rope than taking singles..

Well Rafique Bhai but what was element that made the deal for your Zimbabwean migration I mean professionally?

Rafique: Yes.. oito…after losing 1st test, in 2nd test Zim were in very commanding postion but our batsman did well, and match drawn, then they won the first two ODI and they were in dancing mood to celebrate the series win, but they lost 3rd, then 4th and you know the history. They were broken, I can remember their talented captain, Taiboo was not present at post match press briefing session. Then Zimbabwean found that basically they succumbed to our all left arm spinner, Enamul, he was Jr. then, Rana and ai ami arki…. Then they decided and declared that in future they would visit this subcontinent after getting proper technique how to handle the left arm spinner! That time I was experiencing the bite of injury, and you know the role of age factor; and the offer, all made the deal to be a left arm spinner advisor of Zimbabwe… and another thing, though it was absolutely personal, I was frustrated for hick up with the local lawmaker, demolishing of my market…and the overall situation of the Dhaka, I mean country. Final thing is some how I made my mind then…

How you are enjoying there?

Rafique: nah bhai akkerre bidesh, ricksha nai, hajir briyani nai, chowker iftary nai, noukai para per nai… I mean quietness is there, financially secured but mainee torkari te noon kom hoile jemon lage arki.. Still thanks to the Almighty that I have a job…

Thank you Rafique bhai, I took your enough time and I am delighted to talk with you..Thank you again.

Rafique: Apna keo Thank you. Bhaloo kotha ai sob aab jaab kono khane chapaen na kintooo, taile apnar risk…good bye, thank you, stay well.

Source: Thonger kagoz.

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 11:22 AM GMT, by mzia.

Hasib
February 4, 2005, 01:01 AM
Great... everyone is starting to write stuff that didn't happen

A look in to the future?!! Around how many years later is this then? And r u suggesting Rafique will betray his own country?!! Honestly.... !!

AsifTheManRahman
February 4, 2005, 12:28 PM
hahaha...nice piece...ur unique style of speaking/writing english makes it even better!

AsifTheManRahman
February 4, 2005, 12:28 PM
btw it's roughly 5 - 7 yrs from now

cricket_pagol
February 4, 2005, 02:19 PM
but mainee torkari te noon kom hoile jemon lage arki..

my favorite line :)

Rubayed
February 4, 2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by mzia
Rafique: nah bhai akkerre bidesh, ricksha nai, hajir briyani nai, chowker iftary nai,
Edited on, February 4, 2005, 11:22 AM GMT, by mzia.

This is my fav line as i m from Dhaka and i miss those things too.:(

oracle
February 4, 2005, 02:44 PM
I don't think it is likely to happen

CTazim
February 4, 2005, 02:51 PM
Is Banglacricket becoming a comedy central portal ? ;)

AsifTheManRahman
February 4, 2005, 02:56 PM
what's wrong with a little bit of humour every now and then?:)

Spitfire_x86
February 4, 2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Rubayed
Originally posted by mzia
Rafique: nah bhai akkerre bidesh, ricksha nai, hajir briyani nai, chowker iftary nai,

This is my fav line as i m from Dhaka and i miss those things too.:(
I'm want rickshaw free streets in Dhaka, hajir briyani is nothing special, chowker iftary sucks.

Rubayed
February 4, 2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I'm want rickshaw free streets in Dhaka, hajir briyani is nothing special, chowker iftary sucks.

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. I'm sure u must have your own good reason for hating hajir biriyani and choker iftary and wanting a rickshaw free streets in Dhaka. Although end of the day these r all your subjective views as were mine. With all due respect to your opinion i disagree with u caz i miss travelling by Rickshaw and i miss hajir biriyani, although was not a big fan of choker iftary since i prefer my home cooked iftar.

Spitfire_x86
February 4, 2005, 04:29 PM
Sorry if I have offended you. But if you lived in Dhaka recently, then you definately wouldn't want to see rickshaws in the main streets.

Rubayed
February 4, 2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Sorry if I have offended you. But if you lived in Dhaka recently, then you definately wouldn't want to see rickshaws in the main streets.

hey! dont worry man! u didnt offend me, i mean i havent been to Dhaka since 2000, so perhaps u r right. Rickshaw thing was already out of control then but i can only imagine its a lot worse now but if u were living away from Dhaka for that many years like me, i'm sure u would have miss Rickshaw too but i know why u hate it caz it must be annoying since they creat all these traffic and other stuff in Dhaka, but please dont hate hajir biriyani;)

Hasib
February 5, 2005, 01:26 AM
i thought there was a separate lane for rickshaws now.... well... there when i was there last time...

Spitfire_x86
February 5, 2005, 01:49 AM
I don't hate hajir biryani, but it doesn't seem very special to me except the "serving style" :)

ibnul
February 5, 2005, 04:33 AM
I am missing my Dhaka!!! All these talks remind me of my life back then, I have just counted, it is 13 years since I have seen my lovely city (last in 1992). Rickshaw or no rickshaw it is the best place I can remember, I think I just got some 'Narhir tan' now to fly back, Days pass so quickly ......and you are old :(