PDA

View Full Version : New ODI Rules!

howzatt!
February 4, 2005, 01:52 AM
ICC may change ODI rules, incluiding double dismissals in same ball and instead of using field restictions in first 15 overs, batting side will choose when they want to use it. heres the link
Rule Changes (http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/FEB/175540_WCI_04FEB2005.html)

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 6:54 AM GMT, by nasif.
Reason: Link fixed

cricket_pagla
February 4, 2005, 04:51 AM
My answer............down::down::down::down::down::do wn::down::down:

Hasib
February 4, 2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by cricket_pagla

y? whats wrong with them. btw... at the moment i have no opinion on it.

Spitfire_x86
February 4, 2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by cricket_pagla
I second you.

PoorFan
February 4, 2005, 05:47 AM
All of the team may chose last 15 overs for restriction, sounds bad for a weak team to me.

nasifkhan
February 4, 2005, 08:40 AM
i like it.....

now teams can cross the 400 run barrier...

Spitfire_x86
February 4, 2005, 08:59 AM
"double dismissals" is a very stupid idea.

Mahmood
February 4, 2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I do like the 15 over choice idea. But the double dismissal is a bad idea, I bet they watched too many baseball games lately.

Fazal
February 4, 2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro
I bet they watched too many baseball games lately.

Then they should consider the following also:

1. Allow gloves for the fielders also. That will help some BD players.

2. Intentional bouncer towards the batsman's body, and you are out the game. Will help Gullu.

3. Players can be changed during the game from reserve. Will help ChaCha to take some break.

4. Designated Batsman to bat instead of genuine bowler ( ususalyy bat at #11) Rokon for Enamul? Sounds good.

5. Six dots balls and you are (strike) out. Sorry Javed.

6. Chucking is allowed. Will help Sanwar, Razzak.

7. Instaed of 50 overs one innings, there will be 10 innings of 5 over each.

8. Shouting match with Umpire is allowed ( by players or coaches). The Umpire can however thow him out of the bal;l park. Will help Rafique, Enamul.

9. Peanut, Hotdog and Beer should be served in the stadium. Will help all of us.

10. There should be coaches in the field to help the batsman when to take run attampts. Will help Rajin and Ashraful.

That should do it for me for now!

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 4:58 PM GMT, by Fazal.

mzia
February 4, 2005, 12:04 PM
...good move by FIFA...

AsifTheManRahman
February 4, 2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by mzia
...good move by FIFA...

hahahahaha...our own BC resident Khodabox is born!!!:P

bdmoderator
February 4, 2005, 12:18 PM
Cricket will loose attraction if the rules submitted.

CTazim
February 4, 2005, 12:27 PM
You all are extremely funny :)

mzia
February 4, 2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Originally posted by mzia
...good move by FIFA...

hahahahaha...our own BC resident Khodabox is born!!!:P

This is our generous characteristic, how cheaply we distributed the fame of a genius to jadhu madhu!!

Kophotoa mathaer gham felichi je ami Khodha box hoei jaboo, I am in nursery as compare to his excellency…

...koi Japan ar koi khili pan?

Zunaid
February 4, 2005, 01:53 PM
ICC Announces Drastic Changes to ODI Rules

Feb 4, 2005: Melbourne, Australia
By: Yraurbef Loof

The ICC announced today a radical set of rule-changes to revamp the one-day game that was announced at the end of a meeting at Melbourne. The ICC's Cricket Committee, which is headed by Sunil Gavaskar, recommended the rules to boost the flagging profile of one-day internationals, which many claim have become predictable in nature. The rules were adopted unanimously and is effective immediately.

Gavasker labelled one-dayers "predictable", and enthused that the new rules will make the game more exciting and help spread cricket worldwide including the lucrative American market. The first order of businness for the ICC next is to arrange for a World Series of Cricket to be played in the US late 2005.

The most drastic changes have been to bowling rules. Citing the difficulty of determining whether a bowler chucks or not, the ICC has dispensed entirely with the arm-bending rules. Bowlers can bend their arms at will and can bowl over arm or under arm. However, since this gives fast bowlers an unfair advantage, the new ICC rules now disallow run-ups. Bowlers must bowl to the batsman from a fixed spot in the field. ICC chief Speed opined "This will give a level playing field to all bowlers." Since the new rules would make it too easy to bat using the existing style bats, ICC has also changed the dimensions of the cricket bats. From now on all cricket bats will be generally cylindrical with a larger diameter at the end and tapering to where the batsman will yield the bat.

In an effort to make the game more exciting, the ICC has also changed the innings rules. Gavaskar stated that "having all 11 players of one team bat first followed by all players of the second team often resulted in fairly boring slow batting and defensive bowlings. The spectators get bored and we may start seeing reduced attendance at Cricket games." According to the new ICC rules, an ODI game will be broken into 9 innings and only 3 batsmen can bat per innings. Once the three batsmen get out, the second team will have an opportunity to bat again. The ICC has also done away with the second batsman. Only one batsman will bat. "It looks pretty stupid having a batsman hanging around at the bowling end twirling his thumbs," said Gavaskar, "and we got rid of him".

Other modifications include changing the shape of the cricket field to a rhombus from an oval and allowing fielders to catch using gloves. More details on the new ODI rules can be obtained at www.snopes.com

The reaction to the new rules have been mixed. Jadu Tobarak Ali Bepari from Bangladesh was not impressed with the changes. He added that "this is probably part of the conspiracy to demote Bangladesh to a second tier". A hitherto unknown miltant group Hizbul Cricket Protestani has called for a 5-day long general strike, known as Hartal in Bangladesh, to protest the ICC action. Reaction was more positive in the United States. Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig has indicated an interest in acquiring the ICC.

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 7:02 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Reason: tons of tpyoes

chinaman
February 4, 2005, 01:58 PM
:clap::clap:

CTazim
February 4, 2005, 02:16 PM
LOL @ Zunaid!!

Mahmood
February 4, 2005, 02:16 PM
Priceless.

Shubho
February 4, 2005, 04:20 PM
Absolutely brilliant! Well done, Zuni Man.

Piranha
February 4, 2005, 07:41 PM
brilliant Zunaid bhai!

The double out is really a rubbish idea.

cricket_pagla
February 4, 2005, 08:17 PM
:duh:
DOUBLE OUT!
:o

sadi
February 4, 2005, 08:26 PM
double out is kinda stupid but 15 over thing is gona make the game more interesting...now we dun go to sleep after 15 overs...u never know when the 15 over restriction starts... i think afridi is gona be the happiest man now... whenever he comes to crease pakistan is gona start their 15 overs.. haha....

rana
February 4, 2005, 08:33 PM
:mad: very stupid idea

say
February 4, 2005, 10:17 PM
dr. Z, I've been trying to communicate these ideas to ICCwallahs. but no luck. Can you please ask the writer Mr. Loof to consider my ideas.

here are the ideas;

1) instead of having two sets of stamps - there should be four (like a diamond shape field). The batsmen should run to the next base-stumps when taking a run; and continue to the next while another batter takes the hitting spot.

2) The rule of bowling 'overs' needs to be scrapped. If a bowler is doing well - he should be able to continue as long as the managers wish. If not the coach-cum-manager can call him back and replace with an substitute bowler whenever he wants (calling the team management at this point should also be allowed to give them more ideas). This will greatly reduce bad bowling.

3) Instead of having 2 innings to have 20 outs - there should be nine innings with three outs in each. This way the spectators gets to see 7 more outs than the usual (9*3=27).

4) FIFA should relax the rules for chewing tobacco and gums (by the coaches and assistants)

5) The Batsmen cannot be hit in their bodies by the bowlers. If they are hit - they can charge down the pitch and attack the bowler who has thrown ball. (this will turn into a friendly brawl. It will be a big attraction for the spectators)

islam
February 5, 2005, 01:22 AM
No one will accept those rules.

offcutter
February 7, 2005, 12:44 PM
This is 'change for the sake of change'. I don't like it. Changes shouldn't be made just to allow batsmen score more runs. Bowlers must be given some leeway as well, such as allowing more bouncers.

I do like the 'double play' (a la baseball) rule thaugh. Good filding should be rewarded.