PDA

View Full Version : Best BD Captain?

cricket_pagla
February 5, 2005, 03:20 AM
Who's the best BD Captain?

bdmoderator
February 5, 2005, 04:51 AM
Habibul Bashar without any doubts. because under his captaincy, Bangladesh win 1 test, drew 1 test and win more than 5 ODIs. He is the most sucessful Captain of Bangladesh Cricket history untill now.

couger
February 5, 2005, 07:27 AM
I voted for Akram but here's a shoking news: woud've voted for Faruk if he was on the list.

opu_87
February 5, 2005, 07:46 AM
habibul bashar with no doubt, we have won out 1st test serise and our ODI serise, he is the best captain at the moment

Spitfire_x86
February 5, 2005, 08:05 AM
I voted for Akram.

We won ACC Trophy, ICC Trophy and our first ODI victory came under his captaincy.

Mahir
February 5, 2005, 08:09 AM
i want a clarification from cricket_pagla, by saying "best captain", do you mean the best captain in terms of their captaining abilities or the most successful captain ? If it's the first case, then it's Akram Khan, I say. If talking about the most successful one, then it's Habibul Bashar without a doubt.

Mr-khan
February 5, 2005, 12:31 PM
Successful captain:Habibul bashar(Performence,record)
Best captain: Akram khan (Good captaining ability)

babon
February 5, 2005, 02:36 PM
For captaincy ability, I am in no doubt that Gazi Ashraf Hossein Lipu is the best Bangladeshi captain. He was inspirational, cool headed and had a very good understaning of what was going on. He was also the manager of our ICC winning team.

Rubu
February 5, 2005, 02:43 PM
statically speaking, habibul bashar. but, that means most successful bd captain. however, the question is the best bd captain. in other words, who has the best ability to motivate the team, know the limitation, knows the strengths of the team, and knows exactly how to use them. not sure if bashar is the one from this point of view.

Ibrahim
February 5, 2005, 04:08 PM
yet to come.

RazabQ
February 5, 2005, 04:39 PM
I'd have actually said, Minhazul Abedin Nannu. Tactically, he was prolly the best. I am a big fan of bashar tho - he's a gentleman and the sport badly needs such throw-back cricketers.

bourny3
February 7, 2005, 12:32 AM
Umm i said Habibul Bashar but thats because he is the most succesful and is captaining the strongest team. Akram Khan was the best.

offcutter
February 7, 2005, 12:30 PM
I see Minhajul Abedin and Gazi Ashraf Lipu's name being mentioned here. I've seen both of them play and captain sides. Players who played under them had a common complaint. Although both posessed good cricketing minds thier attitude toward others often caused tension and didn't bring out the best in a lot of the players.

Personally both are nice guys but that didn't always reflect on the field.

imthegr81
February 8, 2005, 08:59 AM
Habibul Bashar is undoubtedly the most successful captain, but Akram Khan is the pioneer of Bangladesh's present success.

offcutter
February 8, 2005, 09:25 AM
I'm dissapointed that Faruk's name wasn't included. He had, so far the best cricketing brain of them all. He was terribly unlucky thaught as he was severly restriced by politics, internal strife and an idiot coach who the board at that time gave too much power.

I would welcome comment on this.

Bangla Mostan
February 8, 2005, 04:37 PM
To put it bluntly and NON-OFFENSIVELY....if it wasnt for the fat guy..we wouldnt have been where we are now..infact our moments of glory would have been slightly delayed..as the whole cycle of Bangladesh cricket would have commenced later as well...so BIG thanks to AKRAM...:great: