PDA

View Full Version : Who will flourish with bat in england?


babon
February 5, 2005, 12:37 AM
Who do you guys think will do well with the bat in england this summer?

my pick: aftab and pilot.

nasifkhan
February 5, 2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by babon
Who do you guys think will do well with the bat in england this summer?

my pick: aftab and pilot.

my guess..... tapash & enam.

Spitfire_x86
February 5, 2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by nasifkhan
Originally posted by babon
Who do you guys think will do well with the bat in england this summer?

my pick: aftab and pilot.

my guess..... tapash & enam.
yeah, right :P:up:

little_master
February 5, 2005, 02:01 AM
Aftab Ahmed 80%
Nafees Ahmed 80%
Habibul Bashar 75%
Md Rafique 75%
Khaled Mashud 70%
Nafis Iqbal 50%
Ashraful 40%
Rajin Saleh 40%

bourny3
February 5, 2005, 02:20 AM
Rana.

fwullah
February 5, 2005, 02:47 AM
Lower order.

cricket_pagla
February 5, 2005, 03:11 AM
Aftab, Murtoza & Rana :up:
:fanflag::clap::clap::clap:

mahbubH
February 5, 2005, 03:16 AM
none

tutul
February 5, 2005, 04:52 AM
me, myself, and i

bdmoderator
February 5, 2005, 04:57 AM
No idea.

cricket_pagol
February 5, 2005, 05:57 AM
Ashraful, Aftab and Nafis is my pick

Sorry
February 5, 2005, 07:40 AM
nafis and aftab did well last year when they came here with bd u19. I expect them to do well again. but all bd batsmen will be trapped by:
1. bouncy delivery ( harmison, macgrath)
2. yorker (darren, brett lee, hoggard)
3. in swinger;lbw( brett lee,hoggard, darren)
I think bd batsmen are not that good in these 3 areas as we saw in the past.

chyicarus
February 5, 2005, 10:55 AM
I would say Aftab, he had a good tour with the U-19 teams. They played both Tests and one-day's with the Eng U-19. He should be well accustomed to the pace and bounce of the pitch and now that he's got some runs under his belt, should also have the confidence to stay on the wicket longer. Nafis has some basic technical problems which needs to be looked at. He'll do well in low-slow pitches, but the bounce and pace will trouble him.
Kapali needs to find his feet, he shouldn't be shuffling as much- and scoring runs off his legs as much, but he's somebody with alot of time and can be a potential big-innings player!

Rubayed
February 5, 2005, 11:34 AM
I would say Rajin Saleh, Aftab Ahmed and Pilot.

Mr-khan
February 5, 2005, 11:41 AM
Aftab,Rajin,Nafees in Practise match (they will perform in 1 or 2 Odi or test)
Pilot,manja,bashar,Rafiq in Test and Odi(they will perform reguler like "Sommanjonok score kora")
Ash: no idea.He is unpredictable.

roaring tigerz
February 5, 2005, 11:59 AM
i would stick my neck out and predict that ashraful would be the standout performer in our team during the england tour. i am expecting him to score another test century and score consistently. ash is definitely the most technically flawless batsman we have in our ranks and his decisive footwork either in the front foot or back foot can negate some uncertainties of a batsman while encountering the swinging ball. ashraful's talent has never been in doubt, just the small matter of the stuff between his two ears has been missing. but recently ash's maturing outlook has made me believe this would be his breakthrough year and england would be the stage where he announces his grand arrival.

RazabQ
February 5, 2005, 04:49 PM
I would beg to differ. If you define technically correct in the "English" sense, with a straight backlift, elbows high and pointed down the wicket, then Aftab is the one for you. And for that reason, I anticipate Aftab will have the most consistent series of all the batsmen.

As for Ashraful - he is our most talented batsmen - no doubt. He has a pretty solid if not classical technique, he's compact, and the backlift points - in a tendulkar and bradmanesque manner, towards 2nd slip. He'll prolly have 1 or 2 big knocks and some horrendous ones; I don't know if you'd call that "flourish".

Rajin - needs to start honing his frontfoot technique for England, otherwise "khobor achey"

Nafis, Bashar - both have a tendency to close their bat early in anticipation of working the ball to the onside. As such, they'll have a bunch of leading edges and lbws to inswingers.

Now I make all this prognostication with the sincerest hope that all of the -ve ones will be proven wrong :)

ZaKi
February 5, 2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by mr-khan
Aftab,Rajin,Nafees in Practise match (they will perform in 1 or 2 Odi or test)
Pilot,manja,bashar,Rafiq in Test and Odi(they will perform reguler like "Sommanjonok score kora")
Ash: no idea.He is unpredictable.

bah bah Ke kon match e valo korbe soboi to bole dilo... akhon r onnoder khelanor dorker ki :P

Bangla Mostan
February 5, 2005, 05:30 PM
i have a hunch that the old guns would do well in england..purely because of their experience of playing cricket in general.

CTazim
February 5, 2005, 05:45 PM
It seems everyone is "Pagla Baba" in this forum (this topic) :)

damal
February 5, 2005, 07:30 PM
Javed Omar Belim for Sure. He has the ability to play good on that condition.

roaring tigerz
February 5, 2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by razabq
I would beg to differ. If you define technically correct in the "English" sense, with a straight backlift, elbows high and pointed down the wicket, then Aftab is the one for you. And for that reason, I anticipate Aftab will have the most consistent series of all the batsmen.

As for Ashraful - he is our most talented batsmen - no doubt. He has a pretty solid if not classical technique, he's compact, and the backlift points - in a tendulkar and bradmanesque manner, towards 2nd slip. He'll prolly have 1 or 2 big knocks and some horrendous ones; I don't know if you'd call that "flourish".

Rajin - needs to start honing his frontfoot technique for England, otherwise "khobor achey"

Nafis, Bashar - both have a tendency to close their bat early in anticipation of working the ball to the onside. As such, they'll have a bunch of leading edges and lbws to inswingers.

Now I make all this prognostication with the sincerest hope that all of the -ve ones will be proven wrong :)

cannot agree with you on this one. from whatever i have seen of Aftab he looks like a very organized player with a great array of strokes.but to me he seems more 'flamboyant' than a rock solid batsman. he is sometimes guilty of being stuck in the crease ,which brought about some of his dismissals against Pathan.i am not saying that ashraful is dravidlike and has impeccable defense.but among our batsmen he has the surest footwork,he sees the ball early-the hallmark of a great batsman and is the most at ease against both pace and spin...against quality bowlers. saying all that i am ready to eat humble pie if aftab outscores ash and helps bdesh along the way come May! :fanflag:

Piranha
February 6, 2005, 02:44 PM
My vote gors to 1) Rajin 2) Aftab 3)Ashraful

We know that Ash is hit-or-miss(in terms of good innings, not batting style). If he gets a measure of the conditions early, then he might do really well. But somehow, I doubt it, so I'll rate Rajin's and Aftab's chances higher.

oracle
February 6, 2005, 08:12 PM
Nafis and Rajin will cope better than the others.

couger
February 6, 2005, 11:43 PM
Ashraful--It has to him. Ragardless of his recent form he's the best BD player against genuine pace and bounce. He's due for something special. I would put Aftab and Bashar to follow and in that order.