PDA

View Full Version : Boycott : :

mahbubH
February 5, 2005, 05:33 AM
" Boycott also expressed concerns over the decline in interest for Test cricket and called for the elimination of weaker teams like Bangladesh and Zimbabwe from the Test arena."

The way this guy started talking about BD's test status six months before the tour I am wondering what will happen when he actually see our players at Lords ...?

MV has not started talking yet!

Source (http://plus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/FEB/176707_RSAENG2004-05_05FEB2005.html)

pilot fan
February 5, 2005, 05:45 AM
i live in england and i assure u no one isens to what he says.

england are at the moment so far up themselves they can not see that many teams including us and zim are building for the future and will be deacent players and a team in a few years time

Spitfire_x86
February 5, 2005, 05:58 AM
Boycott is saying what he and most non-Bangladeshi cricket fans beleive. We should give him credit for honestly expressing his opinion.

This kind of criticisms will stop appearing, only if we perform consistently well against tough opponents.

mwrkhan
February 5, 2005, 06:28 AM
The only way to respond to such criticism is through performance. It is entirely up to the BD team to prove the naysayers wrong. I wish I can share everybody's apparent optimism that the team would be able to do so in the forthcoming tour.

Zobair
February 5, 2005, 06:33 AM
I hope his comments come to bite him in the rear in May.

Hasib
February 5, 2005, 07:26 AM
Lets all boycott Boycott ;)

fwullah
February 5, 2005, 09:21 AM
I just have a feeling that when these types of words are going around, before or during the time that Bangladesh goes on to play that team, we usually end up to play some good cricket.

mahbubH
February 5, 2005, 09:27 AM
I was thinking how it would be if BCB ask Boycott to work as a short term batting consultant for BD batters specially for England tour. It will help in both ways ...

Sam
February 5, 2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
I was thinking how it would be if BCB ask Boycott to work as a short term batting consultant for BD batters specially for England tour. It will help in both ways ...
:lol::P:lol:

feisal
February 5, 2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by mwrkhan
The only way to respond to such criticism is through performance. It is entirely up to the BD team to prove the naysayers wrong.

EXACTLY right, that should be the spirit.. and really the ONLY way..

roaring tigerz
February 5, 2005, 11:34 AM
sometimes i feel like we bd fans are like little kids always needing others approval to feel good about ourselves and crying out loud everytime someone screams at us! the sooner we accept the fact that there will always be doubters and critics no matter what u do, the more pain we will be relieved from. if anything, the verbal bashings from the boycotts and harshas should be taken with a grain of salt and make our resolve even stronger to prove a point or two...

ManInBlack
February 5, 2005, 01:58 PM
Who wants to see Boycott in the comentary box during BD tour to England??

Ahmed_B
February 5, 2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ManInBlack
Who wants to see Boycott in the comentary box during BD tour to England??
Don't worry... want it or not.. he will be there.. and surely he won't miss the chance of having BD in such close encounter like this! ;)

Ibrahim
February 5, 2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by pompous
I hope his comments come to bite him in the rear in May.

well said.
there is no doubt that BD is technically and mentally good team. After performing against Zim it is completely probed.

Now, our management should work hard to get success against English and Aus team, by finding good strategies and game plan. If we show the good cricket against them than whole world will talk infavour of us.

bourny3
February 7, 2005, 12:26 AM
Couldnt care less about what comes out of his mouth. He is crap.

offcutter
February 7, 2005, 12:36 PM
Boycott will be Boycott. You'll only hurt yourself if you take him seriously.

Fazal
February 7, 2005, 01:39 PM
Buro Boyoshe Bhimroti Arkey.....

Bat-PadTogether
February 7, 2005, 04:16 PM
Just another hater of Bangladeshi Cricket!:down: