PDA

View Full Version : Duleep Trophy: What do you think about Durjoy?

Ibrahim
February 4, 2005, 05:25 PM
Naimur Rahman Durjoy has been selected for the Duleep Trophy, but he is not joining in the team. Dave Whatemore personally requested him to join the team, but Durjoy even turned him down. "I think I'm not mentally ready to play at this level at the moment. If I start now, I'll have to begin from zero". Wow!! Is he showing his uncompromiseable character like BD politician?

Me and other people wrote in this forum that Durjoy was not selected in the BD team due to his political identity. We strongly criticized for that now what the hell he is doing. How come a cricketer does not listen to national selection board (BCB). He did same thing during at the beginning of Zim tour.

Source: Bangla Newspapers

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 11:56 PM GMT, by Ibrahim.

rana
February 4, 2005, 06:04 PM
i think we still need him

Mahmood
February 4, 2005, 06:06 PM
In another interview he stated, he has started business and wants to concentrate on that.

There is no arguing with that.

Faisal
February 4, 2005, 06:09 PM
who cares about old durjoy??? wut he can give us? noting,, i think rana doing better than durjoy.. wehere is mohammod salauddin?? he was good off spiner.. nyways at this moment we dont need off spinner.. caz we going to england.. no spinner will do good there.. we need masrafee, tapos, sharif, sujon... thats all...

Kana-Baba
February 4, 2005, 06:09 PM
He knows that he doesn't have the fitness to play in the highest level. He also knows that even if plays couple of matches, he will be dropped again due to ordinary performance. that's he has decided not play for national team, rather concentrate on his business.

Mahmood
February 4, 2005, 06:11 PM
I think we used to have an off spinner name Fahim ... Sumit, don't know what happened to him. Also, isn't Arafut Sunny off spinner too?

Faisal
February 4, 2005, 06:13 PM
mohammod salauddin wa sone of the best off sippiner in bangladesh... he played few internation match.... but where is he??

AsifTheManRahman
February 4, 2005, 06:13 PM
i think he's a spoilt brat

AsifTheManRahman
February 4, 2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Faisal
mohammod salauddin wa sone of the best off sippiner in bangladesh... he played few internation match.... but where is he??

lost. he's no good anymore

Blah
February 4, 2005, 06:21 PM
according to daily star he is not physically fit. He couldnt play the last couple of match for his local team because of injury. The selectors didn't consult him before making their decision. He will be sidelined for more than a month; how can the seletors not know that?

Besides he rpeatedly said he said he doesnt want to play for the national team, he being persistent? he mentioned his reasons for being busy with his business.

Thank why are the selectors being so unreasonable with him?

And if he doesn't want to play for national team, why doesn't he quit from international cricket oficially, so no one will bother him.

Can anyone else verify that whatmore himself requested him to play, that just seems out of line to me.

Blah

Ibrahim
February 4, 2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Blah

Can anyone else verify that whatmore himself requested him to play, that just seems out of line to me.

It's reproted in sportsnews of (Feb 05, 2005) the Janakantha

Source: Daily Janakantha (http://www.dailyjanakantha.com/kn.pdf)

Edited on, February 5, 2005, 12:38 AM GMT, by Ibrahim.

Piranha
February 4, 2005, 07:46 PM
time to forget about him and move on....

how about an off-spinner hunt?

Ibrahim
February 10, 2005, 08:19 PM
Selectors awaiting Naimur's reply
Sports Reporter, Daily Star, Feb 11, 2005

National selectors are waiting for an official reply from former Bangla-desh captain Naimur Rahman whether he will join the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) XI squad for the Duleep Trophy in India.

The four-member selection committee had announced a 14-member squad for the Indian first-class competition including Naimur but the all-rounder was quoted on different newspapers that he was yet to recover from injury. He also mentioned he had little interest to make a fresh start in the international cricket after being out for almost three years.

"We only read it on newspapers but we are looking for an official reply. We will only take the decision about him and announce a replacement if he does not turn out to report on February 15," said chief selector Faruque Ahmed adding he would be replaced by an off-spinner if needed. Fahim Muntasir is the likely replacement.

Fahim Muntasir good luck.

Spitfire_x86
February 10, 2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
i think he's a spoilt brat
I second you

Ahmed_B
February 10, 2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Faisal
who cares about old durjoy??? wut he can give us? noting,,
should u not also start questioning the other 'OLD's in the team?? what about start with Pilot?....Rafiq?? why dont we kick out Bashar within next 2 years???

After all... they are all Old or getting old.. wht can they giv us?!:mad:
Talk some sense rather than CRAP dude!

anyway... durjoy isn't playing, thats confirmed. so it's useless to talk about it.